Uh 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My immunology professor fixed the whole cheating thing in his class. He had different tests that all looked exactly the same, so people who cheated got all the wrong answers and didnt even know. there was about 1/3 of the class with Ds and Fs. He would just sit there and watch the people cheat. Some of the cheaters never figured it out the whole semester and just keep trying like maybe they were cheating off a stupid person the first test.

As far as the Financial Aid thing goes, we (meaning the whole of UH) is suppose to find out our loan awards around the 15th. Thats what the FINAID office told me today.

Wow! That's funny! Serves those people right! I hope they fail miserably before they get into any pharmacy, medical, dental, or optometry schools. I know it's bad to wish ill of people but if they get in they might actually kill innocent people. Sadly, there are some who already got in to their chosen professional programs.

Anyway, thanks for the info about the FINAID stuff. I was going to email Mrs. Owens this week but I guess I'll hold off for a little bit.

Members don't see this ad.

My immunology professor fixed the whole cheating thing in his class. He had different tests that all looked exactly the same, so people who cheated got all the wrong answers and didnt even know. there was about 1/3 of the class with Ds and Fs. He would just sit there and watch the people cheat. Some of the cheaters never figured it out the whole semester and just keep trying like maybe they were cheating off a stupid person the first test.

As far as the Financial Aid thing goes, we (meaning the whole of UH) is suppose to find out our loan awards around the 15th. Thats what the FINAID office told me today.

Yap. He let them cheat and u know what, he made a copy of their answer sheets, and regraded the papers for all those that made abt 15-40, and he said they made up to 80's with a different answer Key. I am pretty sure he has up to ten of those keys. That guy is pretty smart. u don't mess with him. Hahaha!!

He may be a bad professor but he's not the WORST professor I've had at UH. There is this elderly gentleman, who looks like he should have retired ages ago, who still teaches at UH. He just READS his notes VERBATIM!!! during each and every class. HE READS TO COLLEGE STUDENTS! I wonder how he thinks we got here -- having our parents read us bed time stories up to now???!! The whole semester I felt that his reading sessions were an insult to our intelligence. Each lecture only 15-20 people would show up because they didn't feel like listening to him. I went coz I felt bad for him but I was just another warm body in the room. I gave him a really sucky eval afterwards!:smuggrin: My friends told me I should have been nice to the old man but that's not the way I saw it; he was there to teach and if he can't do that anymore he should retire.

You wouldn't be talking about a certain micro biology professor, would you?

Members don't see this ad :)
He may be a bad professor but he's not the WORST professor I've had at UH. There is this elderly gentleman, who looks like he should have retired ages ago, who still teaches at UH. He just READS his notes VERBATIM!!! during each and every class. HE READS TO COLLEGE STUDENTS! I wonder how he thinks we got here -- having our parents read us bed time stories up to now???!! The whole semester I felt that his reading sessions were an insult to our intelligence. Each lecture only 15-20 people would show up because they didn't feel like listening to him. I went coz I felt bad for him but I was just another warm body in the room. I gave him a really sucky eval afterwards!:smuggrin: My friends told me I should have been nice to the old man but that's not the way I saw it; he was there to teach and if he can't do that anymore he should retire.

I once had an instructor with a heavy accent, in a auditorium-sized classroom, that read the book as he faced the blackboard and rewrote what was in the book on the board. So, you couldn't hear him, and if you could you couldn't understand him, but it didn't matter because if you wanted to, you could read along with him. I wish I had made that up, but it's true. :eek:

By the end of the semester we were going to the administration in mass and complaining. I swear they threw the final out because I've never figured out how I made the grade I did if they didn't.

Hey guys, I'm trying to finish up my FAFSA. I know, I'm so late but I didn't even think about doing it until I got my interview and acceptance in April. Did you guys put in your parents' information when you filed your FAFSA? Is it necessary?

Hey guys, I'm trying to finish up my FAFSA. I know, I'm so late but I didn't even think about doing it until I got my interview and acceptance in April. Did you guys put in your parents' information when you filed your FAFSA? Is it necessary?

I don't think it's necessary since your classification is 1st year professional/graduate student. That automatically makes you an independent. I'm not sure, though. Perhaps others would care to chime in?

Wait, I know who you are talking about! I honestly liked his class even though yeah he did read his notes out of his book. But, I got more out that class than I did any other class that semester (and an A too).

Wait, I know who you are talking about! I honestly liked his class even though yeah he did read his notes out of his book. But, I got more out that class than I did any other class that semester (and an A too).

I learned more from my lab TA than I did from him. I did get an A in his class. I just don't think it's right for a college professor to read his notes verbatim in class. College is not pre-K.

I don't think it's necessary since your classification is 1st year professional/graduate student. That automatically makes you an independent. I'm not sure, though. Perhaps others would care to chime in?

yup. once you're a graduate student you're considered I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T, do you know what that mean?
lol

you dont need parents info anymore, just your own.

yup. once you're a graduate student you're considered I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T, do you know what that mean?
lol

you dont need parents info anymore, just your own.

AHAHAHA! Best response ever. Thanks for your help guys! I was putting the FAFSA off for no reason. :p

She got her own house, she got her own car, two jobs, work hard, you a bad ... yeah.

Members don't see this ad :)
I seriously can't stand Dr. Dubious either, and I have his final tomorrow at 11. Well congrats to pharmdiva for the waitlisting, I wonder if my fate is decided and being mailed already...it should be.

By the way, I heard some schools accept all the waitlisted students the following year if they don't get in...is that true for UH too? I kinda doubt it.

Thanks so much Hilariousbomb :) If you still haven't heard anything yet and you have been tabled since March, I would recommend calling the admissions office (specifically Nekesa Berkley). She is really helpful and patient. I called her a lot and she always made time to talk to me. Also, don't assume the worst just b/c it's taking awhile. Trust me ... i know from experience. Sometimes no news is good news!

AHAHAHA! Best response ever. Thanks for your help guys! I was putting the FAFSA off for no reason. :p

She got her own house, she got her own car, two jobs, work hard, you a bad ... yeah.

Okay...now I know I have to meet you! That was funny!:laugh: (I have to admit I like that song) Fill out your FASFA online, and it's so fast! I didn't fill mine out until after my interview either. I hadn't filled one out in so many years that I forgot you could fill it out before getting accepted. I talked to the people in the financial aid office, and they said it wouldn't make any difference that I filled it out late b/c no money has been awarded yet.

Okay...now I know I have to meet you! That was funny!:laugh: (I have to admit I like that song) Fill out your FASFA online, and it's so fast! I didn't fill mine out until after my interview either. I hadn't filled one out in so many years that I forgot you could fill it out before getting accepted. I talked to the people in the financial aid office, and they said it wouldn't make any difference that I filled it out late b/c no money has been awarded yet.

I hadn't filled one out since before I graduated high school! Thank you for letting me know it wouldn't make a difference...that's a big relief. Has anyone been applying for scholarships and such?

Everyone on this thread is worth meeting! I don't think I've had this much fun on a website other than Facebook before. :)

I hadn't filled one out since before I graduated high school! Thank you for letting me know it wouldn't make a difference...that's a big relief. Has anyone been applying for scholarships and such?

Everyone on this thread is worth meeting! I don't think I've had this much fun on a website other than Facebook before. :)

I don't think we are eligible for UHCOP scholarships during our 1st year. But after the 1st year we can apply. But I guess if u can get scholarships from outside the college, that will be great.

Thanks so much Hilariousbomb :) If you still haven't heard anything yet and you have been tabled since March, I would recommend calling the admissions office (specifically Nekesa Berkley). She is really helpful and patient. I called her a lot and she always made time to talk to me. Also, don't assume the worst just b/c it's taking awhile. Trust me ... i know from experience. Sometimes no news is good news!

Would it be alright if I contacted them? I would think they would get annoyed with that, but if you say it's appropriate then I'll give it a shot. I'm just down in the dumps because my application is still in limbo and I didn't do well on my finals so this is definitely my worst semester which will bring down my GPA, which will make my stomach turn if I don't get into RX school this time (I only was able to apply to UH too).

but his class was so easy.. unlike Dubois class!!!

Would it be alright if I contacted them? I would think they would get annoyed with that, but if you say it's appropriate then I'll give it a shot. I'm just down in the dumps because my application is still in limbo and I didn't do well on my finals so this is definitely my worst semester which will bring down my GPA, which will make my stomach turn if I don't get into RX school this time (I only was able to apply to UH too).

I will say go ahead and call them ASAP, cos it shows how serious u are, and how much u want to go to the school. Good luck.

You do not have to fill out your parents' info, but it will say on the FAFSA when you are filling it out that if you are a student in a health profession it is recommended that you do so. I am not sure why this is the case.

I will say go ahead and call them ASAP, cos it shows how serious u are, and how much u want to go to the school. Good luck.

I agree!:) I'm sure they understand how stressed out we all are. Don't worry ... They do not get annoyed at all. They are more than willing to answer questions. You can also call Barbara Lewis (director of counseling and advisement). I have had at least one conversation with everybody in that office from the secretaries on up!:laugh: I even called the lady who did my one-on-one interview b/c she gave me her card at the end of the interview. I'm sure she was suprised that I actually used it, but she was helpful as well.

but his class was so easy.. unlike Dubois class!!!

Yeah, it was very easy. I'm still of the opinion that he should not have turned the class into listen-to-me-while-I-mindlessly-read-my-notes-using-my-monotonous-voice sessions. He could have used that little book he made us buy to have in depth discussions of diseases caused by various organisms--not just "Oh, Staph causes boils and Strep causes rheumatic fever, etc." Microbiology can be a very fun class! I still love it despite of him.

With Dr. Dubois at least I learned something that I would not have learned from my book or dvd. Hard to believe right? You know how he set up equations when comparing 2 systems like car 1 or car 2? Yeah, I learned that from him. There are some other things I learned from him I just don't remember now..I'm too tired from work.

You know how he set up equations when comparing 2 systems like car 1 or car 2? Yeah, I learned that from him. There are some other things I learned from him I just don't remember now..I'm too tired from work.

No i don't. I actually have no idea what ur talking about hahaha

Did anyone else get the e-mail to take the survey of UH enrollment services? By the way the link doesn't work.

Do they really expect the students to give them a good review when our Financial Aid awards haven't even been processed yet?:smuggrin:

For those of you who had Dr. Dubious this semester, was it just me or was his final just absurd? When I finished the multiple choice I thought, "That wasn't too bad I'm glad I'm done so I can get lunch before my biochemistry final"...then I turned the page to realize there were 10 or so free response questions left! Oh I wanted to yell at the teacher for being so cruel, and the sad thing is that he knows he is and he thinks it's funny. Never take that guy, he's a horrible teacher.

For those of you who had Dr. Dubious this semester, was it just me or was his final just absurd? When I finished the multiple choice I thought, "That wasn't too bad I'm glad I'm done so I can get lunch before my biochemistry final"...then I turned the page to realize there were 10 or so free response questions left! Oh I wanted to yell at the teacher for being so cruel, and the sad thing is that he knows he is and he thinks it's funny. Never take that guy, he's a horrible teacher.

the guy is an absolute douche bag (excuse my language). yea i felt the same exact way about the final. i was expecting maybe 2 or 3 free response questions but not like 12 of em. i maybe got done with 1/2 of them and that's it. when we were turning our tests in... i looked over at the guy next to me and he still wasn't done with the MC section. i was like.. dang. it was bad enough that we had to show our work on the MC.. why the heck did he have to go and put 12 free response questions on there (each having 4 or 5 questions of their own). so glad im not with him. the dude is absolutley pathetic.. so glad i gave him horrible reviews on the evaluation

Did anyone else get the e-mail to take the survey of UH enrollment services? By the way the link doesn't work.

Do they really expect the students to give them a good review when our Financial Aid awards haven't even been processed yet?:smuggrin:

I didn't get that email...

Future P1s, do you think if the upper level science classes will make my application packet nicer? for example physics 2, molecular microbio,biochemistry, cal 2? Does UH COP only look into pre-requist classes GPA or also pay attention to the upper level science clases we have done?
I'm planing my pre-parmacy classes list and hoping get some advise from you UH students .

Future P1s, do you think if the upper level science classes will make my application packet nicer? for example physics 2, molecular microbio,biochemistry, cal 2? Does UH COP only look into pre-requist classes GPA or also pay attention to the upper level science clases we have done?
I'm planing my pre-parmacy classes list and hoping get some advise from you UH students .

There's a part in the UH application where you will be asked if you have completed the following courses:
Human anatomy and physiology
Biochemistry
Immunology
If you really want to take upper level classes, take those. However, Mr. Ely told me that that part of the application is basically just a survey for them to gauge where the incoming students are academically.
Don't waste your time taking physics 2 (unless you want to apply to TSU) and Cal 2 (unless you're working on a degree). Also, UH only looks at your pre-requisite GPA(correct me, someone, if I am wrong).

There's a part in the UH application where you will be asked if you have completed the following courses:
Biochemistry
Immunology
If you really want to take upper level classes, take those. However, Mr. Ely told me that that part of the application is basically just a survey for them to gauge where the incoming students are academically.
Don't waste your time taking physics 2 (unless you want to apply to TSU) and Cal 2 (unless you're working on a degree). Also, UH only looks at your pre-requisite GPA(correct me, someone, if I am wrong).

Thanks very much, Ethyl. no needing to take physics 2 and cal 2 is a good news.:)

Ethyl, I thought you would be in the Philipines by now.

Biochemistry
Immunology

one more detail, do you mean A&P II?

one more detail, do you mean A&P II?

I, II, or I and II. Doesn't make much difference considering the thread under which you have posted. Ethyl Methyl has give you some fantastic advice. Good luck!

Way to blow my cover, CPhT :eek:

Anyway, I'm not going for another 3 weeks. I thought I'd get things such as turning in my Spring semester transcript, registration, etc. settled first before I go. I can't wait though. :hardy:

Oh, thanks Dienophile!

Also, UH only looks at your pre-requisite GPA(correct me, someone, if I am wrong).[/quote]

I'm pretty sure they look at your entire GPA, not just the pre-reqs. When I was accepted they broke your GPA into two parts: 1)overall 2)science/math.

Sorry guys, didn't pull Ethyl Methyl's quote over properly. Now my comment should make sense.

I believe they look at ur pre-Pharm GPA, science/Math GPA and Over all GPA. But what counts most is ur Pre-pharm GPA and science/ Math GPA.

Way to blow my cover, CPhT :eek:

Anyway, I'm not going for another 3 weeks. I thought I'd get things such as turning in my Spring semester transcript, registration, etc. settled first before I go. I can't wait though. :hardy:

Oh, thanks Dienophile!

When is the deadline to turn in our transcripts, cos my acceptance letter never said I should turn it in.

I, II, or I and II. Doesn't make much difference considering the thread under which you have posted. Ethyl Methyl has give you some fantastic advice. Good luck!

Apparently the above post offended a fellow SDN member. I will not apologize, but I will clarify.
This is the UHCOP thread. UHCOP, as Ethyl Methyl stated looks at your upper level course work only to judge where possible incoming students are acedemically. Therefore, you may take A&P I, A&P II, or both, and at this time it will not affect the admissions decision (per Morgan Ely- director of admissions for UHCOP).

Apparently the above post offended a fellow SDN member. I will not apologize, but I will clarify.
This is the UHCOP thread. UHCOP, as Ethyl Methyl stated looks at your upper level course work only to judge where possible incoming students are acedemically. Therefore, you may take A&P I, A&P II, or both, and at this time it will not affect the admissions decision (per Morgan Ely- director of admissions for UHCOP).

And by the way, selling my UHCOP P1 books via this thread did make a difference. I had plenty of money to party my *** off the night after my last UHCOP final.

thanks, I will certainly take A&P I and II. I believe it will help me handle my future pharmacy knowledge.

When is the deadline to turn in our transcripts, cos my acceptance letter never said I should turn it in.

There is no deadline but since I was still taking 2 pre-req classes in the spring I'm just assuming that I need to turn my grades in to meet the conditions set for my acceptance. I'm just dotting all my i's and crossing my t's before going away to relax. I don't want to stress about small details when I am halfway across the globe trying to relax for the first time in 3 years!

Besides, no harm can be done by turning them in. They can note it or trash it, as long as I met my end of the bargain I should be fine.

And by the way, selling my UHCOP P1 books via this thread did make a difference. I had plenty of money to party my *** off the night after my last UHCOP final.
I asked the future P1 students on this titled "UH 2008" thread. I didn't ask someone who was selling the cope of book. You had plenty of money to party your *** ? good for you!

Dianer,

You might think about being a little nicer to the Future P1's and Future P2's on this thread. They helped all of us with getting in and answering our questions, and would do the same for you. It is not a good thing to burn your bridges before you start.

You're right dianer. :laugh: Actually your not, but my momma always told me that you cannot win an arguement with an idiot or someone who does not understand the language you are using. That being said, I will leave you with some unsolicited advice:
1. Work on your reading comprehension skills. You took offense to some rather benign remarks. You completely confused assistance with attack.:rolleyes:
2. Work on your english grammar and usage. Your posts are very hard to decipher.
3. Grow some thicker skin.:cool:
4. Finally, do not worry. You will never recieve anymore advice / help / assistance from me unless of course you read that which I post for other's benefit.:D

Good luck getting into pharmacy school. I think you are going to need it.:luck:
English is my third language and I've been speaking it for three years. Even though I'm very proud of my language ability, I'm always working on it.

Dianer,

You might think about being a little nicer to the Future P1's and Future P2's on this thread. They helped all of us with getting in and answering our questions, and would do the same for you. It is not a good thing to burn your bridges before you start.
Thanks,

Dienophile, if I misunderstood you, I apologize. I think everyone came SDN in order to get information. Every pre-pharmacy student need not only information but also courage.
If you felt I was aggressing, I apologize too. Be honestely, I'm not in good mood these two days.