UF Class of 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I put in for Orlando as my first choice because its closer to me. I think that might have made a difference. I thought it was weird that they didn't have a student ambassador from Orlando. Thinking about it now it was probably because there was no need. Was anyone looking to be placed in Gainesville or Jacksonville?
It doesn’t make a difference what campus you picked. If you are accepted you are in, if Orlando was full you would just get the campus you chose as your second choice. They didn’t have an ambassador for Orlando present at my interview either and that was 09/21/2018. I was accepted to the Orlando campus.
If you applied early decision you would have had your interview in September or October because the school had to give you a decision by October 19th. Unless you were missing some elements of your application (like transcripts, LOR, etc) I don’t see why you were not interviewed with the rest of us early decision applicants.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I put in for Orlando as my first choice because its closer to me. I think that might have made a difference. I thought it was weird that they didn't have a student ambassador from Orlando. Thinking about it now it was probably because there was no need. Was anyone looking to be placed in Gainesville or Jacksonville?
Yes, I put in for Jax.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey! has anyone been to the welcome to the pharmily events? i have mine coming up and I'm kind of nervous about it. how did it go for you guys?

hey! has anyone been to the welcome to the pharmily events? i have mine coming up and I'm kind of nervous about it. how did it go for you guys?

I had mine in March. It went well. Absolutely no need to be nervous. At the Orlando campus we just had a presentation from a professor. Then we got a chance to ask the student ambassadors some questions in small groups. The different organizations set up posters and we got to go around the room to the different student organizations leaders and ask questions then there was a apple cider toast. We ended with a optional tour of the campus. It might be different for you because I think the event is organized by the student ambassadors at the respective campuses.

I had mine in March. It went well. Absolutely no need to be nervous. At the Orlando campus we just had a presentation from a professor. Then we got a chance to ask the student ambassadors some questions in small groups. The different organizations set up posters and we got to go around the room to the different student organizations leaders and ask questions then there was a apple cider toast. We ended with a optional tour of the campus. It might be different for you because I think the event is organized by the student ambassadors at the respective campuses.
Thank you! mine was kind of the same. We didn't have the poster set up for the different organizations but everything was consolidated into a powerpoint. But yes they did answer a lot of questions like yours and had a lot of info in general.

Hello all, if anyone has any comments on why they chose one campus over the other Jax, Gainesville, Orlando. I would love to hear your reasoning