Universidad Central Del Caribe Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

karla05

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Helloo!!!
Congrats to those who have been accepted :p

Members don't see this ad.

yayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!
Clase 2014, aqui vamos!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I am interviewing on friday and Im really excited about it! I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise on what to expect. I really hope to get in so any info would be very much appreciated!

Hello golfer, the interview consists of two parts. First discuss a med related case in group. Then two doctors interview each candidate individually. The questions are simple, if you did some research, volunteer work and about yourself in general. Then they give you a tour of the university. Hopefully in a week and a half they will communicate if you were admitted or not.

P.D. My English is not very good ... :)

Thank you very much. I'm so nervous about the interview. I really hope I get in!

Good Luck! Stay calm and smiling. Everything will be fine:)

I recently interviewed at both UCC and SJB... I hope to have a response from both by the end of this month. I was wondering if anyone can give me their opinion/knowledge of each school. Also, which one would you go to and why?

Congrats to all those who have been accepted to UCC! :)

Hola companeras!! Acabo de recibir mi carta de admision!!! Tenemos que hacer un facebook group como habia sugerido karla!!!:p

I recently interviewed at both UCC and SJB... I hope to have a response from both by the end of this month. I was wondering if anyone can give me their opinion/knowledge of each school. Also, which one would you go to and why?

Congrats to all those who have been accepted to UCC! :)

Hi Roval! I can speak about UCC because I am finishing my masters degree in that school. The faculty is very nice and considerate with students, they also have good facilities and it is a very cozy place. I think that you would like it. Also, classes are given in spanish and/or english. Obviously, I would stay on UCC because I know people there and feel comfortable.

Hope you get soon the response!;)

Hola companeros,

I heard that a great option is for students to rent a multi-room apartment together and thus split the cost. Anyone interested? And more specifically, any ideas as to good locations?

Feel free to private message me if you wish.

Ciao

Hola companeros,

I heard that a great option is for students to rent a multi-room apartment together and thus split the cost. Anyone interested? And more specifically, any ideas as to good locations?

Feel free to private message me if you wish.

Ciao

Hola DrDre! Yo soy de Bayamon y te puedo dar algunas ideas. No se si estas familiarizado con el cuartel general de la policia que queda en La Lomita (Cerca de Bayamonte, un edificio super alto de apartamentos). Bueno pues en esa misma calle hay dos lugares donde hay apartamentos que te podrian interesar y quedan uno justo alfrente del otro. Uno se llama Colinas de Bayamon (edificios color peach y naranja) y el otro no recuerdo el nombre pero son color crema y la entrada se ve mas bonita. Tengo 3 amigos de la clase 2012 que viven en los de color crema y me dicen que el lugar esta de lo mas nice, ademas esta como a 2 minutos de la universidad o menos. Lo mas seguro consigues gente interesada en dividir los gatos de la renta. Exito con todos los tramites! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Muchisimas gracias Glory y Karla,

El website es excelente y he encontrado los apartamentos de las Colinas de Bayamon. Parecen que son bien cercas de la escuela y en lugar bien seguro. Como yo soy de los EE.UU. sera dificial para encontrar a tiempo gente con quien compartir un apartamento. Entonces, si ustedes estan interesadas a compartir un apartamento o conocen a alguien, por favor dejenme saber.

Gracias y hasta pronto :)

Muchisimas gracias Glory y Karla,

El website es excelente y he encontrado los apartamentos de las Colinas de Bayamon. Parecen que son bien cercas de la escuela y en lugar bien seguro. Como yo soy de los EE.UU. sera dificial para encontrar a tiempo gente con quien compartir un apartamento. Entonces, si ustedes estan interesadas a compartir un apartamento o conocen a alguien, por favor dejenme saber.

Gracias y hasta pronto :)

De nada!

Pues mira, hacer el fb seria buena idea para ir anadiendo gente y conocerla y de una vez puedes verificar si alguien necesita hospedaje. Casi siempre los non-residents van a necesitar y posiblemente hayan algunos 15 a 20 non-residents, asi que ahi tienes gente que podria compartir contigo. Por mi parte voy a ver si puedo hablar con los chicos de la clase 2012 a ver si necesitan algun roommate o saben sobre alguien que necesite roommate....exito con eso y nos veremos pronto.

El otro lugar que te digo se llama La Floresta....mira a ver que tal, si te agrada.....

El otro lugar que te digo se llama La Floresta....mira a ver que tal, si te agrada.....

La Floresta me gusta bien y $1000/mez compartido entre 3 personas no es malo!
Gracias para la sugerencia y para verificar con amigos si neceistan otra persona en su grupo para alquilar.

Con respecto al grupo de Facebook, no sera necesario que los nuevos estudiantes primero visiten esta pagina de Web? Como vamos a invitarlos si no sabemos quien son?

La Floresta me gusta bien y $1000/mez compartido entre 3 personas no es malo!
Gracias para la sugerencia y para verificar con amigos si neceistan otra persona en su grupo para alquilar.

Con respecto al grupo de Facebook, no sera necesario que los nuevos estudiantes primero visiten esta pagina de Web? Como vamos a invitarlos si no sabemos quien son?

Es muy cierto, primero es necesario que encuentren este thread para luego comenzar el grupo en fb, vamos a ver si a varios estudiantes que han sido aceptados les da con buscar paginas de internet de la clase de ucc 2014....

So, another question...

Since I'm looking to buy a car in P.R. I was wondering:

a.) Anything I should be aware of as a potential buyer? You know...sometimes people try to fool you when presenting a product by only being selectively truthful.

b.) What's the crime rate like? I'm referring to grand theft auto, breaking into a car, and vandalism. Cause maybe I should buy a lower-end/older car if this is a problem. Not that I'll buy a Mercedes anyways, lol

So, another question...

Since I'm looking to buy a car in P.R. I was wondering:

a.) Anything I should be aware of as a potential buyer? You know...sometimes people try to fool you when presenting a product by only being selectively truthful.

b.) What's the crime rate like? I'm referring to grand theft auto, breaking into a car, and vandalism. Cause maybe I should buy a lower-end/older car if this is a problem. Not that I'll buy a Mercedes anyways, lol

A) Well at the page that Karla posted (clasificadosonline.com) you could also find cars, just select the brand, year and range of money that you are willing to pay for it. Annotate the phone numbers of the sellers that you would like to communicate (so they can give you more information about the cars) and then you should go and see the car by yourself. If you get an apartment at Floresta or Colinas de Bayamon you could easily walk to the university....it will be just for a few days until you get the car you want.

B)Crime rate is very high, but considering that you will be most of the time studying or in your apartment you should not worry about that. You will see people with BMWs, Mercerdes and others but in my opinion a Toyota or Mazda should do fine for your needs lol

¡Hola! ¡Felicidades a todos los que han sido aceptados en la UCC! Me gustaria que crearan el grupo en facebook para poder mantenernos en comunicacion y ayudarnos unos a otros. Yo soy de Ponce y no conozco mucho de Bayamon. Espero poder conocerlos. :)

Hola a Todos!!!

La Clase 2014 de la Universidad Central del Caribe tiene su grupo al cual pueden unirse cuando gusten. No sabia que se estaban comunicando por aqui pero aprovecho la oportunidad para invitarlos a que se unan al Grupo de la Clase en Facebook donde podre al igual que los otros compa~eros ayudarlos en todo lo relacionado a Apartamentos, Orientaciones, Reuniones, etc...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10150151607570697

Felicidades!!!!!!

Hola a Todos!!!

La Clase 2014 de la Universidad Central del Caribe tiene su grupo al cual pueden unirse cuando gusten. No sabia que se estaban comunicando por aqui pero aprovecho la oportunidad para invitarlos a que se unan al Grupo de la Clase en Facebook donde podre al igual que los otros compa~eros ayudarlos en todo lo relacionado a Apartamentos, Orientaciones, Reuniones, etc...

Felicidades!!!!!!

Hola companer@! Hay otro grupo de fb de la clase, me gustaria ponerme de acuerdo contigo para ver con cual nos vamos a quedar. Espero hablemos pronto! Que pases buen dia!

Anyone received word regarding acceptances/rejections/waitlist that interviewed at UCC on Feb.26,2010?:idea:

Anyone received word regarding acceptances/rejections/waitlist that interviewed at UCC on Feb.26,2010?:idea:

I interviewed on March 1 and have yet to hear anything. The lady said the admission's committee was meeting on the 11th, so we should be getting letters soon!

I interviewed on March 1 and have yet to hear anything. The lady said the admission's committee was meeting on the 11th, so we should be getting letters soon!

I'd definitely say you will be hearing soon from them, just be patient, I was interviewd on Feb. 12 and got my acceptance letter on like March 5. I had to wait more or less like 19 days.

I interviewed on Feb 12. and still nothing. They told me and a few friends that interviewed afterward that they won't send any more letters until the last week of March. They have like 15 spaces left and are waiting for the one's that got accepted to say yes or no. This group of students have until the last week of March to answer. So they are waiting for them and then they will accept another big group. I think it may be like 25 students more.
I really liked this school so I hope I get in.

I interviewed on Feb 12. and still nothing. They told me and a few friends that interviewed afterward that they won't send any more letters until the last week of March. They have like 15 spaces left and are waiting for the one's that got accepted to say yes or no. This group of students have until the last week of March to answer. So they are waiting for them and then they will accept another big group. I think it may be like 25 students more.
I really liked this school so I hope I get in.

Maria did you interviewed in the morning or at 1pm? If it was at 1pm you were with me, if this is the case send me a private message to talk with you via msn or facebook.

Maria did you interviewed in the morning or at 1pm? If it was at 1pm you were with me, if this is the case send me a private message to talk with you via msn or facebook.

No, it was it the morning. But do you know anything about the acceptances?

No, it was it the morning. But do you know anything about the acceptances?

No hun, don't know anything about acceptances. It is weird that you have not received anything from them yet, since they say after the interview that they will mail within 2 weeks after interview.

On the other hand, UCC is not the only school that is doing this. SJB have interviewed people on Jan. and some don't know yet if they are in or not.

As for myself, Im still waiting RCM acceptance/rejection letter and I was interviewed on Jan. 21.....

Waiting sucks!!!

No hun, don't know anything about acceptances. It is weird that you have not received anything from them yet, since they say after the interview that they will mail within 2 weeks after interview.

On the other hand, UCC is not the only school that is doing this. SJB have interviewed people on Jan. and some don't know yet if they are in or not.

As for myself, Im still waiting RCM acceptance/rejection letter and I was interviewed on Jan. 21.....

Waiting sucks!!!

Well yes, that's what they told us. But then I called to know if I was getting a letter or not and they told me ( and two of my friends) that I had to wait for the next round because they hadn't evaluated my file yet. Supposedly they had accumulated to many files. As of RCM you are not the only one, another friend got an interview on Nov. an got waitlisted. And another got an interview last month and on two weeks got accepted. RCM has a weird way of accepting students. Still, don't lose hope because they are giving students until May 15 to say yes or no. So after that date many more spaces will be available. You should call and ask if you are waitlisted or what.

Well yes, that's what they told us. But then I called to know if I was getting a letter or not and they told me ( and two of my friends) that I had to wait for the next round because they hadn't evaluated my file yet. Supposedly they had accumulated to many files. As of RCM you are not the only one, another friend got an interview on Nov. an got waitlisted. And another got an interview last month and on two weeks got accepted. RCM has a weird way of accepting students. Still, don't lose hope because they are giving students until May 15 to say yes or no. So after that date many more spaces will be available. You should call and ask if you are waitlisted or what.

I'd say that we should wait patiently cause many people will change their mind on selecting a school. Thanks for the info and I really hope you get your acceptance letter soon! ;)

Y otra cosa, yo solamente recibi una carta--la carta de admisiones que decía que debemos pagar y que documentos debemos mandar. Pero desde entonces, no he recibido nada. Ustedes han recibido mas información? Me gustaría que ellos sean un poco mas comunicativos sobre el proceso... (Quizas es solamente mi mentalidad Americana ahora y despues de algunos anos voy a habituarme al ritmo de allá, lol)

Entonces, ahorita hay cuantos paginas de Facebook para UCC 2014? Cual de estos es la pagina oficial? :

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=394758041653

Esta es la pagina que termino siendo la oficial:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=394758041653

La otra pagina fue eliminada para evitar confusion.

Con respecto a la comunicacion de la UCC hacia los estudiantes, pues la realidad es que yo recibi exactamente lo mismo que tu y creo que a todos nos ha llegado lo mismo. Cuando te unas al grupo alli podemos discutir las dudas que tengamos.

Espero verte pronto en el grupo, have a good day!

Hello
I got accepted to both UCC and AUC, but I am not sure which one to attend. While UCC is accredited as a US medical school I was not impressed with the facilities nor the low USMLE 1 pass rate in comparison with AUC. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

All 4 Medicine Schools in Puerto Rico have low pass rate in the USMLE, like I said on another thread, that is related to the fact that our first language is Spanish and not English.

On the other hand, it is LCME accredited, and I can confirm this because other students and myself met with the committee that gives this credit to medicine schools..... I was representing by that time the masters program...now of course I will be a medicine doctorate student! :D

I do not know anything about AUC, but I dont think they have those credits.

But, like fredito said, if you perceive bad vibes about UCC, go with AUC if you feel that it will be a better school for you.

Also, by doing that, you will give your spot to someone that really wants to study medicine at UCC.

Last edited:
Just got accepted to UCC! My first choice over Ponce. Interviewed three weeks ago, got the letter in the mail today. Now how does housing work? I have heard of La floresta apartments. Do people just find roommates during orientation?

Congrats arsenal14 and to all others who have been accepted! I, too, received my acceptance letter yesterday in the mail! It was also my first choice over Ponce.

Does anyone know when orientation is and when classes start?

I am excited to meet you all soon!

I'm a first year student at UCC. I am from mainland. If anybody has any questions, I will do my best to help.

In regard to housing, I live at La Floresta near the school. There are a whole group of students living here, but students live all over including two students who drive from Caguas, one who has an apartment by the beach, etc.

Hi everyone,

I am from Miami and have been waitlisted here at UCC. I am very sad by this news as this is my first choice school. Does anyone have any advice that can help me get off the waitlist.

Thanks & Congrats to those who have been accepted :thumbup:

Hi everyone,

I am from Miami and have been waitlisted here at UCC. I am very sad by this news as this is my first choice school. Does anyone have any advice that can help me get off the waitlist.

Thanks & Congrats to those who have been accepted :thumbup:

Hi Drc17!
Im sad to know that you were waitlisted. As far as I know, the group has already been selected. The only thing that can help you is the UPR strike, since people are still waiting to complete some courses necessary for med school. Hope you get in. Dont give up.

Best of luck!

can't wait to meet everyone :D