University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who applied and got accepted to both UC Denver and UMinn:

Did any of you receive a background check email from Certiphi Solutions detailing a conditional acceptance consent form? I'm dying to know if either UC Denver or Uminn uses that service

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

For those who applied and got accepted to both UC Denver and UMinn:

Did any of you receive a background check email from Certiphi Solutions detailing a conditional acceptance consent form? I'm dying to know if either UC Denver or Uminn uses that service

Thanks!

I'm fairly certain that both use the service :)

For those of you who have been accepted, how long did it take them to get back to you?

It has varied- I interviewed on march 11 and was accepted on march 17. That was the end of the cycle and quite a few people got it that day. While the interviews were still going on, people waited for a couple months. I think since it's this late in the game that people will find out pretty quickly one way or the other...

Members don't see this ad :)
I am waiting to hear if my microbiology for health sciences (4 c + lab) class is going to be accepted for my microbiology prereq. If not, I will be deferring until next year, if I get it to work though, see you all in fall!
I am praying it gets approved.

Hey everyone,
I interviewd on 2/7 and I got my letter in the mail 3 days ago! Also, I am from Illinois. Does anyone know if there is a roomate/apt finder through the school? Thanks, and I can't wait to meet everyone!

Hey everyone,
I interviewd on 2/7 and I got my letter in the mail 3 days ago! Also, I am from Illinois. Does anyone know if there is a roomate/apt finder through the school? Thanks, and I can't wait to meet everyone!

They're looking into developing some kind of room mate matcher but not sure if/when that'll be. So for now, do what everyone else did....facebook!!! lol.

I am waiting to hear if my microbiology for health sciences (4 c + lab) class is going to be accepted for my microbiology prereq. If not, I will be deferring until next year, if I get it to work though, see you all in fall!
I am praying it gets approved.

Just complete the pre-req over the Summer. No need to defer. I even heard of people completing missing requisites between p1 and p2 year during the summer.

puregoldenboy - Julie told me it was fine, so all good!

Thanks Summitguy!

does anyone know the best way to look for housing near campus?

does anyone know the best way to look for housing near campus?

When you got invited for your interview, they sent out a document that contained about 20-25 different apartment complexes around the area..that would be the best way to start.

Has anyone received acceptances this week? This wait is killing me and I need to make decisions whether to commit to other schools or not soon. :(

nothing yet :( supposed to hear within the next 15 days right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there any Denver residents or UC-Denver phrmacy students on this board? If so how much is rent for a one bedroom apartment?

Is there any Denver residents or UC-Denver phrmacy students on this board? If so how much is rent for a one bedroom apartment?

Depends on where you want to live. I live at 21 Fitz which is right across from campus and it probably would be 850+ for a 1 bedroom. I love living here because of its convenience. Copper Flats is pretty close too and a little cheaper than Fitz. City Lights is nice, a few miles from campus, but about the same price as Fitz. Many students live in the Lowry area. It's a nice area and prices are cheaper, but you would need some type of transportation to get to school. In general, the further you go from campus, the less expensive places tend to be. Some students live downtown but I have no idea what the rent is there. Hopefully other students can give you more insight into other areas.

Depends on where you want to live. I live at 21 Fitz which is right across from campus and it probably would be 850+ for a 1 bedroom. I love living here because of its convenience. Copper Flats is pretty close too and a little cheaper than Fitz. City Lights is nice, a few miles from campus, but about the same price as Fitz. Many students live in the Lowry area. It's a nice area and prices are cheaper, but you would need some type of transportation to get to school. In general, the further you go from campus, the less expensive places tend to be. Some students live downtown but I have no idea what the rent is there. Hopefully other students can give you more insight into other areas.

Just so you know the 1 bedroom apartments at 21 Fitzsimons start at 955!!..I think they've raised the prices! I also know that a lot of the 2 bedroom ones have recently went up as well.

Just so you know the 1 bedroom apartments at 21 Fitzsimons start at 955!!..I think they've raised the prices! I also know that a lot of the 2 bedroom ones have recently went up as well.

yikes. good to know. glad i moved in when i did lol. hopefully my rent doesn't go up too. good luck to everyone looking for apts!

hey

i totally forgot to do the background check thing until now (certiphi)...at least i think that is what UCD uses? i got into UCD and the university of nebraska at the same time so im not for sure. but yeah a nice 4 months went by before i got that filled out, i hope they don't mind.

i started looking at apartments also. copper flats is very nice and about 800 for a one bedroom. i wish UCD would send out financial aid information a little sooner than july though...

I pay $615 for a 1bed in Wash park/cherry creek. The only utility i pay is electric too, which is like $12/month.

Hm, only thing I can think of would be they originally didn't invite you for an interview b/c of your PCAT and then suddenly had a change of heart after looking at your app. again and liking the 3.8 dual degree part. Pretty strange that you got an interview so late, b/c like the person above me said, they stressed that march 11th was their last interview day. You should call them tomorrow to clarify what's going on. I doubt they made a mistake though and if they didn't, congrats on your interview!

Just so you guys know, I called and asked about the extra interview date and they said it was because they wanted to "expand the candidate pool." Which worries me because I'm still waiting for an answer...I want to go to CU so badly, I hope it doesn't decrease my chances of getting in :(

For those of you (like me) who are still waiting, congratulations! Be prepared to wait some more! I just talked with the admin people and they say the adcom haven't been meeting as often, so most likely many of us will be getting the decisions next week or after , NOT this week as hoped for. "Apparently" it shouldn't be later than April

Honestly at this point I'll be glad if we get it before Memorial Day :laugh:

Just so you guys know, I called and asked about the extra interview date and they said it was because they wanted to "expand the candidate pool." Which worries me because I'm still waiting for an answer...I want to go to CU so badly, I hope it doesn't decrease my chances of getting in
ditto.

For those of you (like me) who are still waiting, congratulations! Be prepared to wait some more! I just talked with the admin people and they say the adcom haven't been meeting as often, so most likely many of us will be getting the decisions next week or after , NOT this week as hoped for. "Apparently" it shouldn't be later than April

Honestly at this point I'll be glad if we get it before Memorial Day :laugh:
Does that include those who interviewed on Feb 28th?

I pay $615 for a 1bed in Wash park/cherry creek. The only utility i pay is electric too, which is like $12/month.

If you don't mind, what is the name of the apartment complex you live in? I'm debating about living by myself or getting a 2 bedroom and finding a roommate. Having a roommate would be a lot cheaper but $615 is not bad at all!

Just so you guys know, I called and asked about the extra interview date and they said it was because they wanted to "expand the candidate pool." Which worries me because I'm still waiting for an answer...I want to go to CU so badly, I hope it doesn't decrease my chances of getting in :(

Thanks for the update! Do you know how many more interviews they are doing in addition to the April 8th one?

Thanks for the update! Do you know how many more interviews they are doing in addition to the April 8th one?

I hope to goodness that is the only one, but no I don't know. The lady said they haven't rejected anybody yet, but that everybody who hasn't gotten an answer yet has a status of "under review." That was about all they told me. So I guess all there is to do is just sit back and wait some more unfortunately. :rolleyes:

I guess I will be withdrawing my application. I have to pay a deposit next week and won't know anything from colorado until after then. I wish I had an extra grand laying around, but I don't. Good luck to everyone.

Hey guys. I was accepted a little while ago. It is my intent to decline. But they do this funny thing where you can't just call them up to decline(I tried), you have to send them a letter with your signature. Anyway, I got caught up with stuff and forgot to send the letter, which I will do shortly. So I just wanted to let the people that might be on a waitlist know that there will be at least 1 spot opening up. And maybe there are others like me.

Good luck!

great...

(thats a response to lucAlb's post about having to wait past the first week of april, which was the time they said we would know by.)

Last edited:
Hey guys. I was accepted a little while ago. It is my intent to decline. But they do this funny thing where you can't just call them up to decline(I tried), you have to send them a letter with your signature. Anyway, I got caught up with stuff and forgot to send the letter, which I will do shortly. So I just wanted to let the people that might be on a waitlist know that there will be at least 1 spot opening up. And maybe there are others like me.

Good luck!

Same here! Although they called wed and asked me if i had received my acceptance letter, which i hadnt. I received the email, but not the one in the post- I declined and they accepted it. I had to send her a seperate email tho, so it was in writing.

It has varied- I interviewed on march 11 and was accepted on march 17. That was the end of the cycle and quite a few people got it that day. While the interviews were still going on, people waited for a couple months. I think since it's this late in the game that people will find out pretty quickly one way or the other...

wow they let you know that fast? i interviewed the same date as you and still waiting. have you heard from anyone else who you might've made friends with that day?

Hey just to let you guys know I declined my seat at UC-denver so there is one more available spot.

So, I just got off the phone with Cecilia. The admissions commitee is meeting right now and we all should be hearing back from them by April 22.

So, I just got off the phone with Cecilia. The admissions commitee is meeting right now and we all should be hearing back from them by April 22.

It seems so far away. Anyone know how many seats are open?

Interviewed at the end of January...have yet to hear back. It would be nice if they kept us a little updated on time frame. I thought they said decisions go out first week in April. Now from reading this forum it appears that they are sending decisions out at the end of April.

Did anyone else receive this e-value link? In the headline it says, "Welcome to University of Colorado School of Pharmacy," and gives you the link to some website. I called Cecilia and she was not quite sure whats going on.

Did anyone else receive this e-value link? In the headline it says, "Welcome to University of Colorado School of Pharmacy," and gives you the link to some website. I called Cecilia and she was not quite sure whats going on.

I checked my email after reading your post and I have the same email.

Please keep me informed if you figure out what it means!

I just got an email with login info and a secure site from colorado. Did anyone else get something like this? Does it mean acceptance, or no?

Thanks in advance.

:confused:
I just got an email with login info and a secure site from colorado. Did anyone else get something like this? Does it mean acceptance, or no?

Thanks in advance.

I got the same email and i wasn't sure either. i called the admissions office and its actually just for a survey for ALL the applicants to fill out. Im guessing its about what our experience was on the interview process... thats it.
yes.. even though the email is titled " welcome to uc sop"...:confused::wtf:
The lady at the phone said we'll still have to wait till next week.

I called the office of student services and they told me this was standard for all applicants. It doesn't mean that any decision has been made yet tho.

...time to wait some more :poke:

I called the office of student services and they told me this was standard for all applicants. It doesn't mean that any decision has been made yet tho.

...time to wait some more :poke:

WOW!!! What a crappy subject line for a survey! I'm a little angry about the false positive I just got :mad: lol. Hopefully I'll hear some good news next week. I thought I for sure wasn't getting in so I accepted UT Austin but I'll have quite a decision to make if Colorado gives me an acceptance...

WOW!!! What a crappy subject line for a survey! I'm a little angry about the false positive I just got :mad: lol.

I agree!! So misleading... -_- When you log into the link, on the first page that comes up, does anyone else have the "Rank" and "Role" filled out? Mine says "recommend summer ESL" and "student 1." Wonder what that means...

I agree!! So misleading... -_- When you log into the link, on the first page that comes up, does anyone else have the "Rank" and "Role" filled out? Mine says "recommend summer ESL" and "student 1." Wonder what that means...

Mine says,

Roll: Student 1

No clue what it means. Just another week to wait...