UF c/o 2014... It Begins!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had my interview on the 19th, haven't heard anything yet. I need to take CPR so will let you know if I get in! Thanks..

Your actually home early! :laugh: Hope you find out something soon. Let me know when you do!

Members don't see this ad :)
ROFTL! Howard, I was so busy responding to the post that initiated the need for a 'chill pill' I didn't even check the dosage...whoa!

What is ROFTL? My guess would be, "Right On! Flowing Through Lakes." Which I must say is a rather odd thing to say.

You are going to have to get in the habit of checking the dosage...that is what being a pharmacist is all about...although in all fairness, the pill is scored, so you could just take half a pill at a time.
Just don't ask me to help you with the math. I have a Bachelors in Mathematics...but as my 10th grade math teacher used to say, I am good at the higher math stuff, not arithmetic.
The sad thing is that ever since 7th grade, I have known that there are 2.2 pounds in a kilogram, I just got a wee bit flustered. So, lets try again: 250,000 mg = 250 g = (.25 kg) x (2.2 lb/kg) = .55 lb so, I would still suggest drinking a lot of water. Now, if the pill were made exclusively of chocolate, then I would say to take 2 or 3 of them at a time.

Last edited:
I got my conditional acceptance to the Jax campus this mourn!!!...check ur email!!!

What is ROFTL? My guess would be, "Right On! Flowing Through Lakes." Which I must say is a rather odd thing to say.
You are going to have to get in the habit of checking the dosage

Haha, right you are! ROFTL, lol, how about "Replying On Forum Too Late" :D

I initially RSVPed for the St Pete interview on May 17th, but I guess since I waited until the last minute I never got the second email. Penny and Kristi contacted me about attending the one on June 4th (but for St Pete). I had to make a decision and there were a lot of things I had to consider (pre-reqs, my full time job, cost of living vs private tuition, etc) and I just had to decide. :-/

Sorry, but I can be pretty dense. I am not good at reading between the lines, so you will just have to hit me with a brick in order for me to get the message. I assume you are saying that you decided against UF?

Pitty, well at least you know that you would have gotten in (pending the interview outcome.)

Is GA that much cheaper in terms of cost of living than St. Pete? I would have thought it was pretty comparable....or is part of it that since Mercer (I believe that is the other school) has higher tuition, you can get more financial aid to not only cover the higher tuition, but you get a percentage of the higher tuition amount and the percentage is over 100%, so the financial aid leaves extra money left over?

Anyway, is there anything I can do to get you to reconsider? I will be attending in Orlando (or as I like to call it Apopka,) but all of the distance campuses have such a wonderful "one big family/study group" atmosphere. I just don't think you can get that at any other school (including the Gville campus.)

And with about 49 family members rooting/motivating/bringing-out-the-best-in-you, there is just about no way to flunk out. As my father always told me, "Families that do a PharmD program together, ??? together!" I forget what goes where I put the question marks...but I assure you, it is a very good thing!!! I think it was "Families that do a PharmD program together, make awesome pharmacists together (or even hundreds of miles apart!)" Now that I think about it, it may have been, "excel" or "rock-da-pharm-school" or "have the best pharm experience ever."

Regardless, you get my point.

On behalf of myself (in clear conscience, I can't speak for anybody else), you will be missed at UF.:(

Hey buddy. I also got my acceptence. You and I had our tour together in jacksonville. I am so happy for you and me. Can't wait to share the next four academic years together. If you don't remember me, I was the other dude.

Hey buddy. I also got my acceptence. You and I had our tour together in jacksonville. I am so happy for you and me. Can't wait to share the next four academic years together. If you don't remember me, I was the other dude.

Yea I know bro the next four years will def be one heck of a ride...Do you know if we can enter the lottery yet for football tickets? I'm trying to get on those asap...I think the last day you can sign up is June 4th

It's really surprising how some of those factors (like tuition cost, for example) don't seem to be as important when there are other factors 'at stake'. I totally understand. The cost of living vs private tuition is something I've been tooling around with myself.

Yeah it was tough because a lot of people around me were pushing for UF. My family made it especially hard, they didn't want me to leave, and previously I could get them to leave me alone by saying I was going to get rejected for sure. haha My mom was married to her first husband while he was in pharmacy school at UF, and my godfather attended nursing school there, and has a gator tattooed on his ankle... so you can imagine how much pressure I had. lol

I totally forgot about my Bears signature... but I think it only shows up on my first post of each page??? Not sure. lol

Sorry, but I can be pretty dense. I am not good at reading between the lines, so you will just have to hit me with a brick in order for me to get the message. I assume you are saying that you decided against UF?

Pitty, well at least you know that you would have gotten in (pending the interview outcome.)

Is GA that much cheaper in terms of cost of living than St. Pete? I would have thought it was pretty comparable....or is part of it that since Mercer (I believe that is the other school) has higher tuition, you can get more financial aid to not only cover the higher tuition, but you get a percentage of the higher tuition amount and the percentage is over 100%, so the financial aid leaves extra money left over?

Anyway, is there anything I can do to get you to reconsider? I will be attending in Orlando (or as I like to call it Apopka,) but all of the distance campuses have such a wonderful "one big family/study group" atmosphere. I just don't think you can get that at any other school (including the Gville campus.)

And with about 49 family members rooting/motivating/bringing-out-the-best-in-you, there is just about no way to flunk out. As my father always told me, "Families that do a PharmD program together, ??? together!" I forget what goes where I put the question marks...but I assure you, it is a very good thing!!! I think it was "Families that do a PharmD program together, make awesome pharmacists together (or even hundreds of miles apart!)" Now that I think about it, it may have been, "excel" or "rock-da-pharm-school" or "have the best pharm experience ever."

Regardless, you get my point.

On behalf of myself (in clear conscience, I can't speak for anybody else), you will be missed at UF.:(

Yeah... I just didn't think it would be fair to take off work again (lots of issues right now, but that's another story), attend the interview, etc if I wasn't really sure. But yeah... the cost of living is lower in Atlanta. I reserved an apartment in a complex that shares a fence with the pharmacy school, and since I am living alone, the one bedrooms are around 450-650/month depending on size/amenities. In St Pete I haven't found anything within that range, or as nice and/or close to the campus. In Miami it was like 1000/month to live in a safe/decent area. That definitely wasn't the main factor, but it does matter a little since it takes stress away that I can focus on school instead.

Anyway... you make me laugh with your posts... lol I think all of you would make awesome classmates... I might do intern hours or rotations in FL though. I just need to get a break from down here and focus on school. lol

Yeah it was tough because a lot of people around me were pushing for UF. My family made it especially hard, they didn't want me to leave...My mom was married to her first husband while he was in pharmacy school at UF, and my godfather attended nursing school there, and has a gator tattooed on his ankle... so you can imagine how much pressure I had...
Anyway... you make me laugh with your posts... lol I think all of you would make awesome classmates... I might do intern hours or rotations in FL though...

Well it is with a heavy heart that I throw in the towel and give up attempting to Gatorize you. If your moms and godfather can't do it, then who am I to think I can? I would make great efforts to convince you, but getting a tattoo is further than I am willing to go.

It was nice to hear that I make you laugh, after all, Reader's Digest says that Laughter is the Best Medicine. As a future pharmacist, dispencing good medicine is all I can hope for. Although doubtful, perhaps we will cross paths during a rotation...or working after graduation.

If taking off another day from work was a major contributor to your decision, then I suspect that you could contact UF and get a "special" interview day that will fit around your work schedule. They may even be able to see you on a Saturday? (Of course, they wouldn't want that to become a common thing for them to have to do.)

Also, regarding the cost of living...I think that having from 1 to 3 roommates who are in the same program as you would be awesome! You would have the exact same class and exam schedules, same priorities, same values, etc. That should get the rent down.

But, alas, I suspect your decision is made. My wife has a friend who has a daugher who started pharmacy at Mercer last year. She is very happy there. She never finished the UF application due to all of the supplemental essay questions.

A very wise man once told me, "Many different paths may provide the way to happiness. Each with its own unique benefits and shortcomings, but all ultimately leading to a similar destination. Enjoy the journey and may the wind be at your back and fair weather at your front."

In case you haven't guessed, the very wise man was me. For I am both very wise and eccentric in that I talk to myself. For although I can often find wise folks with whom to enjoy intelligent discourse, it is not often that I can find someone to appreciate my dry humor. Therefore, I must entertain myself. (Which is quite easy since, as many of my friends will tell you, I am easily amused.)

In fact, I love the movie, "I am Sam" where the mentally challenged person has a daughter and has a fantastic relationship with her and someone says to him, "Sean Penn, you get along great with Dakota Fanning now, but what will you do when she is 7 or 9 and you still have the mind of a 6 year old?"

I enjoy seeing things through a child's eyes, unjaded and full of possibilities.

Well, I have to go now, as you can no doubt see, I need to schedule some major therapy if I am going to get through pharm school.

Last edited:
Yeah it was tough because a lot of people around me were pushing for UF. My family made it especially hard, they didn't want me to leave, and previously I could get them to leave me alone by saying I was going to get rejected for sure. haha My mom was married to her first husband while he was in pharmacy school at UF, and my godfather attended nursing school there, and has a gator tattooed on his ankle... so you can imagine how much pressure I had. lol

I totally forgot about my Bears signature... but I think it only shows up on my first post of each page??? Not sure. lol

Yeah... I just didn't think it would be fair to take off work again (lots of issues right now, but that's another story), attend the interview, etc if I wasn't really sure. But yeah... the cost of living is lower in Atlanta. I reserved an apartment in a complex that shares a fence with the pharmacy school, and since I am living alone, the one bedrooms are around 450-650/month depending on size/amenities. In St Pete I haven't found anything within that range, or as nice and/or close to the campus. In Miami it was like 1000/month to live in a safe/decent area. That definitely wasn't the main factor, but it does matter a little since it takes stress away that I can focus on school instead.

Anyway... you make me laugh with your posts... lol I think all of you would make awesome classmates... I might do intern hours or rotations in FL though. I just need to get a break from down here and focus on school. lol

:(

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone in Jacksonville still need to do CPR?

I just got an email that I have been granted "conditional acceptance" for Jax campus!! I still need to do CPR so if you are trying to get a group together, I'm in! Please let me know.

I got this:

Thank you for submitting the requested documentation from the conditional admissions packet. All materials have been documented and this portion of your file is complete. You will be contacted regarding other components shortly. Welcome to the University of Florida College of Pharmacy.

Thank you

I got this email today too. It feels good to be this far along in the process! :luck:

I got this email today too. It feels good to be this far along in the process! :luck:

I am a little jealous!!! Glad you got that email back! I still haven't heard about the transcripts I sent. Hopefully it is enough.

I hope I am not late. I just started working on my paperwork. Been super busy with work and family. Just finished the background check today and signed up for a CPR class.
BTW, I signed up for the American Heart Association's "BLS for Hearthcare Provider", would this satisfy UF's CPR requirement?

I just found the following on the UFCOP website: "Mac's with any software enabling it to run XP, Vista or 7 is acceptable."

So, Mac's are officially allowed. I guess UF's technical support just won't help you with them...but UF's technical support won't help you much with Windows either, so no great loss.

http://coplin.cop.ufl.edu/students/resources/requirements/

Click on the link above, then click on "Entry-Level PharmD"

Then you will see a line with each of the following which are links and you have to read each one:

"Hardware Internet Software Security Accessories OS"

It looks like only the Hardware tab was updated for 2010 since all the other tabs reference 2009...but there probably aren't any changes. The only change to the hardware was to allow an iPad with the understanding that if it doesn't work out then you will need to buy an iTouch or iPhone as well.

Last edited:
I hope I am not late. I just started working on my paperwork. Been super busy with work and family. Just finished the background check today and signed up for a CPR class.
BTW, I signed up for the American Heart Association's "BLS for Hearthcare Provider", would this satisfy UF's CPR requirement?

You are good with your paperwork in terms of deadlines...as long as you have the MMR vaccine and Hepatitis B vaccine. The MMR requires 2 shots 30 days apart.

For the Hepatitis B vaccine, it is 3 shots: first a shot; second 30 days later; third 5 months later. They would like you to have the first 2 shots by July 1st. Which is weird since they give us until April 2011 to complete it. You could start it in October and still complete it by April 2011...but they still want the first 2 shots done by July 1st.

So, you need your first MMR shot and first Hepatitis shot ASAP in order to get the second of each by July 1st. Note: you cannot get a TB skin test within 30 days of an MMR shot, so you have to do that the same day as the first MMR shot.

Regarding the CPR class, I am pretty sure that class is the correct one, but I would contact UFCOP to confirm...otherwise, you may be wasting your time and money.

You are good with your paperwork in terms of deadlines...as long as you have the MMR vaccine and Hepatitis B vaccine. The MMR requires 2 shots 30 days apart.

For the Hepatitis B vaccine, it is 3 shots: first a shot; second 30 days later; third 5 months later. They would like you to have the first 2 shots by July 1st. Which is weird since they give us until April 2011 to complete it. You could start it in October and still complete it by April 2011...but they still want the first 2 shots done by July 1st.

So, you need your first MMR shot and first Hepatitis shot ASAP in order to get the second of each by July 1st. Note: you cannot get a TB skin test within 30 days of an MMR shot, so you have to do that the same day as the first MMR shot.

I have my MMR done when I started college but none for Hepatitis B, I am not sure if I would be able to make the second shot by July 1st. I will try the first one today during lunch. I will check with my Doc. Hopefully they will let me turn in all the stuff and I can just update them about the second shot by July 1st. Thanks for the Help!

It looks like only the Hardware tab was updated for 2010 since all the other tabs reference 2009...but there probably aren't any changes. The only change to the hardware was to allow an iPad with the understanding that if it doesn't work out then you will need to buy an iTouch or iPhone as well.

Just wondering is anyone planning on getting an ipad? I have to buy one of the three and I probably won't get the iphone just because I'm not up for an upgrade so I would have to pay full price for it. I'm just wondering between the ipod touch and ipad if there would be an advantage/disadvantage of one over the other.

Just wondering is anyone planning on getting an ipad? I have to buy one of the three and I probably won't get the iphone just because I'm not up for an upgrade so I would have to pay full price for it. I'm just wondering between the ipod touch and ipad if there would be an advantage/disadvantage of one over the other.

I personally would do the iPod touch over the iPad because of portabilty, you can wear the iPod touch in a holster, you probably could with the iPad, but it would look like you were wearing a TV screen on your belt, which might be a little odd :laugh:, not to mention the fact that the iPod Touch has a proved track record over many years, while iPad is newer (and it states that if you encounter problems using the iPad they will expect you to buy one of the others).

I just found the following on the UFCOP website: "Mac's with any software enabling it to run XP, Vista or 7 is acceptable."

So, Mac's are officially allowed. I guess UF's technical support just won't help you with them...but UF's technical support won't help you much with Windows either, so no great loss.

http://coplin.cop.ufl.edu/students/resources/requirements/

Click on the link above, then click on "Entry-Level PharmD"

Then you will see a line with each of the following which are links and you have to read each one:

"Hardware Internet Software Security Accessories OS"

As a mac fanatic, I really dislike these rules......considering all of the stuff needed...might just need to buy a netbook --- a webcam is needed, really?

Ugh!

hi :) i have a question for those of you who took the CPR class through AHA~~~ do we have to buy the BLS for healthcare providers manual?? :/ or is that not necessary... thank you!

I too was wondering if I should get the itouch or ipad. Though the itouch is more portable the ipad would be easier to use in regards to surfing the internet which I've heard is what we really need it for.

I too was wondering if I should get the itouch or ipad. Though the itouch is more portable the ipad would be easier to use in regards to surfing the internet which I've heard is what we really need it for.

I was told we need it for taking quizzes and for using programs like eppocrates (drug information) while doing our rotations and things. Both of those are why I would pick the smaller item for portability. I hadn't heard anything about surfing the net on it. I assumed that was why we were still required to get a laptop to do the internet stuff.

As a mac fanatic, I really dislike these rules......considering all of the stuff needed...might just need to buy a netbook --- a webcam is needed, really?

Ugh!

I don't understand your comment. As a Mac fanatic, why not get a Mac, since UF allows that?

Also, a netbook will NOT meet the requirements. As far as I know, any netbook will not be 2 GHz processor, although I'm not sure.

I assume we need the webcam to have discussions across all campuses simultaneously so people can see you...but that is only a guess.

Regradless, just get a USB camera for $10 or $20. No big deal, it doesn't have to be built into the laptop.

Can't all Mac's run XP programs nowadays? I'm not sure, I'm not a Mac person, but I think so. If you alrady have a Mac laptop, you are probably fine.

Based on my discussions with the 1 PD's and 2 PD's at my interview, the only time they "inspect" your laptop is at orientation...and they only look for the encryption software...they don't even check CPU speed or amount of memory or any of the other requirements. Any old basic laptop is fine.

To be frugal, go with a used iTouch. Then, when we start doing rotations, if you want a better one, get a new one in two years (or, a newer used one of the then current generation.)

You can get a used one for under $100. If you do get a new one, wait until August since they are coming out with a new Generation over the summer and I heard it will be in July.

Also, you can buy a used one with a cracked glass (which has a built in digitizer) and you can buy a replacement glass/digitizer for under $15 on E-Bay and replace it yourself (instruction videos on youtube.)

Personally, I would recommend a 2nd generation over the 1st generation. The 1st generation will meet UF requirements but it won't run all of the current available apps.

The current models sold are (A) the 8 gig WHICH IS A 2ND GENERATION, and (B) 32 gig or (C) 64 gig which are 3rd generation...so, buy an old 2nd generation and just update the OS for $4.99 [or for free if you go to itunes, turn off your iTouch, hold down the home button and then plug in the USB cable...that will put your iTouch into Restore mode and it will offer you the latest OS (Operating System) which is 3.1.3 for free]

A 2nd or 3rd generation will have the volume up down bottons on the left side of the iTouch. (The 1st generation does not have a built in speaker and does not have the volume buttons on the side of the iTouch.)

My advice:
Install iTunes on your laptop.
Buy one on Craigslist and bring your laptop and headphones (MEET IN A PUBLIC PLACE LIKE MCDONALDS OR PUBLIX)
--Make sure it has the volume buttons on the left side (to ensure 2nd generation.)
--before you pay for it, plug it into your laptop and make sure it shows up on itunes, if it does, it is not broken.
--make sure you can hear sound through both the left and right headphones since very often, the headphone jack gets broken.
--if it has a severly cracked glass screen...no worries...replace it yourself for $15
--if the LCD is broken and it can't display the correct picture (unlikely) ... no worries ... replace it yourself for $15 from E-Bay
*** if you want a new battery...no worries ... under $10 on E-Bay, but you have to solder it in

From what I have seen, used ones go for around $140 on E-Bay and $80 to $100 on craigslist.

I made all of this sound more complicated than I had to...but it will ensure you get a good working iTouch.

I will change your battery or cracked glass for free, buy I live in Central Florida and you would have to meet me there.

Since we need a laptop, I think an iPad would be extremely silly. We can obviously surf the internet on our laptop.

Ugh!

Most macs, at least the newest macbooks and macbook pros have a webcam built into the laptop. I bought a macbook less than six months ago and am really glad that they are allowing macs!

To be frugal, go with a used iTouch. Then, when we start doing rotations, if you want a better one, get a new one in two years (or, a newer used one of the then current generation.)

You can get a used one for under $100. If you do get a new one, wait until August since they are coming out with a new Generation over the summer and I heard it will be in July.

Also, you can buy a used one with a cracked glass (which has a built in digitizer) and you can buy a replacement glass/digitizer for under $15 on E-Bay and replace it yourself (instruction videos on youtube.)

Personally, I would recommend a 2nd generation over the 1st generation. The 1st generation will meet UF requirements but it won't run all of the current available apps.

The current models sold are (A) the 8 gig WHICH IS A 2ND GENERATION, and (B) 32 gig or (C) 64 gig which are 3rd generation...so, buy an old 2nd generation and just update the OS for $4.99 [or for free if you go to itunes, turn off your iTouch, hold down the home button and then plug in the USB cable...that will put your iTouch into Restore mode and it will offer you the latest OS (Operating System) which is 3.1.3 for free]

A 2nd or 3rd generation will have the volume up down bottons on the left side of the iTouch. (The 1st generation does not have a built in speaker and does not have the volume buttons on the side of the iTouch.)

My advice:
Install iTunes on your laptop.
Buy one on Craigslist and bring your laptop and headphones (MEET IN A PUBLIC PLACE LIKE MCDONALDS OR PUBLIX)
--Make sure it has the volume buttons on the left side (to ensure 2nd generation.)
--before you pay for it, plug it into your laptop and make sure it shows up on itunes, if it does, it is not broken.
--make sure you can hear sound through both the left and right headphones since very often, the headphone jack gets broken.
--if it has a severly cracked glass screen...no worries...replace it yourself for $15
--if the LCD is broken and it can't display the correct picture (unlikely) ... no worries ... replace it yourself for $15 from E-Bay
*** if you want a new battery...no worries ... under $10 on E-Bay, but you have to solder it in

From what I have seen, used ones go for around $140 on E-Bay and $80 to $100 on craigslist.

I made all of this sound more complicated than I had to...but it will ensure you get a good working iTouch.

I will change your battery or cracked glass for free, buy I live in Central Florida and you would have to meet me there.

Since we need a laptop, I think an iPad would be extremely silly. We can obviously surf the internet on our laptop.

Thanks a lot! That helps! I will probably end up waiting for the new itouch when it comes out. Hopefully it is in July because I heard September.

Has anyone heard of the electronic requirements yet?
Like the Iphone (or Itouch) for example.

Where do we mail our verification back for Financial Aid? It didn't clearly say on the website, though there was an address in the upper right hand corner.

Did I miss it?

Hi Guys! I hope all of you are having a great summer :)
I have a question regarding immunizations. If your tetanus immunization expired a few months ago, does this mean that its MANDATORY to get a booster? On the form it says that it is recommended. :( I called the school and they said it was required and then I called another department and they said it was not...any thoughts on this would be appreciated! Thanks guys! :)

I have a question regarding immunizations. If your tetanus immunization expired a few months ago, does this mean that its MANDATORY to get a booster? On the form it says that it is recommended. :( I called the school and they said it was required and then I called another department and they said it was not...any thoughts on this would be appreciated! Thanks guys! :)

The long letter I got with my conditional admit said that it was mandatory to have an up to date Tetanus, Diptheria and Pertussis vaccine. This is a pharmacy school condition, so other parts of the school would have other recommendations.

I concur with PharmGrrlJax on this. Also, make sure to get the Tdap and not just a Tetanus toxoid booster. The "p" is for pertussis which is whooping caugh and it is mandatory.

I have contacted UFCOP regarding vaccines asking if they would allow me to get them during orientaiton week such that I could get them covered under the UF Health Insurance plan which takes effect Aug 14th. They said, no way, you have to pay full fare and get it done by July 1st. I wasn't pleased. They didn't seem to take my feelings into account which I felt was rather insensitive of them...but, I suppose they don't want to get caught with an empty seat at school just in case I don't follow through and complete all immunizations before the first day of classes.

************* Note: portions of this posting have been modified for dramatic effect and not all of the conversations contained herein took place verbatim, however, the spirit of said conversations were all actual and experienced by the author. ***********

Last edited:
I concur with PharmGrrlJax on this. Also, make sure to get the Tdap and not just a Tetanus toxoid booster. The "p" is for pertussis which is whooping caugh and it is mandatory.

I have contacted UFCOP regarding vaccines asking if they would allow me to get them during orientaiton week such that I could get them covered under the UF Health Insurance plan which takes effect Aug 14th. They said, no way, you have to pay full fare and get it done by July 1st. I wasn't pleased. They didn't seem to take my feelings into account which I felt was rather in sensitive of them.

************* Note: portions of this posting have been modified for dramatic effect and not all of the conversations contained herein took place verbatim, however, the spirit of said conversations were all actual and experienced by the author. ***********

I like it when people concur with what I say. I also concur with making sure you get the Tdap the first time, unlike myself, which didn't double check the paper work and only got the Td, which I still have a knot in my arm from, and I now have to still get the Tdap.:thumbdown:

Oops. I didn't read the letter correctly the first time around! *sigh* this one's gonna hurt :eek: haha, I guess I'll go to the school clinic and get it tomorrow! Thanks ya'll :)

So, fellow Orlando campus c/o 2014, did you all get the letter about the question and answer sessions planned for this summer? Anyone going? I am thinking about it, but I don't have any questions so it would be really awkward to go to a q&a session with no q...:D

Also, one week till our CPR class. Please let me know by monday if you will be attending.

I have a quick question for everyone who got the welcome e-mail yesterday from their respective campus regarding gatorlink accounts. I already have my gatorlink account set up, however I still got the e-mail through my yahoo e-mail. Did anyone actually get the e-mail through their gatorlink account? Also, I read the e-mail twice to make sure I wasn't missing anything, but does setting up a gatorlink account automatically set up an e-mail account? If so, will UF e-mail be sent through the actual gatorlink account so that you have to log into myUFL to check your e-mail? Sorry for all of the questions!

Also, good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow!!!!!

So, fellow Orlando campus c/o 2014, did you all get the letter about the question and answer sessions planned for this summer? Anyone going? I am thinking about it, but I don't have any questions so it would be really awkward to go to a q&a session with no q...:D

Also, one week till our CPR class. Please let me know by monday if you will be attending.

I fully agree...in fact, I felt the same way about the Open House last year since Marcy had answered all of my questions during a prior extensive phone call. But, as a certified Supreme Expert of All Things Relating to Getting Into UF PharmD Program, I felt that I should attend just to ensure that I don't get my status downgraded. As I recall, I did learn a thing or two. (No easy task for a know-it-all like me.)

In this current situation, I concur (yet again) with the Pharm Grrl, however, I will attend for 3 reasons (1) meet and greet fellow UFCOP c/o 2014 Orlando folks and (2) as stated in the e-mail, "We have done this event for the past five years and it has been very successful." from which I infer that I will get a lot out of it and (3) although not stated in the e-mail, I am hopeful that they will have ... FREE FOOD!!!!

I know the free food is a gamble, but it is a gamble I am willing to take.:laugh:

Also, you don't need to ask any questions...you can just sit there and listen to other people talk and pass notes to me making fun of the other students... you know the usual stuff, bad hairdo, ugly clothes, silly questions asked ... I can't think of a better way to spend my time...other than getting some FREE FOOD!!!

I have a quick question for everyone who got the welcome e-mail yesterday from their respective campus regarding gatorlink accounts. I already have my gatorlink account set up, however I still got the e-mail through my yahoo e-mail. Did anyone actually get the e-mail through their gatorlink account? Also, I read the e-mail twice to make sure I wasn't missing anything, but does setting up a gatorlink account automatically set up an e-mail account? If so, will UF e-mail be sent through the actual gatorlink account so that you have to log into myUFL to check your e-mail? Sorry for all of the questions!

Also, good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow!!!!!

Those of us attending the Orlando campus got an e-mail with the following subject:
Orlando Campus Q&A Sessions- Welcome

It stated the following: "This is just one of many e-mails you will receive from me in the next couple of weeks. Please note that until further into the Summer, I will be e-mailing you to this e-mail we have on file ONLY."

Now, although the author of that e-mail will not send anything to our UF e-mail address, I suppose it is possible that we will get other e-mails sent to the UF e-mail address which are sent by other UF folks...however, if you read between the lines, it appears that we will only be getting e-mails sent to the e-mail address which we had our conditional acceptence sent to...until further into the summer.

There is a way to have all of your UF e-mail forwarded to your Yahoo account...and I believe that you can even reply to it using Yahoo and have it appear as if it was sent via the UF e-mail system. I'm not sure how to do this. Just ask people such as 1PD's or 2PD's.

Those of us attending the Orlando campus got an e-mail with the following subject:
Orlando Campus Q&A Sessions- Welcome

It stated the following: "This is just one of many e-mails you will receive from me in the next couple of weeks. Please note that until further into the Summer, I will be e-mailing you to this e-mail we have on file ONLY."

Now, although the author of that e-mail will not send anything to our UF e-mail address, I suppose it is possible that we will get other e-mails sent to the UF e-mail address which are sent by other UF folks...however, if you read between the lines, it appears that we will only be getting e-mails sent to the e-mail address which we had our conditional acceptence sent to...until further into the summer.

There is a way to have all of your UF e-mail forwarded to your Yahoo account...and I believe that you can even reply to it using Yahoo and have it appear as if it was sent via the UF e-mail system. I'm not sure how to do this. Just ask people such as 1PD's or 2PD's.

http://coplin.cop.ufl.edu/policies/

There is a way to forward it, but as College of Pharmacy, we are not allowed to based on the fact it could lead to HIPAA violations. Which is odd, because as a student there should be no reason we have patient sensitive data on our computers, but the college of Pharmacy has stated we aren't allowed...so we aren't allowed.

I am just hoping that they will allow us to use Outlook, that way I don't have to figure out how to navigate that UF page. It looks nearly impossible. Perhaps, that is a good question to ask... So now I can officially go to the Q&A sessions without looking silly... Although passing notes is a great reason to go, free food isn't great for me, because I have food allergies.

Lol, not even coffee at the open house, remember? I needed it SOOOO bad, haha!

I know!! But they did have baked goods we could purchase!

The interview wasn't much better, a bowl of granola bars, publix orange juice and mini muffins. The people in gainsville got Cheese and cracker trays and I think fruit as well!!!:eek:

Thanks for the encouragement...for seem reason right now I don't seem to have the stomach for it.:hungover:

You will do amazing!!! It is quick, and mostly painless!!! And nearly everyone has survived!! You can do this!

Is it wrong I hope you come to Orlando? :D

I know!! But they did have baked goods we could purchase!

The interview wasn't much better, a bowl of granola bars, publix orange juice and mini muffins. The people in gainsville got Cheese and cracker trays and I think fruit as well!!!:eek:

ROFL, where were the baked goods? I wasn't even late! :laugh: Guess it's good I'm headed for Gainesville this time, lol. Although the OJ is pretty cool!