University of Charleston School of pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello, did anyone here go the Dec 9 interview? I am just wondering if anybody heard back yet.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if they have writing assessment as part of their interview?

Thank You

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

anyone have an interview on jan 7th?

Does anyone know about how many students they interview and how many of those actually get accepted?

I'm not sure. It says on PharmCAS that they interview 250 and accept around 80. I interviewed on Jan 6th and there were only about 15 people at most. My friend who was interviewed and was accepted said that there were about that many on her interview day. She interviewed back in late November. .

I just received my acceptance email this morning! So excited. Good luck to everyone!

Anyone interviewing for the end mid-end of feb. session? Just got my invitation:) There is a slight concern that being so close to the end of the interviews it may be more competitive...I'm regretting waiting so long to apply now with all the rolling admissions at schools.

Any interview advice (without breaching any pacts to keep what was asked confidential of course) would be appreciated!!!

Best of luck and congrats to all!!!

Ya I just got my interview date on Feb 17th. I hope its not to late. Any advice for my interview?......I am kinda nervous.

I interviewed 1/6 and was accepted 1/13
It's not one of my top choices so if i get accepted elsewhere, i'm giving up my seat so hopefully someone who really wants has a chance of getting in!

good luck to everyone is who interviewing!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had an interview Feb 18 and I felt like it was really laid back and the people were really friendly. I even laughed a little with the interviewers. Anyone else interview that day? let me know when you hear back!

I remember the dean mentioning that all students are given a laptop part of their tuition with the option to buy after gradation. Does anyone know if they have options as to what computer you get or if not, what computer they give the students?

You don't have a choice in laptops; your whole class gets the same one. The current one is a Dell, but it's pretty solid. Solid slate hard drive, plenty of processing speed (core i5), full windows 7 package, all that good jazz. If anything happens to it, the IT office handles it no questions asked (except water damage I believe). The laptop gets upgraded the start of your P3 year to a new system and when you graduate you can either purchase it or return it.

Glad you liked it, Quinn. If you couldn't tell, it's a pretty close-knit community. I'm loving my choice so far, and I'm saying that sincerely. Good luck to you all and your future interviews.

You don't have a choice in laptops; your whole class gets the same one. The current one is a Dell, but it's pretty solid. Solid slate hard drive, plenty of processing speed (core i5), full windows 7 package, all that good jazz. If anything happens to it, the IT office handles it no questions asked (except water damage I believe). The laptop gets upgraded the start of your P3 year to a new system and when you graduate you can either purchase it or return it.

Glad you liked it, Quinn. If you couldn't tell, it's a pretty close-knit community. I'm loving my choice so far, and I'm saying that sincerely. Good luck to you all and your future interviews.

I was accepted a few months ago, and I had been wanting to ask a current student a few questions about the computers. Do you bring it everyday? Also, do people take notes on paper of follow along on the computer? Finally, do you use textbooks, or it is all computer based? Sorry for so many questions lol. I was pleased with my interview and I fell in love with Charleston. Everyone was super nice and I can't wait to start in the fall.

Last edited:
Congrats on your acceptance!

We do bring them everyday, but it's your choice. All exams and quizzes are done via software on your laptop. Most people typically take notes on their laptops, considering most of the professors use powerpoint. There's a section under each slide that allows you to add notes in there. Although I do believe about 10 students take hand-written notes. Personally, I type faster than I write, and so I tend to take more computer-based notes.

As for textbooks, in general we are required to get textbooks. Occasionally there will be online readings, as with any university, but for the most part we do use textbooks. Most of our pharmaceutical resources however are online based. We can access them off-campus if need be, which is actually pretty awesome.

Hope this clears things up and let me know if there are any other questions. Every now and then I swing by on here to see if anyone needs any help.

To those of you that have heard back, did you receive your notification via email or through the actual mail?

I recently interviewed with UCWV COP on 02/25. I really enjoyed hearing about the program and it was also really great to talk with some of the students and gauge their experience. Most everyone I spoke with said they get very individualized attention if needed and that is important to me. I am excited to hear back. Is there anyone else out there that interviewed on 02/25? How would you rate your experience?

To those of you that have heard back, did you receive your notification via email or through the actual mail?

I think everyone receives an email first and then an official letter through the actual mail. I received an email exactly one week after my interview (Jan 13th) letting me know that I had been accepted. The next week, I received my official letter through the mail. It also contained information pertaining to immunizations, health clearance, etc. Good luck! :D

I recently interviewed with UCWV COP on 02/25. I really enjoyed hearing about the program and it was also really great to talk with some of the students and gauge their experience. Most everyone I spoke with said they get very individualized attention if needed and that is important to me. I am excited to hear back. Is there anyone else out there that interviewed on 02/25? How would you rate your experience?

I had a great experience at my interview! The faculty and staff were very nice. I interviewed with a faculty member and a practicing pharmacist. I was nervous at first, but the interview for me was very laid back, and we all even laughed a little at one point. The whole process was very organized and professional. I interviewed at another school before Charleston, and it was the complete opposite. The staff were unorganized and very unfriendly. It lasted of all ten minutes and it seemed like they were not all interested in what I had to offer. My friend who was accepted to Charleston said her interview went well too. Hopefully you will hear good news soon! Good luck!

I guess I am like a lot of other candidates at this point in the application cycle. I am continually checking my email and constantly checking sdn for updates from other students. I am trying to make a decision between my three top schools (ucwv is in this category) and before I can do that I have to know the committee's decision.
I interviewed on a Saturday and even though they said anywhere from 2-4 weeks I keep reading accounts of one week response times. Anyway, I guess I should just sit on my hands over the weekend. Tomorrow (March 3) is exactly one week since the interview. I guess it's pretty unlikely that they'll contact me on Sat.
It's kind of funny that I'm so consumed with recieving that email. There's just so much up in the air right now and I feel completely at the mercy of the committee. Anyway, I hope those that interviewed on Feb 25 will fill me in when their decisions roll in. Thanks!

has anyone who interviewed on Feb 18th heard anything yet? the anticipation is killing me!

I interviewed February 18th and I haven't heard anything yet. I've been stalking this thread for any sort of news.

I don't know if this sort of response time is normal or an anomaly, but I interviewed on February 17th and quickly received an acceptance email on February 25th, then got a formal packet in the mail a couple of days ago. UCSOP says that they will notify you of any decision that they make (accept, waitlist, decline) and that the process usually takes 2-4 weeks. :)

I don't know if this sort of response time is normal or an anomaly, but I interviewed on February 17th and quickly received an acceptance email on February 25th, then got a formal packet in the mail a couple of days ago. UCSOP says that they will notify you of any decision that they make (accept, waitlist, decline) and that the process usually takes 2-4 weeks. :)
Congrats! I remember them saying they will email you when your application goes to committee? Did I remember that right?? Did you receive an email before your acceptance email letting you know they were going to make a decision soon?

Congrats! I remember them saying they will email you when your application goes to committee? Did I remember that right?? Did you receive an email before your acceptance email letting you know they were going to make a decision soon?

Thanks! I didn't get any emails between the interview confirmation and the offer of acceptance. I recall hearing that they tell you when the admissions committee is going to look over your application, but I didn't get anything like that. I just came home one Saturday afternoon and there it was, the acceptance email.

Good luck to you, by the way :)

Congrats for all those who have been recently accepted and good luck to those who are still waiting! For those of you that have been recently accepted and who have Facebook, there has been a group set up for the Class of 2016 by current students so that we may get to know each other and for them to answer any questions we might have. Thanks!

hi everyone! i finally got an invite and am feeling a bagful of emotions from excitement :p nervousness :eek: and happiness :D all rolled into one. any tips? suggestions?

i saw a post or two about a writing component during the interview day, is that true? mainly because from the email i received regarding the interview, it only indicated a tour then individual interview.

also! do we have to stay after we are interviewed? is there some type of group thing at the end? i've got quite the drive after so i'm just trying to plan accordingly, thanks in advance!

hi everyone! i finally got an invite and am feeling a bagful of emotions from excitement :p nervousness :eek: and happiness :D all rolled into one. any tips? suggestions?

i saw a post or two about a writing component during the interview day, is that true? mainly because from the email i received regarding the interview, it only indicated a tour then individual interview.

also! do we have to stay after we are interviewed? is there some type of group thing at the end? i've got quite the drive after so i'm just trying to plan accordingly, thanks in advance!
There was no writing component in my interview day. It's a brief orientation followed by your interview slot. I'm not sure if they have an interview slot already picked out or if you are early you get earlier slot. I had a second interview slot 30 mins after the orientation. Then you can do a tour before or after your interview depending on your time and leave after your interview if you have no further questions. There was no group exercise.

I interviewed with UCWV COP on February 25th. The format was closed file with two interviewers. I am impressed with the program here and am still waiting to hear back. I was accepted to two other schools but they are both so expensive and have really large class sizes. Class size, cost, and enthusiasm of students already in the program factored heavily into my decision. Anyway, if anyone from my interview day, 02/25, has heard back please let me know. I am worried that a yes decision is less likely as more time goes by. Good luck to everyone!:xf:

i was hoping to scope out some apartments while in town for my interview just in case. mainly because i've got a several hour drive between my present residence and the campus, any suggestions? :cool:

Roxalana Apartments, Chesterfield Apartments, Kanawha Village Apartments (better off just going there instead of calling), Imperial Towers (pricy), and a few others I can't think of right now. Most students (and even some professors) live up at the Roxalana Apartments. They're a bit further away from campus, but they have great amenities and prices are fair.

Interviewing this Saturday! Really excited

In!!! Anyone else from mar 24 interview hear back yet?

Congrats!! I was wait listed : ( Hopefully some people give up their seats :xf:
Hey FBZ28, I was waitlisted about three weeks ago but found out early last week that I was given a spot! Don't loose hope :)

Hey FBZ28, I was waitlisted about three weeks ago but found out early last week that I was given a spot! Don't loose hope :)

Wow!! Did they tell you what ranking you were? I had asked Stacie G., but she said that they wouldn't know until after 4/11 which is the deadline for all to accept a spot on the waitlist.

No, I wasn't told my ranking at all, I just replied and said to hold my spot on the waitlist and then two weeks later got the email I was in! But I actually just got into the school of my choice so I will be giving up my spot! Good luck to you :)

Wow!! Did they tell you what ranking you were? I had asked Stacie G., but she said that they wouldn't know until after 4/11 which is the deadline for all to accept a spot on the waitlist.

No, I wasn't told my ranking at all, I just replied and said to hold my spot on the waitlist and then two weeks later got the email I was in! But I actually just got into the school of my choice so I will be giving up my spot! Good luck to you :)

Thanks IDREAMOFPHARM!! Congrats on getting into your first choice school!

Would anybody know how big the waitlist is or maybe a general idea based on previous years?

Found out this morning that I'm in!!! Today is a good day!

Can anyone let me know the stats of those who were accepted, please? :) I'm from KY and would love to stay fairly local.

Can anyone let me know the stats of those who were accepted, please? :) I'm from KY and would love to stay fairly local.
I was accepted here with a 73 pcat, 3.2 cum, 3.2 science gpa, bachelors degree and 2+ years of pharmacy tech experience, but gave up my spot in favor for my number 1 choice! Good luck though! :)

Hello everyone!
I have already applied to University of Charleston this year and I have been wait listed!!!! :( this is my second choice and I would really love to get in considering that I haven't heard anything from my first choice. I was told that I'm in the top ten on the wait list. I was hoping that anyone who had a similar situation could share their experience with me. Do you think it's likely that I will be able to squeeze in there? I'm so nervous!!!