University of Arizona - Tucson Class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there any medical student interested in selling off USMLE materials in Arizona? Any medical student in University of Arizona knows how i can get USMLE materials from the school?

Members don't see this ad.

Gilbert, the school doesn't have any specific USMLE materials to give. Do you mean review books and like? People just go out and purchase those themselves, there's not university based study books. Tons of people always selling their old study materials though...

So to all of you class of 2012-ers , are you coming to the welcome party the 2nd years are putting on for you at Gentle Bens on the 2nd?

Is there any medical student interested in selling off USMLE materials in Arizona? Any medical student in University of Arizona knows how i can get USMLE materials from the school?

So to all of you class of 2012-ers , are you coming to the welcome party the 2nd years are putting on for you at Gentle Bens on the 2nd?

Is it fun, and is there free food or frosty beverages? Cause if so...yeah!

What's gentle bens btw?

Members don't see this ad :)
Fo Sho'! Gentle Ben's is one of my favorite restaurants, its on University next to Urban outfitters. They have the best fries....yummmmm.

I am getting sooooo excited, and slightly terrified.

And also to the class of 2012 ---Hoorah! ;-)

There are some events that are going on, monday at frog and ferkin and thursday at omalleys.... Check out on facebook!

And bbq I totally love gentle bens and will be there!

PS Its on university half way between park and euclid next door to the mariott and urban outfitters.

Oops sorry Mander I didnt see your post with directions as well.

Last edited:
Ahhhh, well. All these first year bonding events coming up and I know what's next.... that's the end of it for bbq. She's gonna have to stick with the weirdos in her own class for friends (jk.... wait, no, i'm not kidding, we're all really strange) and no one will want to come over for a bbq anymore or play ping-pong with her in the student lounge during lunch (you all know you'll get really good at either ping pong or foos ball this upcoming year, right?) *Sigh* I suppose this is the way of the world.:scared:

And yes, of course Gentle Ben's will be fun! It's a really nice way to meet a big chunk of the 2nd year class and get to shoot the breeze. I remember a lot of panicked questioning going on, too... ;) Get a couple drinks in any of us and we'll tell you whatever insider information we've got. Actually, with me it'll only take half a drink, I'm a light weight.

There are some events that are going on, monday at frog and ferkin and thursday at omalleys.... Check out on facebook!

PS Its on university half way between park and euclid next door to the mariott and urban outfitters.

Oops sorry Mander I didnt see your post with directions as well.

I won't be back yet for the Monday get together, but I'm def heading to O'Malleys! And going to Gentle Bens on Sat. Is that the one where you go upstairs and theres a little dance floor? I've gone out in Tucson a few times, but I don't remember where.

BTW, I was wondering how the going out/ transportation issue is in Tucson. Epecially for those that down live near 4th ave. What does everyone usually do?

Lots and lots to do down on fourth. Nice to poke around in all the weird stores and vintage shops during the day if you're ever bored (ha. ha. its funny because free time ceases to exist in a few days... ;-D )Good live music if you can scope it out. A huge blues music scene, you can find something playing about 5 of 7 nights a week in either the 4th area or downtown near congress (eat at the grill if you're down there, 24 hrs, good tater tots, just don't ask for them with cheese)- highly recommend going to a Tom Walbank show when one comes around , also Bad New Blues. I will also shamelessly plug what I think is a lovely swing dancing scene of which I am a part ... so if you like that sort of thing, i'm going to be taking a big group of med students to one of the first dances of the year at the end of august if you'd like to come along (that goes for any of you) let me know. Lets see, sunday nights there is a good irish musician jam session from 4-7 at the Auld Dubliner on University (free which is good since we're all broke + a guinness.. which is also free, but only if you join the group and play) who can beat it, but I'm also swayed by good free beer.... :laugh:

I won't be back yet for the Monday get together, but I'm def heading to O'Malleys! And going to Gentle Bens on Sat. Is that the one where you go upstairs and theres a little dance floor? I've gone out in Tucson a few times, but I don't remember where.

BTW, I was wondering how the going out/ transportation issue is in Tucson. Epecially for those that down live near 4th ave. What does everyone usually do?

Well I know that most of the bridge students are planning to skip monday but almost all of us will be ready to party on thursday! So there may be quite a few more students at the thursday event. :D