University of Colorado c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
have u called them to let them know u'll be pulling out ur ap? cuz u should probably do that if you knoe for sure ur not going there

I agree with TrjTraddie. If everyone who is not planning on attending Colorado tells the adcom, then it might speed up the process for those of us waiting, plus it would make things easier for the adcom too.

I am also wondering if the admission decisions will be sent by mail or e-mail.... Looking at last year's forum, it looks like toward the end of the process (april) the committee started to send acceptances out by e-mail too.

Members don't see this ad.

Just called Cecilia, she said the adcom is meeting tomorrow 2-4pm. So i asked if I could call after, say around 4:15 and she said I might as well try. I jsut have a deposit due tomorrow that I rather not pay if I get accepted into CU.

oh im soo nervous thinking abut it ...2 hours? really that all they need?? oh well fingers crossed for all of us waiting :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just called Cecilia, she said the adcom is meeting tomorrow 2-4pm. So i asked if I could call after, say around 4:15 and she said I might as well try. I jsut have a deposit due tomorrow that I rather not pay if I get accepted into CU.
I hope they are able to make a decision on your file today. Good luck!

It sounds like they just need to sort out which of the "admittable" applicants they'll be admitting, and then set a waitlist order... good luck to everybody... please post on here as soon as you hear!

thx coug. ill let ya know if i hear something today

I declined my spot this afternoon (before the Adcom meeting). Hope that gives someone else some good news.

Good luck to you all! :love:

Called today at 4:30 and got the answering machine. So who knows what happened.

that is a bummer. Does that mean you will put down the CPG deposit? What are the chances you will go there over UH-Hilo?

Called today at 4:30 and got the answering machine. So who knows what happened.

Me too, I kept calling but it went to voicemail. Does anybody know if there is anybody in the office on the weekends that can let us know the status of our applications? I don't want to wait until Monday!

My guess is that they will not be able to tell you your admissions status over the phone anyway. I could be wrong, but there's nobody there over the weekend, so it will have to wait until at least Monday.

Do you think they mailed letters yesterday, or will that happen Monday, too?

I didnt put down the deposit at CPG. I just have my fingers crossed for CU now. Either way Hilo has a spot for me so its not like I'm out of options.

anyone know anything about bristol village apartments in aurora???? is it safe around that area? are they good apartments?

Members don't see this ad :)
I didnt put down the deposit at CPG. I just have my fingers crossed for CU now. Either way Hilo has a spot for me so its not like I'm out of options.
That puts you one step closer to a for sure decision! Bummed we won't be classmates, but its cool that you will get to get out of Phoenix for school. I hope you hear from UC soon!

Does anyone know how to apply for financial aid? I already did my fafsa, but I know we have to do another form but I don't have an ID number yet and don't know what else I have to do! Help!

Does anyone know how to apply for financial aid? I already did my fafsa, but I know we have to do another form but I don't have an ID number yet and don't know what else I have to do! Help!

I was also wondering about that. I think I'll call them on monday to see if I have a student ID yet. I'll let you know what they say.

FYI, I just called the office of student services and was able to get my student ID #! I think they create this number as soon as they receive your paperwork and deposit.

For anyone waiting to hear back: I just called Beverly and she said emails could go out today or tomorrow and letters later this week.

For anyone waiting to hear back: I just called Beverly and she said emails could go out today or tomorrow and letters later this week.

I'm guessing she wasn't able to tell you your status.

:xf: for you!

Nah she wasnt, but I got a week extension for my mw deadline..so Im considering cpg again. It financially just makes sense, to get out a year earlier and pay 80 grand less. So realistically, as of now, I'm leaning towards mw-cpg. Jeez my mind changes so much lol

I was going so crazy just deciding that I had to choose one so I didn't go back and forth for the next two months.

emails??? hmmm so will they be notifying us via email first....??? i hope thats what it means :)...the anticipation is killing me :xf::xf:

emails??? hmmm so will they be notifying us via email first....??? i hope thats what it means :)...the anticipation is killing me :xf::xf:

from my understanding, an email = rejection. SO what you really want to receive is a letter!

i wonder how many more spots were available.

based on students from last year, the last round of acceptances went out on april 9th and students were notified first by email, which stated they were accepted and should look for the big white envelope in the mail. waitlist emails were sent out two days later, and im assuming rejection emails were after that. im guessing this year would be similar.

I called earlier today and Kimberly said that the rejections are e-mailed and the acceptances are both mailed and e-mailed, so it doesn't necessarily mean "e-mail=bad news." She said they didn't make all the decisions on Friday but they focused on the out-of-state students first so that they can send those letters out earlier.(I heard someone say it takes the CU letters 7 days to get to California) She also said that they might know today or tomorrow and to call her on Wednesday to find out. I keep getting the "call back in a few days" response so i don't have my hopes up for getting an update on Wednesday. anyways Good Luck!

Blaaaaah they are so slow! They need to improve their process so they aren't doing so much deciding so late in the game. And it sux for us in-staters because I figured I would hear first, being one day's mail from CU.

Hey everyone, congrats to all those who have been accepted! I am currently a P1 student at the school of pharmacy, and I am looking for two roommates for next year. I live in a four bedroom house with my sister, who is a P2, in Aurora about 6 miles away from the school. Rent is $450 + utilities. This would be a good opportunity to make some connections, and we can give you an idea of how things will be for your first year. If you have any additional questions, just shoot me an email at [email protected].

anyone know anything about bristol village apartments in aurora???? is it safe around that area? are they good apartments?

That is actually where I will be staying. When I went to Denver for the interview, I had an extra day so I just drove around and explored the area. It just so happened that this was the area where I somewhat concentrated my exploration. I never actually saw the place, but more so the area around it, and it seemed really nice.

I called earlier today and Kimberly said that the rejections are e-mailed and the acceptances are both mailed and e-mailed, so it doesn't necessarily mean "e-mail=bad news." She said they didn't make all the decisions on Friday but they focused on the out-of-state students first so that they can send those letters out earlier.(I heard someone say it takes the CU letters 7 days to get to California) She also said that they might know today or tomorrow and to call her on Wednesday to find out. I keep getting the "call back in a few days" response so i don't have my hopes up for getting an update on Wednesday. anyways Good Luck!

they should keep a blog about their process... that way people may not call their office as much. hhahaha... however, if it werent for ppl's input in this forum, id be calling them every other day. i guess we should just wait now

my mind is going crazy waiting. it's so close!!! but so far away!!!!

got a call back from cecilia today..letters are going out late this week. Im fed up with their crappy process. Im going to MWU

got a call back from cecilia today..letters are going out late this week. Im fed up with their crappy process. Im going to MWU

I wish I had another option. The school has such a nice facility, and a pretty good reputation; why is the admissions procedure so terrible? Especially since they've already accepted some people... you'd think they would have given an objective score to everyone at the time of their interviews and then just ranked them. Sounds like a thirty minute meeting to me... "Anyone we need to move up? Anyone we need to move down? Let's break a few of these ties and we'll be done by lunch..."

Me too, I totally feel the same way. I may be an in-stater, but I'm fed up with the school in general. Tacky and unprofessional interview day conduct, and then they make you wait forever. Gives me some insight into how the administration probably handles things with current students, who they don't even have to try to impress anymore! Mega disappointment. I am so over this school.

Creighton, here I come!:thumbup:

Exactly. Im so unimpressed by this process that Im not even considering their offer anymore. I have a pharm school 20 miles away, i'd rather just go there and forget about this nonsense.

this forum has seriously turned into the pity party, the lets bitch about colorado site. honestly suck it up and just WAIT. and have you considered that maybe its not the school maybe its YOU as a canidate? Its awesome that you have choices so its not like you're left high and dry. Sometimes it feels like their choices fall out of the sky and theres no rhyme or reason, but i dont think the school gives a **** if your unimpressed with them or not, lets face it pharmacy school is competative and they are going to pick people that fit with their program. maybe you shouldnt have picked such a late date to interview ultimately that was your choice, or maybe you got stuck with a bad interviewer it happens. And personally i dont understand what is so "late" about their decision, its not like school starts tomorrow, and as I said if you have other options then go peacefully, it just leaves more spots open for people who happy to attend CU. No matter where you go its the SAME DEGREE! I feel like its turned into a lets see how many schools i can get into competition, not just with people here but with fellow classmates. im not trying to make enemies or piss anyone off, but it sorta seems like a lot of people are so full of themselves they cant fathom the idea that maybe they got rejected.
And for those who have no other options i say just wait, it always happens when you're least expecting it.

Exactly. Im so unimpressed by this process that Im not even considering their offer anymore. I have a pharm school 20 miles away, i'd rather just go there and forget about this nonsense.

Me too, I totally feel the same way. I may be an in-stater, but I'm fed up with the school in general. Tacky and unprofessional interview day conduct, and then they make you wait forever. Gives me some insight into how the administration probably handles things with current students, who they don't even have to try to impress anymore! Mega disappointment. I am so over this school.

Creighton, here I come!:thumbup:

But what if you guys got an acceptance letter tomorrow? what would you do? Even though you are frustrated and fed up with the school right now, it might change your decision.... you've been holding out hope for so long, why not give it a little more time?

Be patient and think positively! It will be okay!

this forum has seriously turned into the pity party, the lets bitch about colorado site. honestly suck it up and just WAIT. and have you considered that maybe its not the school maybe its YOU as a canidate? Its awesome that you have choices so its not like you're left high and dry. Sometimes it feels like their choices fall out of the sky and theres no rhyme or reason, but i dont think the school gives a **** if your unimpressed with them or not, lets face it pharmacy school is competative and they are going to pick people that fit with their program. maybe you shouldnt have picked such a late date to interview ultimately that was your choice, or maybe you got stuck with a bad interviewer it happens. And personally i dont understand what is so "late" about their decision, its not like school starts tomorrow, and as I said if you have other options then go peacefully, it just leaves more spots open for people who happy to attend CU. No matter where you go its the SAME DEGREE! I feel like its turned into a lets see how many schools i can get into competition, not just with people here but with fellow classmates. im not trying to make enemies or piss anyone off, but it sorta seems like a lot of people are so full of themselves they cant fathom the idea that maybe they got rejected.
And for those who have no other options i say just wait, it always happens when you're least expecting it.

my thoughts exactly (although i wouldnt say it's a pity party, more of a venting party).

beardown and irishoats just got pwned. take your negativity to those other schools. i think we heard from both of you dozens of posts ago about how you got offers from other schools already and don't care about colorado.

I'm not trying to make enemies either...nor start a pity party. I honestly hope that everyone who really wants to go to Colorado gets in!
Just because BearDown and I ultimately think that the admissions process sucks doesn't mean we are negative people or poor candidates for the program - after all, like the adcoms said, "when you get accepted doesn't reflect your quality as a candidate". Right? Heh.
I actually did interview early. Don't know why they take so long to make decisions on in-staters.
If I had wanted to start a real problem and make enemies, then I would've posted all of the bad things I've heard and found out about the school from the current students and recent grads that I know, etc. But instead I asked those who were interested in my opinion and the things I have discovered, to PM me.
So there you have it. With complete honesty, I wish congratulations to those of you who will be attending, and I hope the school is a great fit for you.

I am also waiting for CU and I really want to go to school there. The reason I have been impatient is because I have three more interviews (two of which are this week). I just really needed to know so that I can determine if I need to buy the plane tickets or not. If I get accepted I will enthusiastically accept b/c i was impressed by the school. For those of you who have been accepted to other schools and have already decided not to attend CU (whether you have been accepted or not) I ask you to please let CU know so that the rest of us get a chance. Thank You.

It's frustrating to be waiting this long. I'm not trying to throw a pity party; I'm frustrated that at my interview TWO MONTHS AGO they said all applicants would hear by April 1st. And that they keep telling applicants a new date slightly in the future. Why string us along like that? Just say "we are still deliberating; you will be notified by email when a decision has been made." Instead they say, well, you could call Friday. Well, some letters could go out Monday or Tuesday. Well, we'll be sending letters out later this week. I am just waiting, but it's really maddening. Next year I'll apply early decision.

It's frustrating to be waiting this long. I'm not trying to throw a pity party; I'm frustrated that at my interview TWO MONTHS AGO they said all applicants would hear by April 1st. And that they keep telling applicants a new date slightly in the future. Why string us along like that? Just say "we are still deliberating; you will be notified by email when a decision has been made." Instead they say, well, you could call Friday. Well, some letters could go out Monday or Tuesday. Well, we'll be sending letters out later this week. I am just waiting, but it's really maddening. Next year I'll apply early decision.

Some decisions may take longer because the applicant could be a borderline case... good enough not to reject but not the top notch student to accept right away. I say just be happy that you haven't already been rejected, which is why some applicants are still in review, because I'm sure there are those that have been.

Why wasn't that your first choice all along?

dont worry my pity party comment wasnt really directed at you. i know the wait is REALLY frustrating. last year i waited from feb 8th to april 11th to hear anything from them, and i realize it sucks. im frustrated more with the people who have 2 or 3 options beside CU and yet still feel the need to vent about how they havent heard. and i realize that other interviews maybe happening. i bought my plan ticket to the east coast, right before i heard from CU. luckily i bought the insurance as well and was able to cancel and get a refund.
im also starting to think the administration is just giving random answers to applicants questions merely to get them to stop calling. im willing to bet that not everyone there knows whats going on all the time, it would be nice if they said "just wait to hear from us" rather than quoting dates for people. but as its been previously stated if you havent been upright rejected i think that is a good thing, they are still considering you. you also have to keep him mind that they may still be hearing from people denying their acceptance so more spots may keep opening up and then they have to debate all over again.

found out I was wait listed today through email :( I am so bummed because CU was my first choice school

Just got an email too about being on the wait list. ...CU is the only school i interviewed at so im crossing my fingers!!!!!!!!! its better than a rejection though :)

I received an acceptance email today, and I will be attending in the fall. I hope to see all of you there!

Check your email!

I received an acceptance email today, and I will be attending in the fall. I hope to see all of you there!

Check your email!

Out of curiosity, are you in-state or out? Thanks

I received my acceptance email this morning, and I am out of state. I'm not quite sure as to whether or not I will accept their offer of admission, but if I don't another spot should open up for you if you're on the waitlist! :)

if CU is not your number one choice, u should leave the spot to someone who really wants to go there and on the wait listed. Thanks!