University of Colorado or UIC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilmisspremed227

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Both schools I will be OOS for but will establish residency after the first year. I plan to go into residency to become and oncology pharmacist. Does it matter which school of these two I go to? Will the higher rank of Chicago improve my career prospects?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe gaining residency in Illinois is difficult because you need to earn at least 50% tuition including rent income which is like ~25k a year. From what I've heard, I honestly think that ranking is important in terms of PGY1 and PGY2, however, ranking difference of 20 is very minimal. I'd prefer UIC because it's located at the central medical district and close to other hospitals such as Rush, Northwestern, University of Chicago etc. In the end, it's all about networking and UIC may offer more opportunities.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Both schools I will be OOS for but will establish residency after the first year. I plan to go into residency to become and oncology pharmacist. Does it matter which school of these two I go to? Will the higher rank of Chicago improve my career prospects?
UIC or bust