UF Class of 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No interview yet :/ I submitted my application and got the “Application under review” email on 1/2/19.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Spoke too soon, just received an interview offer!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

hey congrats!! good luck on your interview!

i was wondering, is anyone planning on attending the "welcome to the pharmily" event? what days are you guys planning on attending?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey congrats!! good luck on your interview!

i was wondering, is anyone planning on attending the "welcome to the pharmily" event? what days are you guys planning on attending?

Was there an invite sent? I haven’t heard anything about this event.

hey guys, I'm so nervous. submitted my application supper late 1/29 and did not hear anything back yet. Do you guys think they still need more people since they extended their deadline? also which campus do you think is better? and why?

hey guys, I'm so nervous. submitted my application supper late 1/29 and did not hear anything back yet. Do you guys think they still need more people since they extended their deadline? also which campus do you think is better? and why?
Is Pharmcas finished verifying your application? UF will send you an email once they receive your application to let you know they are reviewing it. I applied early decision so I can’t really provide you with a timeline.

I think they are giving people the opportunity to take the February PCAT since PCAT testing window is limited (compared to other tests like the MCAT).

As far as which campus, I think it depends on you. Each campus has it’s advantages. I chose Orlando because I lived here my whole life and I know the area. Look up each campus and decide which is best for you. Gainesville is the main campus and has the most seats.

Reactions: 1 user
Is Pharmcas finished verifying your application? UF will send you an email once they receive your application to let you know they are reviewing it. I applied early decision so I can’t really provide you with a timeline.

I think they are giving people the opportunity to take the February PCAT since PCAT testing window is limited (compared to other tests like the MCAT).

As far as which campus, I think it depends on you. Each campus has it’s advantages. I chose Orlando because I lived here my whole life and I know the area. Look up each campus and decide which is best for you. Gainesville is the main campus and has the most seats.

They said my application is under review but they never said anything else. I wonder how long they usually take to send an interview?

Campus wise I found that not all the campuses have the same programs. and I wanted to know if it's only me who is worried about the dual programs or that is something everybody cares about.

They said my application is under review but they never said anything else. I wonder how long they usually take to send an interview?

Campus wise I found that not all the campuses have the same programs. and I wanted to know if it's only me who is worried about the dual programs or that is something everybody cares about.
In regards to campuses, they all have the same curriculum. Using the conferencing system most of our classes are interconnected with all 3 campuses. From what I heard when asking questions at my interview, the only difference if there is any is the different research opportunities based on location. I also chose the Orlando campus as my first choice and got it. But, I’m hearing from a few people who have gotten accepted after the most recent wave of interviews who put Orlando as their first choice and didn’t get it. They got Gainesville instead. So I believe Orlando was the more popular campus this year.

I applied in February and I’m waiting to hear back for an interview, has anyone heard back recently for new interview slots?

I’m in the same boat, did you hear back yet?
I'm in the same boat too, but they asked me last Friday for my latest transcript then they told me that they should be reviewing applications this Thursday. fingers crossed we should hear from them by Friday.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same boat too, but they asked me last Friday for my latest transcript then they told me that they should be reviewing applications this Thursday. fingers crossed we should hear from them by Friday.
Ok please update if you hear anything and I’ll
Do the same! Fingers crossed!

Finally got an interview appointment 4/12 :happy:
Congrats!! I’m also waiting patiently to hear back from them, I was just wondering if you didn’t mind sharing what your gpa and your pcat scores were? I’m starting to get nervous mine may be too low!

Hello potential classmates for Jacksonville campus! I have an interview on 4/12. Anyone on here for the Jax campus?

Finally got an interview appointment 4/12 :happy:
Hello, I'm interviewing on 4/12 also. You should consider the Jacksonville campus, I hear that if you ask for that campus that it is a much higher possibility you will get it, because the seats aren't filled up as quickly as the other campuses.

Hello, I'm interviewing on 4/12 also. You should consider the Jacksonville campus, I hear that if you ask for that campus that it is a much higher possibility you will get it, because the seats aren't filled up as quickly as the other campuses.
The Gainesville campus has the most seats at over 130 (not sure of the exact). Jacksonville only has about 40 seats and Orlando has 75 (I think the seats have been filled because they already scheduled both “Meet the Pharmily” events very early). So choose the campus that works best for you. We will all be seeing the same lectures via video conferencing anyway. Also, if you get accepted you will have a seat at either campus. That is why they just ask for your preference.

The Gainesville campus has the most seats at over 130 (not sure of the exact). Jacksonville only has about 40 seats and Orlando has 75 (I think the seats have been filled because they already scheduled both “Meet the Pharmily” events very early). So choose the campus that works best for you. We will all be seeing the same lectures via video conferencing anyway. Also, if you get accepted you will have a seat at either campus. That is why they just ask for your preference.

I got it. It went to my promotions folder for some reason. I RSVP’d for the March 20th session.
If your interview was March 20th have you heard back yet? The admissions rep I spoke to said they will have an answer for me 1 week after my interview. Is it taking longer for you?

If your interview was March 20th have you heard back yet? The admissions rep I spoke to said they will have an answer for me 1 week after my interview. Is it taking longer for you?

No I got accepted back in September because I applied early decision. I knew a week after my interview.
March 20th was one of the dates for the Meet the Pharmily event for the Orlando campus.

Last edited:
No I got accepted back in September because I applied early decision. I knew a week after my interview.
March 20th was one of the dates for the Meet the Pharmily event for the Orlando campus.
Okay that’s awesome! I just wanted to make sure when they told me it would be within a week, it was truly a week. Congratulations too :)

Thanks! Good luck on your interview Friday.
Do you have any interview advice with UF? With other schools I’ve done MMI style and also formal style (one on one) and a group interview. I’m getting a little nervous.

Do you have any interview advice with UF? With other schools I’ve done MMI style and also formal style (one on one) and a group interview. I’m getting a little nervous.
You will have 2 interviewers. And it is only 20 minutes. It was more conversational than I expected. Have answers prepared for the common interview questions, which I am sure you have since you have been to other interviews. Have some questions prepared for the end of the interview. I just asked one of my interviewers specific questions about his specialty. But you can have more general questions about the school.

Last edited:
Has anyone who interviewed on 4/12 heard back yet?!?!
Hello, I also interviewed on 4/12, and I have not heard anything yet. Your post somehow makes me feel relieved that I am not the only one! :penguin:

Hello there, (we walked into the interview area together on 4/12). Have you heard anything yet?

Hello, I also interviewed on 4/12, and I have not heard anything yet. Your post somehow makes me feel relieved that I am not the only one! :penguin:
I also interviewed on 4/12 and no word yet. I was in the blue group.

Hello there, (we walked into the interview area together on 4/12). Have you heard anything yet?
Hiiii! :) And no I haven't heard anything yet! It is rather frustrating because I was told that by Friday (today) I would have my decision, according to Mary Beth.

If anyone gets their response from the 4/12 interview please let us know on here!

So, I think that UF might have closed on Friday because of the Hurricane, and also maybe Good Friday???

I wonder how many people in total are on the waiting list. What are our chances really? And are we ranked?

Does anybody know any stats regarding the UF waiting list???:cautious:

Guys, I don't know if they put everybody who interviewed that day on the waitlist or not, but I was as well and someone else I meet at the interview day was also put on the waitlist. But if those many people are on the waitlist I'm sure not so many of us will get in especially that I believe not many people will drop their seats there !!

I just sent out a mass email to all the recipients of that financial aid email we got. I'm asking if majority of people who interviewed 4/12 got wait listed or if there were actually any acceptances of denials, we'll see :pompous:

I also got waitlisted too! I also was very adamant about getting the Orlando Campus which supposedly is already full- I don't know if that made a difference. I already had planned on going to another school before I even interviewed, I just wanted to have another interview day experience so I went anyway to see if something might happen to change my mind. So it doesn't really change much for me that I'm waitlisted... however I do find it very strange so many people are waitlisted. I wonder if anyone got in! I told admissions to put me on the alternate list because I still want to see if I'll get in for some reason because I'm curious. No matter what school you go to, if you start this cycle we'll all have Dr. in front of our names in 2023.

I sent in my application mid february :smack:How about you?
I actually applied for early admission back in September so im not sure what took them so long to actually consider me. Im going to have to ask about that. I think they might have been waiting for my fall grades but still you submitted in mid feb and got the same interview date so something doesn't add up. We will see I guess hopefully they get to the list.

I put in for Orlando as my first choice because its closer to me. I think that might have made a difference. I thought it was weird that they didn't have a student ambassador from Orlando. Thinking about it now it was probably because there was no need. Was anyone looking to be placed in Gainesville or Jacksonville?