UNECOM class of 2010!! part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
menardst said:
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a decent place to grab a few Sam Adams or something in the local area. Since I am not going on the rafting trip, I would love to meet as many classmates as I can before classes. If you are interested give me a call at 401-378-2510 or email me at [email protected]. I will be moving after this weekend to Old Orchard Beach, so it would be awesome to have something to do after the move.

See you all soon.

Steve M

steve, there are tons of places on old orchard beach/pier area that one can grab few sam adams. the carnivals are there until labor day. so definitely a big party scene there.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone.

Thanks for the response to my questions.

I will wait till I am in Town to figure out my cell phone provider. I am packing all my stuff and was hoping to bring my futon.. but now I think I won't be able to fid that in the car. So I am going let that go.

Hey btw, how is the temperature.. I know its about 85 or so... but is it cool at night... or deadly humid like we are having in the Toronto, CHicago, Detroit tail.

see you guys soon.

Ba

docbill said:
Hi Everyone.

Thanks for the response to my questions.

I will wait till I am in Town to figure out my cell phone provider. I am packing all my stuff and was hoping to bring my futon.. but now I think I won't be able to fid that in the car. So I am going let that go.

Hey btw, how is the temperature.. I know its about 85 or so... but is it cool at night... or deadly humid like we are having in the Toronto, CHicago, Detroit tail.

see you guys soon.

Ba

It's cool from morning till 11:00am, 85-84 from noon to 7pm, and cool and breezy at night.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Keys,

that's my problem, I don't want to have to visit a ton of places... I don't have the money to try each place out.. nor the liver that can handle all that. Just curious if there was a particular "spot" and if anyone was up to going out this coming week. See ya...

Steve M

Hello everyone!!! It has been awhile since I have posted on this forum, but I just wanted to say, Hey. I hope everyone is having a smooth time getting ready to start school. I have been a bit busy and wont be up till this Friday (though maybe back and forth a bit this week)), but as far as the bar scene goes, I have been to Mulligan's quite a few times (college roommate is a local). It has a pretty chill atmosphere, cheap food, decent beer, and you don't have to drive all the way to Portland!! Anyway, see you soon!!!

Jess

soccer16 said:
Hello everyone!!! It has been awhile since I have posted on this forum, but I just wanted to say, Hey. I hope everyone is having a smooth time getting ready to start school. I have been a bit busy and wont be up till this Friday (though maybe back and forth a bit this week)), but as far as the bar scene goes, I have been to Mulligan's quite a few times (college roommate is a local). It has a pretty chill atmosphere, cheap food, decent beer, and you don't have to drive all the way to Portland!! Anyway, see you soon!!!

Jess

Hi Jess, Good to see your still around.

Hi All,

Tomorrow morning I will be driving down. It should be fun since I go through Vermont and N.H. I just hope someone will be at the place were I am going.. otherwise I will have to find another way.

Looking forward to an new start and new friends.

BA

WOW.. Biddeford is burning hot right now.

If you are moving here, make sure you bring the A/C or Fans with you.
Trust me, Walmart and home depot is sold out. We tried yesterday.

Just finished setting up the futton and the shelves etc... and now finally ready to tackle the boxes. Not today!!! Today is beach day.

See you guys soon.

Ba

Bill,

I'm glad you survived the "big move", and made it safely to biddeford. as you mentioned before, you're not going to white water rafting.. hopefully there are other times that we all can hang out.

take it easy.. you know school is starting next monday!!!!!! ahaaaaaaaah :eek:

Hey all
I havent been keepin' up with the convo's that have occured on here. BUTTTTTT I am also a 1st year at UNECOM and a bunch of us are planning on going to Portland on Friday to check out the bars etc.
If anyone wants to come along let me know.. and not sure how many of you guys are going on the rafting trip.
For those of you that are you going, have a great time!
Maria

dmblove said:
Hey all
I havent been keepin' up with the convo's that have occured on here. BUTTTTTT I am also a 1st year at UNECOM and a bunch of us are planning on going to Portland on Friday to check out the bars etc.
If anyone wants to come along let me know.. and not sure how many of you guys are going on the rafting trip.
For those of you that are you going, have a great time!
Maria

Check out Bull Feeneys... my favorite :cool:

Hey, how do we get in touch with you to meet up? I am game for Friday!

Steve M

menardst said:
Hey, how do we get in touch with you to meet up? I am game for Friday!

Steve M

Hi Everyone. I may be up to it as well, but I may also be in Boston this Friday. So I will have to see. Steve go to myUNE and there is a posting on there with contact info.

Good luck guys. The heat is gone now so no need to melt away.

Best
BA

Hey Guys, (FYI: Guys is used for guys and gals)

After what happened last time, I will not go to a mechanic that is not recommended by others. Nor a hairdresser or a carpenter or ...

My car springs may be Plucked (Pl=F in Canadian eh!) So before I cause more damage, I would like to get that checked out and fixed. If anyone can post or PM me a number and address that would be great.

Thanks
BA

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys,

I am not going to let our thread slip to the bottom of the page.

The last few days have been fun. Meeting lots of new people.

Today at the BBQ on campus, I am sure I will meet most of you.

See you

BA

PS. Thanks for everyone who contacted me with mechanics numbers, very helpful as always.

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH. YIPEE. THIS IS CRAZY. CLASSES START WED. I GOT A CALL FROM LISA THIS MORNING. I AM COMING UP THERE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- no place to live, no books, no nothing. I guess I'll really see what I'm made of now. See you all in an hour. Is this crazy insane or insane crazy I don't know but I'm psyched!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-gerard

So I guess you guys started classes today. If things are the same as when I was in your shoes you are listening to Dr. Bell in FOD right now... :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: I dont envy you :laugh:

Does he still give his "yesterday was your last day as one of them, and today is your first day as one of us speech"???

Shodddy18 said:
So I guess you guys started classes today. If things are the same as when I was in your shoes you are listening to Dr. Bell in FOD right now... :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: I dont envy you :laugh:

Does he still give his "yesterday was your last day as one of them, and today is your first day as one of us speech"???

Ohhh, what a wonderful speech it was :)

The Sherlock Holmes movie was a blast too....

Day one? DONE!

Shodddy18 said:

Ha! That's funny. I just assumed it was original material. It went pretty much as you predicted.

So I've met DocBill, grl33, and I think I've met menardst.

I'm still looking for others.

For example, ShyRem and Keys....show yourselves!

anyone figure out how to download the powerpoints from that t-drive thing ?

ben821 said:
anyone figure out how to download the powerpoints from that t-drive thing ?
are they still using that?? they need to use webct... i'm 99.9% sure that you're going to have to go to the library and use one of their computers and either email it to yourself or put it on a thumb drive.

jonb12997 said:
are they still using that?? they need to use webct... i'm 99.9% sure that you're going to have to go to the library and use one of their computers and either email it to yourself or put it on a thumb drive.

Yes go to library computers and go to my computer icon and select teacher's disk (T) and find the teachers name. We will have to ask him to go to WebCT and make it easier for everyone.

BTW, I still don't know who shyrem is.... somewhere in the frond.. grey hair.. hmmmm doesn't tell me much.. hehehehe

No need,

I have put them on the noteservice already.. :).. study hard kids :) don't fail the first exam.. actually (fail the first exam, so the curve would be better) hahaha.

no, don't fail the first test... you dig yourself a hole that's a LOT harder to get out of then you really want... believe me, I know! ;) hope you guys had a great first week!

Well all...it seems that I most deffinitely will not be joining all of you this year as a member of the class of 2010. But after hearing about anatomy already, I am kinda happy I have another year of playing with the kids and saving up some money. But I just wanted to say good luck to you all, keep in touch and I will deffinitely try to make it up to Biddo sometime soon.
Take care.
-Rob

redwings54 said:
Well all...it seems that I most deffinitely will not be joining all of you this year as a member of the class of 2010. But after hearing about anatomy already, I am kinda happy I have another year of playing with the kids and saving up some money. But I just wanted to say good luck to you all, keep in touch and I will deffinitely try to make it up to Biddo sometime soon.
Take care.
-Rob

better luck next year!

redwings54 said:
Take care.
-Rob

Rob:

I'll be rooting for you too!!

Wook

WHATEVER YOU DO TAKE AN ANATOMY COURSE BEFORE COMING HERE.

IT is not a must, but it will make your lifeeeee muchhhh easier.

Someone like me with ZERO background in anatomy and ZERO ability to memorize information will not have fun.

You may also want to take histology or any other course you we will have in first year. That way you can try to get an exemption from it.

OHHH and BTW, it feels like its been 1 month, even though we have only been here for 2 weeks.

Good luck
BA

docbill said:
WHATEVER YOU DO TAKE AN ANATOMY COURSE BEFORE COMING HERE.

IT is not a must, but it will make your lifeeeee muchhhh easier.

Someone like me with ZERO background in anatomy and ZERO ability to memorize information will not have fun.

You may also want to take histology or any other course you we will have in first year. That way you can try to get an exemption from it.

OHHH and BTW, it feels like its been 1 month, even though we have only been here for 2 weeks.

Good luck
BA

Thanks for the tip!

But also remember - I DID have an anatomy course. And it was WORTHLESS. The stuff you learn here is so much more detailed than any anatomy class you'll ever have. The hard part is figuring out how to process a ****load of information in a very small amount of time. It is astounding how fast these classes move. And how easy it is to fall behind.

mmmmm... advice for anyone applying. Make SURE you get settled in EARLY. One month or so before classes start. You do NOT want to be unpacking while you're in school. You do NOT want to be looking for a house, a roommate, transportation, the grocery stores, pharmacies, shoe stores, best pizza joint, etc. while you're trying to assimilate 50-100 pages of stuff a day. Get everything in place so all you have to do is worry about school. OH - and buy boxes and boxes and boxes (start with an entire case, truly) of non-latex gloves that fit you. you'll go through them quickly in gross anatomy.

Hey all. Been a long time since anyone posted anything on here. Might have to start a Class of 2011 thread soon.:) So I got official word on Saturday that I have been accepted into the Class of 2011. Wish I was with you guys this year but no biggie. Hope everything is going well. Let me know the next time you guys are throwing a party and I will make it up there. Take care.
-Rob

PS. Anyone else on the Space Available list hear anything? Let me know.

Hey all. Been a long time since anyone posted anything on here. Might have to start a Class of 2011 thread soon.:) So I got official word on Saturday that I have been accepted into the Class of 2011. Wish I was with you guys this year but no biggie. Hope everything is going well. Let me know the next time you guys are throwing a party and I will make it up there. Take care.
-Rob

i'm not a unecom student..but my friend beachbunny got accepted for 2011 from the space available list at unecom...you will be classmates with each other :) congrats!

I got my letter for the class of 2011 on Sat too, although I had been badgering Lisa all week about it and found out last Thursday that I was in for sure. (off the same list)

Me so happy! :)

Redwing: glad to hear! Look me up when you get here. :)

HEY SHY!!
Hope all is well with you! Things are in high gear here in Des Moines. Major ownage is taking place. Little more difficult for us "older folk" ehh? Have a good one and keep pounding away everyone. :thumbup:

Much love from DMU.

-Rob

Rob:

Well done and congratulations!!

Wook

Congrats to Rob and Beachbunny for getting accepted.

Go pick up a Grey's anatomy and start memorizing the terms. Nothing too complex for now... just get fimiliar with this foreign language we call anatomy. Just place it the bathrroom and read one page at a time... hehehee

Also make sure you enjoy every free second of your life. Because once you get started you will be busy busy busy studying.. and you will feel guilty if you are not studying. And TV, what is that... just thought I would give you a taster of reality for most of us. NOT EVERYONE.. just the special bunch of us.

B

Thanks docbill, I can't wait to start! I appreciate the advice from you and ShyRem. If anyone else has anything more they would like to add, please do! I need all the advice I can get from you guys. I will be making some trips up there throughout the year to look for housing and get familiar with the area, so hopefully I'll be able to bump into a few of you on your study breaks! I hope everyone is doing well and studying hard! I can't even imagine what your lives must be like right now....but I will find out soon enough.

BA is being pretty accurate, but occasionally you can make time for fun too!! Good luck in finding places for next year, a lot of places that will open up are not currently for rent because people living there haven't necessarily decided whether or not they are staying. (I looked in Apirlish and still landed a decent place in a nice area for a great price) My suggestion is B-Pool!

Why isn't anybody congratulating me too? :(

(Yes, I need the validation)

I dont understand the pig reference..but thanks..?

What? You've never seen the movie Babe? It is very popular in the 4-8 yr old crowd (and the occasional dad who is dragged along to the movie). :)

oooooh............

Well I remember the movie, but it didnt' jump right at me with that initial reference. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.