University of Appalachia School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for this information, it really helped. I guess I have one more question to answer. damn!!!!!

Omoge do u go to JHB?

Members don't see this ad.

"I had trouble with this question too, when you first read it, it seems like if you agree with it, you shouldn't have to answer at all."

I thought the same thing pologirl but i just answered it anyway

im interested in applying to this school next year and i was just wondering what your stats were for those of you who have gotten interviews.... thanks!

dustin

Members don't see this ad :)
"I had trouble with this question too, when you first read it, it seems like if you agree with it, you shouldn't have to answer at all."

I thought the same thing pologirl but i just answered it anyway

how did you answer the question. i.e.....you agreed with it, and gave reasons why..................or you thought it wanted you to give alternatives, and you wrote it that way?

I'm just wondering, because if you look back, we kind of had trouble with the wording of the question. It seems it could go either way!!

Anyone else's input would be helpful!:idea:

how did you answer the question. i.e.....you agreed with it, and gave reasons why..................or you thought it wanted you to give alternatives, and you wrote it that way?

I'm just wondering, because if you look back, we kind of had trouble with the wording of the question. It seems it could go either way!!

Anyone else's input would be helpful!:idea:

I just agreed with it and explained why i would be able to participate. It is a poorly written question.

Does anyone that was invited for an interview live in the midwest? I am in MO.

hey, good luck to all of you who are interviewing today. hope things go well. for those of us on dec.16, im still looking for people to share a car rental/room to save money. anyone?

Hello:) I am scheduled for an interview for the 16th. Anybody want to carpool and share hotel? Let me know what time you flights are arriving so I can try to book mine around the same time. PM me!

Is it just me and azncheri goin to the interview dec 16? or are we the only ones flying in? trying to save as much money as possible! anyone at all? sounds like the last carpool for the dec.2 interview was hella fun....

Is it just me and azncheri goin to the interview dec 16? or are we the only ones flying in? trying to save as much money as possible! anyone at all? sounds like the last carpool for the dec.2 interview was hella fun....

Hey, I am going to fly in on the 15th, around 1:42pm. I have already rented a rental car. If you want a ride, pm me. By the way, my mom is going along to drive. Not yet 25, ya know. Almost.

Those of you that were invited for an interview, when did UACP receive your PharmCas app?

I'm just curious...out of all the people who interview for UASP...how many got accepted?? And out of the people accepted who will be attending?

I will be interviewing on Jan. 27th. I am a graduate from University of Iowa. I am flying/renting car-Is anyone interested in carpooling?

I am very new to this site...what does "bump" mean???

:)

Members don't see this ad :)
so ive gotten no news on whats going to happen on the interview day (the 23rd) anyone know when to be there? and whats the itinerary for the day? i have no idea.

I was wondering the same thing......are they going to post something on their website? I've looked but found nothing...they said it will be posted by midweek.....what does that mean?

actually, i called today and this woman named sherie baldwin (excuse me if i spelled her name wrong) told me they changed the whole thing and now you have to schedule an app with them. its not longer a whole day thing. anyone get the same answer?

OMG...they changed in the middle of the cycle?? Why can't they wait until next year to do that?

I think they are getting more and more applications, so they are making it harder for us, the ones that didn't apply early... :(

I'm confussed...what do you mean?

so whos interviewing on the 23rd?

Hi, I'm hoping more of us from SDN can meet up at Tri-City airport. I'm already in contact with shawr and considering the possibility of carpooling. Anybody reserved any room at the Grundy Comfort Inn yet? If someone is willing, I'll be glad to split the cost for a room, at least for Friday night. My flight leaves 6am on Sunday, so I'm still considering bunking another night or sleeping on those comfy old airport benches. If anyone's interested please email me: [email protected]

so the pharm school is in oakwood virginia. anyone know what county that is? when i search for it on mapquest, theres 4 different oakwoods!

I got asked to interview on feb. 17th....is anyone else going on that date??....

for those of you have were interviewed after December, do you think that they made it harder because we applied late?? Let me know what you though of the interview!!! Thanks

I got asked to interview on feb. 17th....is anyone else going on that date??....

for those of you have were interviewed after December, do you think that they made it harder because we applied late?? Let me know what you though of the interview!!! Thanks

When did you turn your application in and what are your stats? I turned mine in less than 2 weeks ago and still waiting to hear from them.

When did you turn your application in and what are your stats? I turned mine in less than 2 weeks ago and still waiting to hear from them.

I applied in the very end of December. My stats are low 3.0 gpa 66 pcat (i'm a first time applicant) I got an email for my interview on 2/1.

Hey..just ignore my PM :)

I just checked my bank and they cashed my check on Friday (2/2/07). My stat is not that good either. GPA is 3.2 and PCAT is 59%. Now I'm all nervous. I dont know if we should call them and ask how many they have accepted already.

I was just wondering if anyone who interviewed on 1/23 or 1/27 has heard anything?....or called to see if they had made their decision or sent letters....I know it is early but I remember them saying that they were going to have the meeting on Monday to decide and it would take 10 - 14 days.....please post if you hear anything.... Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back and to those who are interviewing or waiting to interview!

I was just wondering if anyone who interviewed on 1/23 or 1/27 has heard anything?....or called to see if they had made their decision or sent letters....I know it is early but I remember them saying that they were going to have the meeting on Monday to decide and it would take 10 - 14 days.....please post if you hear anything.... Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back and to those who are interviewing or waiting to interview!
My interview was on 1/23 but I still haven't heard anything. It will take about 2 weeks so we have one more week to wait.
Cherryblo, how was your interview? Do you like the school?
I decided not to go there after my visit to school and town.

My interview was on 1/23 but I still haven't heard anything. It will take about 2 weeks so we have one more week to wait.
Cherryblo, how was your interview? Do you like the school?
I decided not to go there after my visit to school and town.

How was the interview?? How many interviewers were there?? Were the interviewers nice and easy to talk to?? Please give me any other information that you have i'm so nervous for my interview and I want to be prepared!!!!!!!!

How was the interview?? How many interviewers were there?? Were the interviewers nice and easy to talk to?? Please give me any other information that you have i'm so nervous for my interview and I want to be prepared!!!!!!!!
The interview was relaxed. Just review all the questions on this site. You might be shocked by the town and school. The school is very small and the town is not developed at all. On my way back home, I got an accident because it was so dark and noone was there at dark. I was so scared.

I thought the interview was very relaxed and everyone is so nice! They provided breakfast and lunch. I would check out the interview feedback forum....I think that covers all the questions they might ask. Don't worry! I know the school isn't for everyone, but I actually really liked the school and wasn't all that surprised about the area, the town is very small...everyone knows eachother....I'm sure it takes some getting used to....students have to make their own fun. WHile I was there I did notice a lot of young people...the town is very small but ~400 students attend the law school there and the pharmacy school has ~120 students.

I just noticed on the PharmCas reference page for UACP it says that all pre-pharm credits must be finished on 6/1/2007.... my physics 2 class will not be done until 6/18/2007....does anybody think that this is going to be a problem. It clearly states on my pharmcas when I will be taking the class!!! ....i'm scared now- what if they take away my interview or don't admit me because of this??

Thank you so much!!! I was so worried!!!!!

I thought the interview was very relaxed and everyone is so nice! They provided breakfast and lunch. I would check out the interview feedback forum....I think that covers all the questions they might ask. Don't worry! I know the school isn't for everyone, but I actually really liked the school and wasn't all that surprised about the area, the town is very small...everyone knows eachother....I'm sure it takes some getting used to....students have to make their own fun. WHile I was there I did notice a lot of young people...the town is very small but ~400 students attend the law school there and the pharmacy school has ~120 students.

Since you seem to like this school, I hope you answer some questions for me 1.) can you tell me where the student housing is in relation to the school?
2.) How many other people were interviewing the same day you were?
3.) What is in the town (where to get food, entertainment etc.)
4.) How far was the airport from the school/ hotel - how long was the actual drive?
5.) Are you planning on going to UACP??

Since you seem to like this school, I hope you answer some questions for me 1.) can you tell me where the student housing is in relation to the school?
2.) How many other people were interviewing the same day you were?
3.) What is in the town (where to get food, entertainment etc.)
4.) How far was the airport from the school/ hotel - how long was the actual drive?
5.) Are you planning on going to UACP??

1) I know students live in many places...some live in apartments next to the school (maybe 5 apts) or in grundy and I also talked with p1 students who live in trailers.
2) I interviewed on 1/27 about 50 people were there....I think they have interviewed about 150 students so far.
3)There is not much in the town. They have a Mcdonalds, pizza hut, subway, long john silvers, dairy queen, grocery stores, comfort inn, many churches, a hospital, clinics, italian village and many other restaurants...and many coal mines and machinery inbetween....also, they are expecting to build a walmart....the mountains were really pretty
4) I drove to UACP from Baltimore and it took about 7 hours, but I've heard it takes 2 -2 1/2 hours from the airport.
5) If I get into UACP, I would go there because everyone is so friendly and I like the feeling of the a small community...everyone helping eachother. ALso, I liked the school and the program. There isn't much to do around there but it is a three year program and most the time will either be spent studying or doing the mandatory community service.

My interview was on 1/27 and I just got my acceptance letter in the mail today . The letter was dated on 2/1 so I guess that is when they mailed the letters.

My interview was on 1/27 and I just got my acceptance letter in the mail today . The letter was dated on 2/1 so I guess that is when they mailed the letters.

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?? Any advice for the interview I have mine 2/17...thanks!!!

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?? Any advice for the interview I have mine 2/17...thanks!!!

My GPA is 3.9 and my composite pcat score was a 70. My pcat score would have been higher if it wasn't for that stupid verbal ability (I hate word analogies). Also, I will have only completed 2yr of undergrad work by the time I start pharm school.

As for the interview, my only advice would be not to stress out about it. The interview is very relaxed and everyone at UACP is extremely nice.

Congrats rw24!! Where do you live...I just checked the mail and nothing:-(

are there any more interviews for uacp this month or maybe next month? or was 1/27 the last one? i know there were about 50 applicants there and at the time, almost half of the class was filled. also, does anyone know how often uacp has their admissions committee meetings? thanks!

What was your essay questions?? Do they use the same one for every interview??

I just received an acceptance letter but as I said I won't go there. I will call Vicky tomorrow and let her know that I will not attend there. So, one of those who are on waitlist will take my spot soon. Good luck.

i interviewed in january and i got a letter saying i was put on hold. i hope im accepted. this waiting is nuts. anyone know anything about the hold right now? how many people are on hold such and such? vicky told me they have admissions meetings every 2 weeks. so i guess ill have to wait another 2 weeks. if you dont mind me asking, those who were accepted, what are your stats? thanks

plus how long do people have to send in their deposits?

I interviewed on 1/27 and received an accpetance letter yesterday. UACP is not my first choice so I am waiting to hear from ohter schools before i make a decision.

Cheryyblo, did you interview on 1/27?

I haven't heard anything yet:( I don't know what to think, but someone told me that they just finished making the decisions yesterday because there were so many applications. Where are you from??...I'm from Maryland and I don't know if maybe that is why it is taking awhile.

Yes, I interviewed on 1/27 is there anyone else still waiting to hear back???

i interviewed in january and i got a letter saying i was put on hold. i hope im accepted. this waiting is nuts. anyone know anything about the hold right now? how many people are on hold such and such? vicky told me they have admissions meetings every 2 weeks. so i guess ill have to wait another 2 weeks. if you dont mind me asking, those who were accepted, what are your stats? thanks

plus how long do people have to send in their deposits?

What are your stats?? I called to ask about holds and how many people have been accepted and how many more they are looking for...they did not want to give any of this information out!!! I interview on 2/17 and I am really nervous so I wanted to know what my chances are...but no luck.
What are your stats if you don't mind me asking???

no information? what did they say exactly?

i live in CA