*^*UNECOM Class of 2011*^*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beachbunny

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, it just had to be done. Rob and I (and others from the
"2006 accept space available list") have waited long enough! So here it is--welcome to the offical UNECOM Class of 2011 thread!!!

Congratulations to all of you!! :D

Who else is out there?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say hi and congrats. I recently was accpepted into next years class.. I was a UNE undergrad, and am very famliar with the area, facilities, and many faculty.. Interested in meeting some cool MS1s to house with next year!

Hi! I was accepted on wed., and am definitely going. I'm from Boston, but have lived in Maine before.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all. As Kristin said, congrats on being accepted. UNECOM is a great school and I really look forward to getting to know you all in the upcoming months. Hope that everyone has a great weekend. Take care and drop a line sometime.
-Rob

PS. I am from the Lakes Region of NH just north of Concord, NH, and I am 24.

Congratulations!

Class of 2011, since you have been notified early in this game, it would be beneficial to start looking into where you want to live, and also take graduate level classes at either a graduate program or medical school (immuno, embryo, histology, or biochem). this way you're not pressued with 500 courses.. :) which will guarantee your medical school success.

I think if i was in your shoe and somebody told me this, i would think this is the best advice ever.

Good luck and have fun :D

It might be a good idea too to put some things on your "christmas wish list". There are definitely some cheap things on the "required" list, and some very expensive things. And some things that will just flat out make your life easier.

Perhaps we should make another thread about this if y'all think it'll clutter up this thread too much.

Hey there,
Sorry to bust in, but I'm making a choice between DMU and UNE and had a couple of questions for any current UNECOMers.

1. What's up with Biochem? Is it all small-group based now?
2. What exactly goes on in Experiences in Doctoring besides H&P? Do you learn procedures, gowning and gloving, sterile technique, etc...? Is it lecture/lab based?
3. What other classes do you take concurrently with Biochem?
4. Is there "couples" matching for 3rd year (my wife will be attending school with me)?

That's all I can think of for now. Many thanks in advance :thumbup:

Dont take too many classes. You don't want to be burned out.

1. Biochem is small group based, problem based learning (which is the trend for most of the new med school curriculum) it requires you do a lot of work outside of class and work as a team

2. 2 month after school started, You'll be given a practical exam on demonstrating actual physical exam and H&P in the examination room doing what an actual doctor would for a given system out of all 9 systems from head to toe. (close book gotta do everything from memory)

3. we're taking, immunology, physiology, histology, parasitology, doctoring course (EOM), osteopathic practice (OPP) along with biochem

4. there are some sites in that has a lot of spots, couples tend to sign up for those to increases of their chances of getting into the same program. (one thing about UNECOM is that.. student's voice are heard and can make changes to better themselves) I came from other type of school such as tufts etc. administration never listen to students and students are given no choices at all.

Hey there,
Sorry to bust in, but I'm making a choice between DMU and UNE and had a couple of questions for any current UNECOMers.

1. What's up with Biochem? Is it all small-group based now?
2. What exactly goes on in Experiences in Doctoring besides H&P? Do you learn procedures, gowning and gloving, sterile technique, etc...? Is it lecture/lab based?
3. What other classes do you take concurrently with Biochem?
4. Is there "couples" matching for 3rd year (my wife will be attending school with me)?

That's all I can think of for now. Many thanks in advance :thumbup:

Biochem is smallgroup based. You have your reading assignments, then take an individual MC quiz. IMMEDIATELY afterward, you take a MC group quiz (which hopefully you all do better on). You then work on an assigned problem with a simple short-answer question at the end. You then discuss the problem and what goes into solving it. I'm pretty sure there will be other lectures in there, but we JUST started biochem and the first week was a little crazy (mainly because the bookstore screwed up and didn't order enough books- thus the assignments, reading, and quizzes all got pushed back). It's a new approach and the kinks are still being worked out. I'm hopeful it will allow us all to quit worrying about the grade so much and focus on learning biochem in the context of medicine.

EOM. This is lecture and small group based. The lectures focus on the ethical dilemmas and non-procedure based stuff you need to think about, such as hospice, incurable disease care, healthcare reform, malpractice, admitting fault, religion in practice (whether you do or don't and what your patients think of that), sexual exams, etc. The small group stuff is learning how to do the physical exams, including eye exams, ENT, derm, neurological, etc. You also learn how to do your charting here. and the preceptorships are done through EOM classes. As for other stuff, the EM Club and SOSA generally do sutures, IV lines, intubations, that kind of stuff. Those extra labs fill up quickly, so be sure to look for them and sign up FAST.

The curriculum got revamped to more of a "semi-block" schedule starting this year. Currently our schedule has: immunology, histology, biochemistry, parasitology, physiology, OMM and EOM.

I don't know anything about couples matching for year 3. As far as I know (which is VERY VERY limited), you sign up for the areas you want to be based in. If that area overflows with requests, it goes to lottery. So if you want to be based in an area with few requests, you have it made. If, however, you want to go to an area that is overflowing with requests (generally southern Maine ALWAYS overflows), it goes to lottery. Your number comes up first, you get to choose to stay or go somewhere else. If your number comes up last, you go somewhere else. This is my rudimentary understanding. I heard something about how 2nd years decide on the rules for rotation matching and the first years run the lottery for them, but we haven't done that yet. Perhaps a 3rd year can chime in here?? (Wook??)

Congratulations everyone. I am very excited to be accepted. UNE is my #1 choice, so I will definitely be there next August. I am from Providence, RI, did my undergrad in Boston, and apparently cannot get enough of New England. Any advice on when to start looking for a place, is it too early? Does anyone know if UNE coordinates a roommate list?
Also, ShyRem can you please give me some ideas of what I should put on my Christmas list?

Definitely. I was wondering about the Christmas list too. RImike-Congrats!

Hi, I'm another UNECOM class of 2011! Found out and that was great because then I didn't have to go to my interview at LECOM (I knew I would prefer UNECOM based on location as I'm from New England). However, I did love PCOM when I interviewed, still waiting to hear from them. We'll see what happens, but congratulations everyone here!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I'm another UNECOM class of 2011! Found out and that was great because then I didn't have to go to my interview at LECOM (I knew I would prefer UNECOM based on location as I'm from New England). However, I did love PCOM when I interviewed, still waiting to hear from them. We'll see what happens, but congratulations everyone here!

wow, same exact situation as myself!! I just turned down LECOM b/c I got accepted to UNECOM and PCOM within days of each other last week... it's a really tough decision. we'll see how it turns out. :)

Congrats to all the newly accepted peeps! :thumbup:

I thought it might be fun to keep a running list of all those who have been accepted (and have already decided to attend or have a high interest in attending). I just can't wait to meet all of you! We'll definitely have to schedule some before-school-starts activities to get to know each other.

Here's the list so far:

1. redwings54
2. beachbunny
3. UNEGUY
4. rgerwin
5. RImike
6. lkeppner
7. laurenem

Keep 'em coming!!

hey guys,

had my interview 10/26 got the acceptance letter soon after. so add me to the list of UNECOM 2011. :)

Great! Where are you from?

i got the letter about 4-5 days after the interview. it was on thursday and i received the letter tuesday or wednesday i think.

i'm originally from the south shore of mass, but i've been living out in western mass since graduating college at UMass.

i got the letter about 4-5 days after the interview. it was on thursday and i received the letter tuesday or wednesday i think.

i'm originally from the south shore of mass, but i've been living out in western mass since graduating college at UMass.

Thanks! They must have sent it like the day after your interview. By the way, Congrats! :)

hey all!

i've been accepted and UNECOM is my #1 right now. Loved the students, the location, and the community - what a great place.

I interviewed on the 12th - was anyone else there?

-joe

1. redwings54
2. beachbunny
3. UNEGUY
4. rgerwin
5. RImike
6. lkeppner
7. laurenem
8. TheBean011
9. ndjoe

I was also accepted into the class of 2011. Congrats to everybody else!

I have a question regarding loans outside of stafford. Are they part of your package? Or do they just say this is how much you need to cover, and you apply yourslef? Also, does UNE every give any grants?

Thanks!

You do need to apply for those separately. You'll be getting information with all the supplemental loan companies they work with, but I think you can go with just about anyone. If you choose a company they work with, you can save some heartache because they're set up for auto deposit and such. There is also the new "GradPlus" loan the government sets up. Personally I went with Maine Med Loan, but I know lots of folks that went with GradPlus for the locked in interest rate. I think the GradPlus is a guaranteed loan with a guaranteed rate... the others are credit-based. I think. Check the financial aid page at UNE and pay particular attention to COM student FA links. I applied early (March or something like that) with a guesstimate of the money I would require. They fix it up later to be the correct amount. BE AWARE: You won't get your FA living money until the second week. I think I got mine on August 13th or so.. and orientation started the 8th or 9th. Bring some money with you. Fortunately, you can live without your books for a week.

I don't know about UNE giving out grants. I didn't get one. Again, check out the COM FA page at UNE.

On your christmas list:

reflex hammer
256 and 512 tuning fork
Stethoscope (they recommend Littman Cardiology III)
pen light
eye chart (it's like $3)
Dorland's medical dictionary
non-latex gloves for anatomy lab (BOXES of them)
white board (to practice things like the brachial plexus on until you see it in your sleep)
Any other school like stuff you can think of.
Preceptor clothes. You'll need some professional dress clothes for your clerkships (not a suit, but professional nonetheless)
typing lessons if you don't type very well. I was surprised by how many folks didn't type well.
A good backpack or messenger bag for your books and crap.

For your new home:
microwave
toaster oven
pots and pans if you need 'em
TV
coffee maker
anything else for your apartment that you don't have now.
A cookbook

Notice I did *not* put all the required equipment on there (which you'll see on your list in the spring). If you want it all, you can also add BP cuff and diagnostic set, but many students find them unnecessary (you can borrow from other students and get it used - check out ebay. Seriously). I also didn't put any books on the list. You can usually get them cheap half price, and I don't know which books will be on your book list next year. I can guess, but I'd hate to have y'all pissed off at me next year if I was wrong. :)

I would also look into computers. Personally I also got a PDA to keep track of all my crap. I also found it HIGHLY useful for anatomy and any other class that uses powerpoints - I can download the powerpoint to my PDA and study anywhere with minimal "luggage". Netter's also has a flashcard program for the PDA which I found very helpful, and if you get it through AMSA, you get epocrates subscription for like 18 months or so. Most folks didn't get one figuring the technology would change a whole lot between now and MSIII when they need one for their rotations.

Do a search for a computer if you need one and put that on your list. It's been discussed on the forums - do a search for all the pros and cons.

Anyone else have anything to add to that??

Biochem is smallgroup based. You have your reading assignments, then take an individual MC quiz. IMMEDIATELY afterward, you take a MC group quiz (which hopefully you all do better on). You then work on an assigned problem with a simple short-answer question at the end. You then discuss the problem and what goes into solving it. I'm pretty sure there will be other lectures in there, but we JUST started biochem and the first week was a little crazy (mainly because the bookstore screwed up and didn't order enough books- thus the assignments, reading, and quizzes all got pushed back). It's a new approach and the kinks are still being worked out. I'm hopeful it will allow us all to quit worrying about the grade so much and focus on learning biochem in the context of medicine.

EOM. This is lecture and small group based. The lectures focus on the ethical dilemmas and non-procedure based stuff you need to think about, such as hospice, incurable disease care, healthcare reform, malpractice, admitting fault, religion in practice (whether you do or don't and what your patients think of that), sexual exams, etc. The small group stuff is learning how to do the physical exams, including eye exams, ENT, derm, neurological, etc. You also learn how to do your charting here. and the preceptorships are done through EOM classes. As for other stuff, the EM Club and SOSA generally do sutures, IV lines, intubations, that kind of stuff. Those extra labs fill up quickly, so be sure to look for them and sign up FAST.

The curriculum got revamped to more of a "semi-block" schedule starting this year. Currently our schedule has: immunology, histology, biochemistry, parasitology, physiology, OMM and EOM.

I don't know anything about couples matching for year 3. As far as I know (which is VERY VERY limited), you sign up for the areas you want to be based in. If that area overflows with requests, it goes to lottery. So if you want to be based in an area with few requests, you have it made. If, however, you want to go to an area that is overflowing with requests (generally southern Maine ALWAYS overflows), it goes to lottery. Your number comes up first, you get to choose to stay or go somewhere else. If your number comes up last, you go somewhere else. This is my rudimentary understanding. I heard something about how 2nd years decide on the rules for rotation matching and the first years run the lottery for them, but we haven't done that yet. Perhaps a 3rd year can chime in here?? (Wook??)

ShyRem:

When we went through the lottery, it was as you described. We as a class decided along with the administration what the rules of the road were going to be (for the lottery). For my class (we graduated this year), we opted to keep Maine one track (although I have heard over the last couple of years that subsequent classes opted to split up Maine...I can't address this because I have no first hand knowledge).

Anyways, the couples in my class opted to sign up to the same tracks together during lottery. Our rules were that there would not be "couples matching" and that people would have to apply to tracks individually. It was a bit stressful for folks, but as far as I know, everyone from my class that wanted to go to sites together did so. I know one couple went to Watertown (they are now married). Each class is unique in how it sets up the rules for the lottery for the third year, so it is class dependent. Generally speaking, though, ALMOST everyone matches to the track that they want for third year.

Wook

On your christmas list:

reflex hammer
256 and 512 tuning fork
Stethoscope (they recommend Littman Cardiology III)
pen light
eye chart (it's like $3)
Dorland's medical dictionary
non-latex gloves for anatomy lab (BOXES of them)
white board (to practice things like the brachial plexus on until you see it in your sleep)
Any other school like stuff you can think of.
Preceptor clothes. You'll need some professional dress clothes for your clerkships (not a suit, but professional nonetheless)
typing lessons if you don't type very well. I was surprised by how many folks didn't type well.
A good backpack or messenger bag for your books and crap.

For your new home:
microwave
toaster oven
pots and pans if you need 'em
TV
coffee maker
anything else for your apartment that you don't have now.
A cookbook

Notice I did *not* put all the required equipment on there (which you'll see on your list in the spring). If you want it all, you can also add BP cuff and diagnostic set, but many students find them unnecessary (you can borrow from other students and get it used - check out ebay. Seriously). I also didn't put any books on the list. You can usually get them cheap half price, and I don't know which books will be on your book list next year. I can guess, but I'd hate to have y'all pissed off at me next year if I was wrong. :)

I would also look into computers. Personally I also got a PDA to keep track of all my crap. I also found it HIGHLY useful for anatomy and any other class that uses powerpoints - I can download the powerpoint to my PDA and study anywhere with minimal "luggage". Netter's also has a flashcard program for the PDA which I found very helpful, and if you get it through AMSA, you get epocrates subscription for like 18 months or so. Most folks didn't get one figuring the technology would change a whole lot between now and MSIII when they need one for their rotations.

Do a search for a computer if you need one and put that on your list. It's been discussed on the forums - do a search for all the pros and cons.

Anyone else have anything to add to that??

I would 2nd and 3rd what Shy said about the books, don't go hog wild. You may not end up using the books listed extensively or find them helpful (I used other resources often).

Also, I would refrain from buying the most expensive opthalmoscope. When I was starting we had the choice of getting the conventional one or the panophthalmoscope. I spent alot of money on the pan and really haven't used it that much. However, I would defer to the Shy or any of the other folk who are more recently going through the program.

Wook

What is the benefit of the expensive Littman Cardiology III stethoscope and a cheaper one under $100?

rg, I have both. I would say that *for me* I find the cardio III has better sound transmission than the classic II or IIse. If I were you, I'd find a store with many different makes and models and get one that works well for you. This is something you'll be using for years and years... pay the extra dough for a nice one you'll be happy with for your career (unless you end up going into cardiology - then you'll probably be getting a different one anyway).

As for diagnostic sets, I got a pocket set 'cuz I have little itty bitty hands. No one in my class got the pan set... too pricey. Keep an eye on ebay if you want a set of your own - they do go on sale there for CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP. Unless you wait until the month med schools start - then they're about as expensive on ebay as at the store.

Four days flat after my interview. Acceptance! Yes! This one of main considerations. Thanks for all your input!

And to add to the list:

1. redwings54
2. beachbunny
3. UNEGUY
4. rgerwin
5. RImike
6. lkeppner
7. laurenem
8. TheBean011
9. ndjoe
10. hemaoncodoc

:D

And to add to the list:

1. redwings54
2. beachbunny
3. UNEGUY
4. rgerwin
5. RImike
6. lkeppner
7. laurenem
8. TheBean011
9. ndjoe
10. hemaoncodoc
11. yco

I was on the lottery committee last year (long story)... the last two years, the class has split up the maine track into three different sites (southern - lewiston, bidd/saco, york, portland, etc.;central - augusta; eastern/northern - bangor/patterson NJ for peds) - there wasn't any couples matching, however we do a series of anonymous surveys and put up a board in the back of the room so we get a feel for where people are thinking of going - although it can ALL change on lottery night. It's all a series of trying to figure out who and how many people want to go to each site, and you try to pick one that you figure it going to have enough spots for both of you if it's important for you to stay together. From what i've heard, most people got the sites they wanted.

Hope this makes sense. I will say that historically, Southern Maine is VERY popular, so don't absolutely plan on staying in the southern maine area for 3rd year. You obviously have as good a shot as the next person, but it's definitely not absolute. Just a word to the wise...

1. redwings54
2. beachbunny
3. UNEGUY
4. rgerwin
5. RImike
6. lkeppner
7. laurenem
8. TheBean011
9. ndjoe
10. hemaoncodoc
11. yco
12. kiddingme

1. redwings54
2. beachbunny
3. UNEGUY
4. rgerwin
5. RImike
6. lkeppner
7. laurenem
8. TheBean011
9. ndjoe
10. hemaoncodoc
11. yco
12. kiddingme
Welcome kiddingme!

Since I'm assuming you applied to NSU too since you are currently living in Florida, I wondering if you could offer an opinion of NSU vs. UNECOM. Vote on my poll. Thanks! :)

Does anyone know if we are going to receive an acceptance packet, beyond the letter that we got?

Hey all--congrats to all who have been recently accepted! The list is growing!
I've been MIA, soaking up the sun in the Dominican Republic for the past week. A trip I HIGHLY recommend! It was awesome.
Anyway.....I was told not to hold my breath about any other info via mail. The admissions office said it would be sometime after December before we get anything else.

I think stuff just trickled in here and there until May or so when you'll get TONS of stuff. Relax. I know you're excited (I was too), and you will probably go through a phase where you haven't heard from them for a while and you will doubt you even really got in. It'll all come. You'll be living, breathing, eating, and sleeping med school soon enough. Enjoy the med school lull. :)

However, if you really really need something to do towards med school, get your immunization stuff ready. Get documentation of your immunizations, dates for your hepB and varicella vaccines, and you'll need titers for those two drawn within 6 months of your start date. You'll need a full physical within one year of start date, including eye exam. You'll also need a two-step TB test within 6 months of your start date. Just stuff to think about while y'all still have health insurance. :) And if you get everything ready now, it's one less thing to try to get together while you're getting ready for graduation, moving, etc.

I think stuff just trickled in here and there until May or so when you'll get TONS of stuff. Relax. I know you're excited (I was too), and you will probably go through a phase where you haven't heard from them for a while and you will doubt you even really got in. It'll all come. You'll be living, breathing, eating, and sleeping med school soon enough. Enjoy the med school lull. :)

However, if you really really need something to do towards med school, get your immunization stuff ready. Get documentation of your immunizations, dates for your hepB and varicella vaccines, and you'll need titers for those two drawn within 6 months of your start date. You'll need a full physical within one year of start date, including eye exam. You'll also need a two-step TB test within 6 months of your start date. Just stuff to think about while y'all still have health insurance. :) And if you get everything ready now, it's one less thing to try to get together while you're getting ready for graduation, moving, etc.

:thumbup:

Definitely want to be worrying about fewer things when school starts, I would highly recommend getting this stuff organized early.

Also, hang on to these medical records as you may need to have them again at a later date. In my case, I took a few (okay more than a few years) off before starting school. Turns out that all my pediatric records were gone...my physician from years back had retired and no one knew where the records were. My suggestion is to keep a copy for yourself so you can prove immunizations.

Wook

Thanks for the info, the inquiry wasn't due to excitement per se, but just that I am an international student and there is alot of paperwork that takes awhile to get processed. Plus I finally took the time to really read the acceptance letter and I was able to grasp the information regarding deposits, which was my other area of concern. I think I had only read the line that said that I was accepted! :laugh:

Thanks for the info, the inquiry wasn't due to excitement per se, but just that I am an international student and there is alot of paperwork that takes awhile to get processed. Plus I finally took the time to really read the acceptance letter and I was able to grasp the information regarding deposits, which was my other area of concern. I think I had only read the line that said that I was accepted! :laugh:

I am now almost done my immunizations. 4 Months after starting!!!

Where are you from? Please don't say Canada Hehehe

-I would relax... watch TV till 3am, go out till 4am, enjoy everything that makes you happy... and enjoy it accessively. Unless its alcohol or drugs. You will miss the real world soon enough. Also you have 8 month or so to get active in some research. I would check that out. I am assuming that you are not studying right now. Lots of people in second year have told me that they wish they had time to get some experience in research. Good for experience and good for CV.

Hey guys. Hope that everyone is doing well. For the new people who have signed on as members of the class, welcome and I look forward to meeting and getting to know you all. I have a few questions though. Does anyone know who we should send our deposit check to and how much it should be for? Also, has anyone started looking for housing? My girlfriend and I are searching around the Portland area with minimal success. We have a dog and she also will be commuting to work as a teacher so a distance that isnt too far from school is desirable. Any of you older types (Bill, Wook, ShyRem);) , could you offer up some advice? Thanks all and happy Turkey day.

Hey guys. Hope that everyone is doing well. For the new people who have signed on as members of the class, welcome and I look forward to meeting and getting to know you all. I have a few questions though. Does anyone know who we should send our deposit check to and how much it should be for? Also, has anyone started looking for housing? My girlfriend and I are searching around the Portland area with minimal success. We have a dog and she also will be commuting to work as a teacher so a distance that isnt too far from school is desirable. Any of you older types (Bill, Wook, ShyRem);) , could you offer up some advice? Thanks all and happy Turkey day.
Did you get the acceptance letter? The first action you should take is to confirm your acceptance with Ms. Lisa Lane, [email protected] or 800-477-4863. She should be able to tell you who to make out your $500.00 deposit to. :)

I've done a good deal of research on housing. There is information on the website that lists housing opportunities in different areas of maine. I've looked in the Biddeford, Saco, and Portland area. All very affordable compared to where I'm from.

THe portland maine newspaper(online) is a good source.

If you're looking to rent, there used to be a list on the housing site - ask Lisa in the office about that one. We bought a house. With two kids, two dogs, a houseful of crap, and equity from the sale of our other house, we needed to buy a home.

You may want to look into buying a condo. Might be cheaper than renting. Might be. Look at realtor.com for purchases. Wish I could be more helpful about the rental thing....

Redwings:

The UNE website address is at http://www.une.edu/com/rsas/faq.asp. It is one of the FAQs.

One of the links is to http://homes.mainetoday.com/classifieds/. They used to have a list of rentals under the FAQs, but I don't see it anymore. Not sure where it went.

Did you say I'm an older type????!!! Dang, I'm gonna go remove my dentures and sulk. :laugh:

Wook

I just wanted to post and say hi. I just sent in my deposit yesterday so I am officially going to UNECOM in august! I also wanted to see what people are doing about living situations and what you all might be thinking about finding roomates, etc. Thanks so much and I look forward to meeting everyone!

Congratulations Jenn!!!! :thumbup: Welcome to the UNECOM class of 2007 thread! I will add you to the list (you are lucky number 13!)

1. redwings54
2. beachbunny
3. UNEGUY
4. rgerwin
5. RImike
6. lkeppner
7. laurenem
8. TheBean011
9. ndjoe
10. hemaoncodoc
11. yco
12. kiddingme
13. PSUJenn07

As for housing, I will be sharing a place with my boyfriend...we'll see how that goes! However, I would love to live near others in our class to facilitate easier group-study sessions and such. I've been looking a little bit with no real success. We would like to live as close to school as possible. I like the thought of walking/biking/rollerblading to school in the nice weather.

Any more acceptances out there????? Congrats again to Jenn!!!

Congrats! I'm definitely living with my, at that point, husband in Portland.

I just wanted to post and say hi. I just sent in my deposit yesterday so I am officially going to UNECOM in august! I also wanted to see what people are doing about living situations and what you all might be thinking about finding roomates, etc. Thanks so much and I look forward to meeting everyone!
Congrats!

rgerwin, does that mean you have a wedding to attend before school starts??
;) A big congrats to you!!! How exciting!