University of Colorado c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cinnamoroll12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would want to start a thread for Colorado. Any one else applied there?

Members don't see this ad.

Applied through early decision and got accepted Oct 23.

I applied there for normal admission. Haven't heard anything yet. Anyone heard from them yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied there for normal admission. Haven't heard anything yet. Anyone heard from them yet?

From last year's thread, it seems like they started getting invites in late January.

I'm a Denver resident, and have applied to CU as well...regular decision, haven't heard anything yet. It would be nice to pay in-state tuition...
At the pharmacy where I work, there are a few interns that go to school there, and a few of them really dislike it for various reasons (they think it is "too easy", they say that brown-nosing professors is all it takes to get a good grade, etc) but I'm not sure how valid their comments are.
Two pharmacists I've worked with, who are alumni, really liked the education they got there. So who knows. I guess it's all relative.
I would like to hear something from the school though. I guess it will be a few weeks. Good luck everyone! Let me know if you have any questions about Denver.

I applied to UC for regular decision. I haven't heard a peep from them yet.

I applied to UC also. I got an email from Beverly, the director of student services, on December 29. Pretty much the email confirmed that they got both my PharmCAS and supplemental applications. She also said they would start to issue invites sometime in January.

Applied, and sent my supplemental in October 6th, PharmCAS in September and hadn't heard anything yet. Hope I get that confirmation email soon!

Whoops, just checked my spam out of curiosity and it was there, dated 11/4. Also mentions just to update fall grades, interview invites starting in January and interviews will be in February and March.

I just received an interview invite today. There are quite a few dates to choose from, but most likely I will not attend. Good luck to you all! :luck::luck:

I got one too!!! :D
I'm not sure what date to pick...

You happy dogs!!! congrats!!! I applied regular too, nothing yet, they just sent an email confirming of application way back when. BTW, is this the new school in Denver? I applied to both but nothing so far. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invite as well! I'm so excited!

I got an invite today too!!! Does anybody know exactly how their admissions accepts applicants. For example, do they review after each week or do they only decide after all interviews are done.

i got one too today! really didn't expect this one, being a non-resident

I got my invite today as well :)
Not sure which day I'm going to pick just yet...but I'm glad I heard from them!

got an invite today. going to the 1/30 interview date. got to fly into colorado though ugh.

I got an invite today too!!! Does anybody know exactly how their admissions accepts applicants. For example, do they review after each week or do they only decide after all interviews are done.

PharmCAS states that acceptance letters will be given out during the first week of April.

I received an interview invite too! I chose 1/30, hope that date is still open! Best of luck to you all!

I chose 1/30 too. I have an interview in Hawaii for Jan 23rd. and this was the soonest one after that. I guess we'll see, I got an email last night back stating that their offices would be closed till Jan 20th., so it might be a couple of days.

Does anybody know exactly how their admissions accepts applicants. For example, do they review after each week or do they only decide after all interviews are done.

I'm pretty sure they interview all applicants before making decisions (other than those who applied through early decision and were accepted).

Anyone else having trouble opening the invitation's attachments?

for those of you that received invites, could you please post up your stats? Thanks!

for those of you that received invites, could you please post up your stats? Thanks!
I didn't have any trouble opening the attachments...

As for stats, I applied with a 3.24 GPA, 88 PCAT comp score. I'm also an in-state applicant, so that probably helped me.

Got my confirmation today for 1/30. My stats are... 3.57 GPA (it will go up past a 3.6 after academic update), 77 PCAT comp score, out-of-state, 100+ volunteer hours in hospital pharmacy, 10 hours of tutoring, and a couple of other EC's.

GPA 2.95 :(
PCAT 80 composite with 93 in chem
Pre-Pharmacy Club
Out of state
Will have B.S. in Biomed Sciences in May
2 years at 30+ hours a week of tech experience at CVS
Nationally certified tech
Some volunteer experience
3 awesome LOR's (2 pharmacists and chemistry professor)
I feel had great essays

My GPA was about a 3.35 prior to both my mother and grandfather dying about a year and a half ago. Money has been so tight since then too so I've been working like crazy just to keep going. Thankfully, my grandma said if I get into pharmacy school, I won't have to worry about money.

Got my confirmation today for 1/30. My stats are... 3.57 GPA (it will go up past a 3.6 after academic update), 77 PCAT comp score, out-of-state, 100+ volunteer hours in hospital pharmacy, 10 hours of tutoring, and a couple of other EC's.

When did you email back your selection date?

i got an email dat says disregard the previous email, which i didnt even receive and it has some temphtmlfiles/image which i cannot even open, what does this mean or did anyone else get this"?

i got an email dat says disregard the previous email, which i didnt even receive and it has some temphtmlfiles/image which i cannot even open, what does this mean or did anyone else get this"?

I got two emails: the first said they had rev'd my PharmCAS application but not my supplemental or $ (what???), the second said disregard the first... it was sent in error.

don't panic!

I received an invite as well. Unfortunately it wasn't able to open through my university's webmail, so it was quite a hassle to have an IT friend of mine get to it. Probably because it was a 10MB email with several attachments I guess.

thanks guys for posting your stats!! I just hope that i receive an invite sooN! i am a reapplicant...so i hope that kinda goes in my favor!

thanks guys for posting your stats!! I just hope that i receive an invite sooN! i am a reapplicant...so i hope that kinda goes in my favor!

I still haven't received anything from them yet. :( I guess they sent out all invites at once since others had many dates to choose from?

I got in back in october through early decision. The facilities look amazing and the cost of living out there is cheap as hell!

+1. I love early decision! And UC! Good luck to you all on your interviews!

they are sstill inviting ppl for regular admission righT?

OHHH SO NERVOUS!

I will be flying in from Long Beach, CA on thursday morning. If anyone wants to prep or practice in colorado that day, please send me a private message and I will get back to you by phone or email. Best of luck.

Last edited:
When did you email back your selection date?

thesteve1: I got the invitation on Jan 16th and returned it 4 hours later. I got a return email stating that they were already closed for the day and that they would be back after MLK day, which was Tuesday. I got a confirmation that day. Hope this helps, sorry i didn't respond earlier, i was traveling to Hawaii :)

I panicked when I saw that a lot of people got their electronic invites on the 16th and I didn't. But I got a call today to schedule a phone interview next week. :) From what people have said in previous years, it looks like they phone-interview everyone who didn't mark English as their first language before offering them an in-person interview. It must be a tremendous time-waster on UC's end, but I'm ok with the loop-jumping if it'll get me in. Hopefully, what I hear is true--if you do well (heck, even if you do ok) in the phone interview you're getting a real interview spot. So my mood right now is cautiously celebratory. Good luck to everybody who's already got an interview for sure and for those who're still waiting!

(out of state, 3.7/3.5 cum/scigpa, 99 pcat, average ec)

they are sstill inviting ppl for regular admission righT?

OHHH SO NERVOUS!

Yea, I'm scared that might have sent out all invites already! Does anyone here know if they're still inviting more people? Or is this it?

Hi everyone,

Just wondering, does anyone know approximately how many interview invites this school sends out after the early decision people have been accepted?

From what I understand, some schools like Touro, send out hundreds of interview invites (supposedly they sent out 1500 this year and only received 600 replies :eek:) so the chances of acceptance even if you receive an interview are pretty tough. On the other hand, some schools only invite a couple hundred interviews therefore making your chances of acceptance pretty good if you receive an interview (unless you horribly mess up the interview). Can anyone shed some light on this?

Hi everyone,

Just wondering, does anyone know approximately how many interview invites this school sends out after the early decision people have been accepted?

From what I understand, some schools like Touro, send out hundreds of interview invites (supposedly they sent out 1500 this year and only received 600 replies :eek:) so the chances of acceptance even if you receive an interview are pretty tough. On the other hand, some schools only invite a couple hundred interviews therefore making your chances of acceptance pretty good if you receive an interview (unless you horribly mess up the interview). Can anyone shed some light on this?

http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/schoolColoradopage.htm

Last year they gave 265 interviews and accepted 150 students.

Yea, I'm scared that might have sent out all invites already! Does anyone here know if they're still inviting more people? Or is this it?

When I emailed them a few weeks ago to make sure they had all my stuff and to ask when I should expect to hear from them, they said:

"We will be contacting people for interviews by the end of January. Keep checking your e-mail and your junk mail. We send out invitations with attachments so sometimes they get thrown into your junk mail. We also try sending out regular invitations through your usual mail. If you are not invited, you should get a letter of denial by mid-February."

Maybe they will send out more this week? I don't know why they would say anything about using snail mail...maybe they do that if they can't send anything to your email address for some reason.

Congrats to everyone who received interview invites! As far as I know, there are 12 interview dates and the first one was this past Friday. I'll be one of the students giving tours during the interview days on 2/13 and 2/27. Good luck and see you then (if you chose that day anyway).

Congrats to everyone who received interview invites! As far as I know, there are 12 interview dates and the first one was this past Friday. I'll be one of the students giving tours during the interview days on 2/13 and 2/27. Good luck and see you then (if you chose that day anyway).

Hey koni, I'll be meeting you! I chose the 2/13 date.