University of Charleston School of Pharmacy is a SCAM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmacyregret

Reaction score
I graduated from this program 2 years ago and going there was the biggest regret of my life. I don’t even know where to start on how corrupt this school and faculty is. Administration does not have your back for any incident that occurs to you and if you just come late to class and get reported, you will be at risk for getting kicked out of the program, regardless if you are a 4.0 student. I have friends who got kicked out mid semester because they were 1 minute late to class. I have friends that failed a class by .1% and had to repeat the year, EVEN THOUGH the school stated they would allow remediation classes in summer or a final exam to give you another chance. They lie about everything during the interviews and orientation. The school just recently fired the assistant dean and the Dean quit because they know this program is going under. You have been warned

Members don't see this ad.

I graduated from this program 2 years ago and going there was the biggest regret of my life. I don’t even know where to start on how corrupt this school and faculty is. Administration does not have your back for any incident that occurs to you and if you just come late to class and get reported, you will be at risk for getting kicked out of the program, regardless if you are a 4.0 student. I have friends who got kicked out mid semester because they were 1 minute late to class. I have friends that failed a class by .1% and had to repeat the year, EVEN THOUGH the school stated they would allow remediation classes in summer or a final exam to give you another chance. They lie about everything during the interviews and orientation. The school just recently fired the assistant dean and the Dean quit because they know this program is going under. You have been warned
My opinion is that every pharmacy school is a scam — the “good” ones are just smarter at cheating and better at not getting caught. I went to a “top ten” school and boy, was the cheating rampant. Scores of students share google docs with questions/answers from old exams. Homeworks, quizzes, notes, whatever you want for any class— you got it. And guess who fosters this type of culture? The faculty, of course.

Scary to think that many of my classmates go on to become faculty at pharmacy schools. It’s no wonder that pharmacy school faculty have no morals or ethics.

My opinion is that every pharmacy school is a scam — the “good” ones are just smarter at cheating and better at not getting caught. I went to a “top ten” school and boy, was the cheating rampant. Scores of students share google docs with questions/answers from old exams. Homeworks, quizzes, notes, whatever you want for any class— you got it. And guess who fosters this type of culture? The faculty, of course.

Scary to think that many of my classmates go on to become faculty at pharmacy schools. It’s no wonder that pharmacy school faculty have no morals or ethics.
I agree with you. 70% of my classmates would be studying google docs passed down an hour before the exam and Ace it. It was BS considering I would actually try and learn the material. The old dean of this school encouraged workshops where the older classman would tutor the P1s and P2s with older material. The system they had running there was so unethical just to get good passing rates and show incoming students that they were very successful. All a business.

Last edited: