University of Arizona Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hang in there Indy. I'm still pulling for you. Nonlocality Cali is going well and we just went to the water park today and I got burnt like crazy.

Members don't see this ad.

Way to go hereicome or should we rename you Redman.

nonlocality

Currently I have yet to make any year off plans and the UA really is my top choice medical school so I am praying that I do not have to spend another year reapplying! The fact that 113 students have already signed up for classes makes me uneasy in that it may indicate that many students are set on attending UA Med and are unlikely to switch to another school even if an opportunity presents itself.

I don't think there has ever been a time where I have wanted something as much as attending this medical school next year. I am trying to stay as optimistic as possible but the fact that it has been one month of no movement and that classes begin in just around three weeks is certainly not reassuring. Has there ever been a time where the waitlist has not even moved one spot in so long!? I have not gone about applying again this year as I felt fairly comfortable with my waitlist position but I am really hoping that decision does not end up being a HUGE mistake.

As always I continue to keep my fingers crossed and really hope to be there next year with all of you. Hope everyone is enjoying the summer so far! :) :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Praying is a good idea, it will likely get you to your goal with your sanity intact.

Though I believe it is very likely you will get an offer soon, if it were me I would be feverishly working on my Plan B. At the very least getting my app and transcripts submitted - ensuring that my app is much improved over last year. That is minimal in cost and if you need to redo mcat at least signing up for an early/mid august test date.

As for the 113/112 people who have signed up for first year classes, I do not believe that signals commitment. Now if they have already paid the tuition/fees without the opportunity for refund, that would signal a serious commitment.

Another factoid for you, there are 115 email addresses on the first year list. So the expectation is that there should be at least 115 signed up for each class.

So why not?

Because this is the time when people make their final deferment/financial decisions. So there is a reasonable expectation for further waitlist movement.

Hopefully folks who have previously been posting will chime in with their empathy/support for you.

And for whomever winds up being the last one off, even if it is day before/of/after class starts. If you need a place to stay for a couple of weeks while you work out something more permanent I am sure we can get someone to step up and help you. So don't worry about it.

nonlocality

Last edited:
INDY IS IN!!! #49 has been accepted!

Did you get the call Indy?! If so, congrats!!! I knew you would be in!

Anyone else not come to grips that we start in little over 3 weeks? Im either super excited or SUPER nervous, but it still hasn't "hit me" I will be studying medicine in less than a month...AHHH!!!

Super excited to meet you guys and glad that it looks like we will have a supportive and outgoing class to lean on!

Seriously if Indy made it in why the hell hasn't he posted here yet. Lol it's the only reason I'm checking this damn thing anyway. If the rumors are true then congratz Indy I'm excited to meet you and all the other peeps. Wow 3 weeks till school. I'm scared. What if I lose my memory before then? What if I mix up the ulna and radius and can't ever get them correct again? What if I'm too ugly and they kick me out?

Hey guys, sorry for the late post but I am out of the country and there is a major time difference! Thank you guys so much for all of the support and help through this entire process, I could not be more thrilled to be starting medical school in the next three weeks with everyone!

I look forward to meeting all of you guys at orientation and during the first week. Good luck to #50...hopefully your wait will be much much shorter. This really is the best day ever :)

Congrats to indy, I am sure that the last month felt something like dying in slow motion.

Wannabemedstud might be the next one up.

I still think there will probably be 1-2 more seats open up in the next 2-3 weeks. So those in the low 50's you might want to stay close to your phone.

If it gets down to the last few days the adcoms may just try to contact you a couple of times and if they don't reach you they will likely move on to the next.

Hereicome, you are just killing me ......

nonlocality

Indy, I am so happy for you!

First year classes are currently populated at 115 students.

I still think we are likely to see 1-2 more seats open up before classes formally begin.

Most likely the waitlist folks in the 50's are working their other commitments, so it is hard to know how quickly the move through the waitlist will go to fill those possible seats. Last year, in the few days before classes began, they blew through four waitlisters to fill one seat.

Sorry sunny1, it might be a long-shot for you (though not impossible).

nonlocality

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats Indy, that's awesome! Enjoy one of the best weeks of your life.

I still have all my money on a final number of 52. :cool:

It would be appreciated if those waitlisted in the 50's who are following this thread, post and let us know if you have firm commitments elsewhere.

I think one of them is wannabemedstud who is in the 50's and will be attending Phx.

Would anyone else like to share, it might help sunny1 better understand her position.

nonlocality

Hey everyone, I know its been about forever since I've posted lol congrats Indy and everyone who got in!! Just wanted to let you all know I am going to stay with the Phx campus even if I get in (I'm 52 on the waitlist), so I'll call Tucson and let them know to get the WL movement going a little quicker (if they get to my number) .. good luck to all you in the low 50's!! Can you believe we're going to be MS1's in 3 weeks? AHH :D:D:D

(I'm 52 on the waitlist), so I'll call Tucson and let them know

D'oh. I was 100% sure it'd end on 52. But that's good news for those >52 at least on the Tucson side at least.

Also, on the phx side of things there are 45 of us who have posted 'who we are' on a google docs page. So, there could potentially be up to 3 more spot movements by then on our side (or else we just have some lazy ones on our side, haha).

As of today, through 51.

:cry:

you know, I will forever second guess myself on the difference between 51 and 60.

Alas!

If madevans was #64 and he was accepted to two different schools than the difference between 51 and 60 is just opinion - nothing quantitative.

Good luck on your next application cycle sunny1.

The departure of Dr. Leadem likely represents a serious philosophical change in the qualities of those people to be chosen by the tucson med school for next year.

So people on this year's waitlist are likely not representative of next year's picks.

In a prior post I suggested that the tucson school was following an arizona student optimization approach - an approach that I whole heartily agreed with.

The obvious intention of this change is to raise the perceived quality of those attending by reaching outside the state for students to fill up to 25% of the seats.

Selecting up to 25% of students from out of state (OOS) will make this one of the most attractive schools for OOS students to apply to. Something that OOS look hard at in building a list of schools for their applications. Expect the total number of applications next year to at least double.

After all why state on the med school web site "as much as 25 percent of the incoming first-year class"? Why quantify it, why not just say well qualified out of state applicants will be considered? They are purposely inviting a feeding frenzy.

To realize that intention the expectation is that the quantitative measurements of those 25% chosen would be substantially higher than those previously accepted. Thus I believe this will have the greatest effect upon the competitiveness of those on the waitlist, since about 35% (51 * 80% yield rate so say 40/115) of the seats are currently filled off of the waitlist.

This new OOS approach will also have the effect of reducing the number of students that will be pulled off of the waitlist. The yield rate of primary offers will likely go up substantially.

I also expect the current humane approach to waitlister's will go opaque next year. What happens if two OOS students need to be replaced by waitlisters, do you just go down the wailtist and pull the first two off? Likely not. There will probably be an OOS waitlist and an in-state waitlist, so to prevent hurt feelings that whole process would need to be hidden.

What can be measured will be measured. MCAT scores, GPAs, the rank of your university – all these things make the choosers feel better about the raw material they have selected. But how do you measure the heart of an athlete, their competitiveness? How do you measure the empathy of a med school candidate? Some things, perhaps the most important things can not be measured.

nonlocality

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I was hoping for some advice about UA for those who have been through the process (by the way CONGRATS to the class of 2013!!!)

I graduated from NAU with a very high GPA, and am now finishing a Master's degree at Purdue also with a high GPA. I am applying to UA med school for the applicant class of 2010, but I hear that MCAT is weighed very heavily in the application process...:confused:

Any thoughts on this from those who have been through the process?!? I have a well-rounded application (but I don't really know what the ADCOM will consider well-rounded), but I am predicting a lower than avg MCAT score in August when I take the exam.

Any tips/advice would be MUCH appreciated!! Thank you!

In the past the MCAT was weighted relatively little believe it or not. But UofA has a new philosophy now, and they are accepting OOS for the first time, so nobody knows for sure what exactly they're looking for yet.

If madevans was #65 and he was accepted to two different schools than the difference between 51 and 60 is just opinion - nothing quantitative.

Good luck on your next application cycle sunny1.

The departure of Dr. Leadem likely represents a serious philosophical change in the qualities of those people to be chosen by the tucson med school for next year.

So people on this year's waitlist are likely not representative of next year's picks.

In a prior post I suggested that the tucson school was following an arizona student optimization approach - an approach that I whole heartily agreed with.

The obvious intention of this change is to raise the perceived quality of those attending by reaching outside the state for students to fill up to 25% of the seats.

Selecting up to 25% of students from out of state (OOS) will make this one of the most attractive schools for OOS students to apply to. Something that OOS look hard at in building a list of schools for their applications. Expect the total number of applications next year to at least double.

To realize that intention the expectation is that the quantitative measurements of those 25% chosen would be substantially higher than those previously accepted. Thus I believe this will have the greatest effect upon the competitiveness of those on the waitlist, since about 35% (51 * 80% yield rate so say 40/115) of the seats are currently filled off of the waitlist.

This new OOS approach will also have the effect of reducing the number of students that will be pulled off of the waitlist. The yield rate of primary offers will likely go up substantially.

I also expect the current humane approach to waitlister's will go opaque next year. What happens if two OOS students need to be replaced by waitlisters, do you just go down the wailtist and pull the first two off? Likely not. There will probably be an OOS waitlist and an in-state waitlist, so to prevent hurt feelings that whole process would need to be hidden.

nonlocality

Actually, med schools often receive applications in the thousands. So, I would expect it to quadruple. If 600 is for one state, can you imagine what is going to happen. And for the post above, I almost spit juice on my keyboard. UA accepts the lowest MCAT's EVER. If you get a 25 or higher, you should apply. Seriously, UA looks much further than the MCAT.

Sunny....that crying smiley is so sad. You will definitely make it next year...oh, I mean this year, apps are due right now. Wow, time flies.

Thanks a lot!!! I am taking the MCAT August 21st... so I will find out on September 22nd if my score is competitive enough.. wish me luck!! :idea:

If you are from out of state applying to our arizona med school please forgive this rant, it is dedicated to future in-state med school applicants.

Unfortunately someone in a position of authority has deemed that you, as arizona residents, are not as qualified as out of state students (OOS). Consequently, for the first time, up to 25% of this year's med school seats will be taken away from you.

Of course that is not just a judgment about you and your abilities it is also a judgment about the quality of the schools and universities of which you are a product. I guess with the phoenix campus expanding and the number of med school seats growing, there is just not enough good arizona candidates - not now and not for the future.

After all, you may have graduated from the UofA in the top 5% of your class, summa cum laude and with honors, performed 600 hours of volunteer medical work but (wringing hands) there is not much we can do with you. In fact the recent low usmle board scores even seem to suggest, that you might be stupid! Now I am sure those scores had nothing to do with the new curriculum or the instruction, it more likely had to do with the quality of arizona water you were drinking (those who scored higher were probably drinking bottled water).

Consequently, you need to make way for those from other states who have not invested enough in their medical schools to support their resident's needs. Take california for example, they are fun to pick on. With a population of 36 million people they have about 695 state med school seats (for each class). That is roughly one seat per 52,000 residents. Looking at arizona we have about 160 med school seats and a population of about 6.5 million people so that is one seat per 41,000 people.

Now for your class, make that 120 med school seats (up to 40 go to OOS students) so that is one seat per 54,000 people. I am happy to report to you (cheering) that we will now exceed the california standard for meager med school support.

Oh and I can hear their argument, that those OOS student will bring in higher tuition and thus more money. Well I would be surprised if your in-state med school tuition covers more than 10% of the true cost of your education. After all the infrastructure and teaching costs for educating about 570 current arizona med school students is enormous. So let's say you pay about 10% and the taxpayers pick up the other 90%, good deal for you right? Now the OOS students, well we will charge them twice as much as you, yeah that is more money but... In their case our state is picking up 80% of their true educational costs. I wonder how the arizona taxpayers would feel about that if they knew. But who knows, perhaps maybe one or two of those OOS students might decide to stay here and practice medicine - great value.

As former secretary of state colin powell said recently about the arrest of harvard professor gates, perhaps "some adult supervision" needed to step in - that is what I recommend here.

On to the next, good luck to all you applicants for the UofA COM class of 2014.

nonlocality

Unfortunately someone in a position of authority has deemed that you, as arizona residents, are not as qualified as out of state students (OOS). Consequently, for the first time, up to 25% of this year's med school seats will be taken away from you.

I don't think this had anything to do with the school not caring about Arizona residents or considering them unqualified. In fact, if you actually think about their position, it's really understandable. I remember being very surprised when I got my waitlist email that only 486 students were applicants - that's a ridiculously low number of applicants for a medical school.

In fact, think of it this way:

115 original acceptances + 51 acceptances off the post-March waitlist + unknown number of acceptances which were declined by students before mid-March = over 200 acceptances given out total for Tucson campus

If you see it that way, just under or over 50% of people who applied to UA Tucson were given an acceptance (either directly or through the waitlist). I don't know any other medical school in the country with those kinds of acceptance odds. So it makes sense that they'd want to open up applications to more students to 'diversify' their class - to improve UACOM's reputation as a high caliber competitive-entry medical school.

And yes, it does hurt for myself and other students who had UA as our top choice school and didn't quite make it off the waitlist (I was mid-70s, though fortunate to have been accepted to the DO schools in Phoenix). But as much as it blows for us, I understand where the school is coming from.

Last edited:
I respect your point of view rkaz.

But does the mere number of applicants necessarily imply that some/all are poor candidates to select from?

I am sure that you think of yourself as a worthy UofA COM med school candidate/student, don't you? I would not doubt that you are.

Does a person pulled late off of the waitlist who attends UofA COM and then does not achieve top board scores, will they likely be a poor medical doctor practicing in this state? How can that judgment be made a priori, before they complete their med school education? Or are these people destined by karma to low board scores by virtue of someone deeming them to be ONLY late waitlist quality? Did wake forest and the phx school make a mistake in offering madevans a seat while tucson had him at #64? Do the tucson adcoms make superior judgments? Are low mcat/gpa scores so perfect a predictor of usmle scores that we can know a priori that these folks will do poorly - where is that science?

But this is about the taxpayers of arizona heavily subsidizing the med school education of people who will very likely not practice in this state. And not pay for those who likely will, thus depriving the state of meeting its ever-growing need for medical doctors.

Growing the number of doctors in this state is a critical issue that is being backed by state funds to support the growth of the phx and tucson sites. How are training doctors from other states, who leave and go back to practice in their home states help to mitigate our critical shortage?

Let's see what this really means by making some reasonable assumptions, that:
1. 25% of this year's tucson seats went to out of state (OOS) students
2. That there were two different waitlists one for OOS and one for in state. The OOS list supported keeping the 25% OOS number
3. Assume my normal 65% yield off of direct in state offers and 80% off of in state waitlist offers

Question, what would be the effect upon the number of tucson waitlisters pulled off of this years list?

So roughly 28 of 115 tucson seats will go to OOS students leaving 87 in state seats.

First off the 28 in state people who just lost their direct offers to OSS students are now pushed on to the waitlist ahead of those presently assigned. So the previous #1 waitlister is now #29.

Using my assumption of a 65% direct yield means that about 57 actually go on to attend leaving 30 seats to be filled by in state waitlisters. With an 80% yield on waitlist offers then about 38 (30/0.8) were made.

The net effect is that from this year's waitlist only 10 were offered (28 applicants from this year's primary offers were pushed ahead of this year's waitlist).

Are we to believe that numbers 11-51 on this year's waitlist are not worthy med school students? Sorry but you just lost your seat to an OOS student, how does that feel? What do those students say about that?

But it gets worse. I mentioned that the yield numbers would go up due to a second-order effect. That is there will be a much more reduced dynamic of people moving off of tucson to go to phx and the converse. Since the availability of both those seats is lessened by OOS students. So redo those numbers with slightly different yield rates of 70% direct and 85% waitlist (there is a third-order effect that will likely drive these yields even higher).

SHOCKINGLY you get only 3 people taken off of this year's tucson waitlist. That means that the primary offers from this year barely made it in.

I am sorry - is someone in authority willing to standup and tell me that ONLY 118 students who applied this year are worthy of getting into UofA COM tucson? Is someone willing to tell me, with a straight face, that they can not take students from the top 10% of our universities and train them up to do VERY well on their usmle scores? That is the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard - that is why we need some adult supervision.

nonlocality

Last edited:
I respect your point of view rkaz.

But does the mere number of applicants necessarily imply that some/all are poor candidates to select from?

I am sure that you think of yourself as a worthy UofA COM med school candidate/student, don't you? I would not doubt that you are.

Does a person pulled late off of the waitlist who attends UofA COM and then does not achieve top board scores, will they likely be a poor medical doctor practicing in this state? How can that judgment be made a priori, before they complete their med school education? Or are these people destined by karma to low board scores by virtue of someone deeming them to be ONLY late waitlist quality? Did wake forest and the phx school make a mistake in offering madevans a seat while tucson had him at #64? Do the tucson adcoms make superior judgments? Are low mcat/gpa scores so perfect a predictor of usmle scores that we can know a priori that these folks will do poorly - where is that science?

But this is about the taxpayers of arizona heavily subsidizing the med school education of people who will very likely not practice in this state. And not pay for those who likely will, thus depriving the state of meeting its ever-growing need for medical doctors.

Growing the number of doctors in this state is a critical issue that is being backed by state funds to support the growth of the phx and tucson sites. How are training doctors from other states, who leave and go back to practice in their home states help to mitigate our critical shortage?

Let's see what this really means by making some reasonable assumptions, that:
1. 25% of this year's tucson seats went to out of state (OOS) students
2. That there were two different waitlists one for OOS and one for in state. The OOS list supported keeping the 25% OOS number
3. Assume my normal 65% yield off of direct in state offers and 80% off of in state waitlist offers

Question, what would be the effect upon the number of tucson waitlisters pulled off of this years list?

So roughly 28 of 115 tucson seats will go to OOS students leaving 87 in state seats.

First off the 28 in state people who just lost their direct offers to OSS students are now pushed on to the waitlist ahead of those presently assigned. So the previous #1 waitlister is now #29.

Using my assumption of a 65% direct yield means that about 57 actually go on to attend leaving 30 seats to be filled by in state waitlisters. With an 80% yield on waitlist offers then about 38 (30/0.8) were made.

The net effect is that from this year's waitlist only 10 were offered (28 applicants from this year's primary offers were pushed ahead of this year's waitlist).

Are we to believe that numbers 11-51 on this year's waitlist are not worthy med school students? Sorry but you just lost your seat to an OOS student, how does that feel? What do those students say about that?

But it gets worse. I mentioned that the yield numbers would go up due to a second-order effect. That is there will be a much more reduced dynamic of people moving off of tucson to go to phx and the converse. Since the availability of both those seats is lessened by OOS students. So redo those numbers with slightly different yield rates of 70% direct and 85% waitlist (there is a third-order effect that will likely drive these yields even higher).

SHOCKINGLY you get only 3 people taken off of this year's tucson waitlist. That means that the primary offers from this year barely made it in.

I am sorry - is someone in authority willing to standup and tell me that ONLY 118 students who applied this year are worthy of getting into UofA COM tucson? Is someone willing to tell me, with a straight face, that they can not take students from the top 10% of our universities and train them up to do VERY well on their usmle scores? That is the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard - that is why we need some adult supervision.

nonlocality

Friend, don't spend too much time thinking of that which you have no control.

Think of solutions. There are other Allo's, D.O.'s, and other options. Become the best you can be and persevere, then success is guaranteed.

I doubt that the Az taxpayers would care about this that much even if they did know. What you're saying is likely true but I say... SO WHAT? What can you do about it?

Work your game, U of A COM will do as it pleases.

A wise man once said, "it is what it is." Then he went to work to become the best.

Or are these people destined by karma to low board scores by virtue of someone deeming them to be ONLY late waitlist quality? Did wake forest and the phx school make a mistake in offering madevans a seat while tucson had him at #64? Do the tucson adcoms make superior judgments? Are low mcat/gpa scores so perfect a predictor of usmle scores that we can know a priori that these folks will do poorly?

The u of a can no longer depend on the federal government to value higher education as paramount as it once did. In the face of this recession, money has been pumped away from the school and into other failing markets. It seems like a money thing to me... at least primarily.

Will OOS students' extra tuition allow the phx campus to expand as early as we'd like it to (which would definitely increase the number of practicing physicians here in az)? Probably not. But in the mean time it may allow us to hang on to a few of the great faculty we have while we sit here and hope that this recession will pass. I don't know... maybe I'm wrong.

But I do agree with you that if it was to increase applicant quality then that was a huge disservice to the problem of physician shortage here in az. But perhaps they will select primarily select students from states with more dire shortages of physicians than ours. Who knows.

And to answer your quoted question, tucson made the biggest mistake of their entire applicant cycle history. I am so smrt it's a travistee that they didn't except me off there weight list.

The process is not perfect nonlocality. You're trying to apply quantitative analysis to a process that is mostly qualitative, a little quantitative, and the rest a total crap shoot.

By the way... on orientation day Tara called me out during her first speech when she was talking about this past cycle. "We've really enjoyed watching the conversation on SDN, especially the most frequent poster madevans who is sitting right there. Go on, stand up and introduce yourself Matt." Hahahaha. How embarrassing.

What a vocabulary, "travistee" and "weight list", plus a celebrity and a med student to.

Yeah, I hope that was a deep bow you took met by massive applause.

I am lovin it ..... all the best, madevans.

nonlocality

The u of a can no longer depend on the federal government to value higher education as paramount as it once did. In the face of this recession, money has been pumped away from the school and into other failing markets. It seems like a money thing to me... at least primarily.

Will OOS students' extra tuition allow the phx campus to expand as early as we'd like it to (which would definitely increase the number of practicing physicians here in az)? Probably not. But in the mean time it may allow us to hang on to a few of the great faculty we have while we sit here and hope that this recession will pass. I don't know... maybe I'm wrong.

But I do agree with you that if it was to increase applicant quality then that was a huge disservice to the problem of physician shortage here in az. But perhaps they will select primarily select students from states with more dire shortages of physicians than ours. Who knows.

And to answer your quoted question, tucson made the biggest mistake of their entire applicant cycle history. I am so smrt it's a travistee that they didn't except me off there weight list.

The process is not perfect nonlocality. You're trying to apply quantitative analysis to a process that is mostly qualitative, a little quantitative, and the rest a total crap shoot.

By the way... on orientation day Tara called me out during her first speech when she was talking about this past cycle. "We've really enjoyed watching the conversation on SDN, especially the most frequent poster madevans who is sitting right there. Go on, stand up and introduce yourself Matt." Hahahaha. How embarrassing.

Funny

So I've kinda removed myself from this forum for a few months as I figured the only thing more depressing than getting straight up rejected for the second straight year would be watching the waitlisters slow-roast over their status. Today I finally opened my AMCAS for 2010 (I had been waiting for my EMT certification) so I decided to come back to SDN. I'm seeing some stuff about OOS applicants being considered next year. I'm trying to take a different psychological approach this season and not think about me being one of a certain number of applicants, so I don't really care as long as I can still get an interview. Do we know if they are still gonna give us in-staters the automatic interview? If nobody knows I can ask tomorrow at my research meeting, since my RD has an office next to someone on the adcom.

Out of curiosity, what WL numbers did we actually get to? I'm too lazy to go back and figure it out. Congrats to all those who made it. Madevans, your story about Tara calling you out was great, although I must admit I am not at all suprised that they read this.

I'm trying to take a different psychological approach this season and not think about me being one of a certain number of applicants, so I don't really care as long as I can still get an interview.

I think that's a good approach. Don't worry about who you're up against but just worry about how best to sell yourself based on everything you've done.

I'd be interested in finding out what the final waitlist number was too... and I haven't heard anything about the interview policy though I figure it may change with so many more applicants.

I think the final waitlist number was either 50 or 51.

Anyway, I just wanted to post back here, as I am currently a medical student at AZCOM, the DO school in Phoenix. I know that myself and a few other of my classmates who participated on this thread were very disappointed to not get into the U of A med school this year. However, all of us are doing quite well at AZCOM and are much happier than we expected.... though we are LOADED with work! So I just wanted to encourage those of you who are reapplying to medical school this year to consider AZCOM, as it is a great option for being a medical student and staying in Arizona. Good luck to all of you applicants in the next application cycle, and for those of you fortunate to be medical students this year! :luck:

So I've kinda removed myself from this forum for a few months as I figured the only thing more depressing than getting straight up rejected for the second straight year would be watching the waitlisters slow-roast over their status. Today I finally opened my AMCAS for 2010 (I had been waiting for my EMT certification) so I decided to come back to SDN. I'm seeing some stuff about OOS applicants being considered next year. I'm trying to take a different psychological approach this season and not think about me being one of a certain number of applicants, so I don't really care as long as I can still get an interview. Do we know if they are still gonna give us in-staters the automatic interview? If nobody knows I can ask tomorrow at my research meeting, since my RD has an office next to someone on the adcom.

Out of curiosity, what WL numbers did we actually get to? I'm too lazy to go back and figure it out. Congrats to all those who made it. Madevans, your story about Tara calling you out was great, although I must admit I am not at all suprised that they read this.

Im pretty sure the auto-interviews are still going on. (Within 24 and 36 mcat apparently)

Final waitlist number for Fall 2009 matriculation was #55. So around ten behind 2008... must be due to rolling admissions.

Final waitlist number for Fall 2009 matriculation was #55. So around ten behind 2008... must be due to rolling admissions.

Thanks for posting this Indy. +/- 3 spots wasn't too bad for my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.