Universidad Central Del Caribe Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

megan143

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all- if you've been accepted and/or will be attending... say hi! Elizabeth I know you're out there..... :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I will be attending Universidad Central del Caribe - Yeahhhh

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, optimism tends to have that affect on some people. :)

I received my acceptance letter yesterday also! I interviewed at SJB and UCC. I applied at PSM, but did not pursue it further when I encountered the roadblock of 12 credits of English. Long story short, I probably could have gotten around it like others did, but did not think that the school was a good fit for me after visiting there in November, getting a tour, and interacting with them subsequently. I still am waiting to hear from SJB, but probably will choose UCC. It is very professional and seems to be getting a reputation on par or better than Ponce. Besides, it is easier to take a bus/train/bus to/from the airport in San Juan:) I may not even get a car in Puerto Rico. Good luck to everyone no matter where you attend!

Congrats welcome to a new member! But just so you know it pretty much ranks as Ponce is the best, UCC second, SJB third. Aaaand I've been told by pretty much every student that you will need a car in PR.

I have been to Puerto Rico 8 times. Yes, you are right that nearly everyone drives in Puerto Rico. Traffic is a nightmare--including near the school. If I can swing just having a bicycle or maybe a motorcycle, I will do it. Hopefully, I can find a place near the school. I checked out a condo and a small room in downtown Bayamón (which would not be a good choice). I plan to look around some more the next time that I go and maybe rent or buy a place very near the school. I understand about the ranking of Ponce over UCC, but this may be changing. In my opinion, a school is more than its resources. UCC appears to have a great approach to developing a school based on respect, dignity, and professionalism. No, I do not work there :)

Congratulations on your acceptance. Great advertisement for the school jeje.

Hi. I was accepted at SJB and UCC. Does anyone know the tuition and fees at both? It was about $22,000 with $1,500 for medical insurance and about $1,700 in other fees for 2008-2009 at SJB. As far as I can tell, it is $27,000 plus $3,000 in fees at UCC for 2009-2010, but I do not know if that includes their "Institutional Plan" for medical. Thank you.

I think you will have to call them cause they did not specify what those fees were.

Does anyone know the books that we need? I know is early to think about that but just to have an idea what the overall cost with the books and everything will be.

Hi everyone! So I just got an interview at UCC. Can anyone tell me what to expect??? Was it in spanish??? WHat kind of questions did they ask?? anything I should know??? Thanks!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! So I just got an interview at UCC. Can anyone tell me what to expect??? Was it in spanish??? WHat kind of questions did they ask?? anything I should know??? Thanks!!!!!!

The interview was first to read and discuss a case with the group (about ethical decisions). Then after discussing the case in group, they will do an individual interview and the asked me to tell them about myself; why medicine? why UCC? Were there any bad grades in your academic record that we should know about? Extracurricular activities? Is there anything you want to tell us that we have not asked you? Hope this helps. Good luck

Does anyone know how to find the match lists for UCC? Any newly accepted people?

I was accepted a month ago :thumbup:!! Does anyone know what good places are there to live near UCC? Congrats to all of you accepted and good luck to those who are still waiting :xf:. See you in August :)

Hi,

I just saw that someone posted about somewhere to live. I looked around at condos, apartments, and houses near the school after my interview. I hope to buy a place some time after May 1st and rent rooms near UCC.

I am a non-traditional, male student, but very respectful. I have rented rooms in my house to mostly female students for the last 7-8 years.

If you are interested, please let me know. To see an ad about where I live now and the room I am renting in the U.S. now, please see this ad:

https://primus.nss.udel.edu/classifieds/index.jsp?action=show&ad=395837&cat_id=-1

Good luck whatever you decide> Hope to meet you in August! Thank you.

Hey guys! I got in a few weeks ago and just found this thread. If anyone has questions about interview process or what happens after that I can help a little. I got a letter in the mail, USPS style. It was a little white envelope but it had some bulk to it because it had about 5-6 pages of forms to sign and $100 money order to send.

I also got a rejection letter the same day from Jefferson which was very thin, you know the old one-pager.

That's the ups and downs of the app process I guess...

hello everybody!

just curious... has anyone recently declined their spot?

many thanks and good luck to all of you!

Sorry Ruth!!! : /

Also currently orientation is scheduled to start July 6th- be aware! Check the facebook group for important updates!!

I did. I am going to Ponce. So that's one more place at UCC!

Hey guys I just got accepted into Ponce today and am trying to decide which school I should go to. Can anyone PM me and tell my why they chose UCC? Thank you!!!

I decided on Ponce- hopefully my spot will be of good use! Good luck to everyone!!!

Is there a thread for students who are interviewing or have been accepted into the UCC class of 2014?

Sorry Ruth!!! : /

Also currently orientation is scheduled to start July 6th- be aware! Check the facebook group for important updates!!

We need one , and a facebook group too :)

I created a thread under Allopathic Medicine -School Specific Discussions

"2009-2010 Universidad Central Del Caribe Application Thread"

You can also just type it into the search box

:woot: