UCVM/WCVM c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a Facebook group to join yet?
Not yet, the class of 2024 class president will have to receive a list of all class members first, and that usually doesn't happen till way later in summer. Then they'll make a group and connect with everyone.

But there's nothing stopping you from connecting with people from this thread, and any friends you all have that got in!

Members don't see this ad.

Sadly I didn’t make it again this year, not even waitlisted like last year.
Don’t feel bad. The system is rigged to favour 2nd and 3rd year students that have super high gpas because they have only have taken first year undergrad courses that are easy to get 4.0s in. Not only that, now with the addition of the mcat, the applicant pool will be flooded with med students using vet med as a “backup”. That will further make it more difficult for the individuals who are experienced in and passionate about specifically animal health to get through.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Has wcvm contacted their waitlist? I’ve been waitlisted for SK and I’m going insane not knowing.
Also does anybody have any idea how many people come off the waitlist for SK at wcvm? I’m trying to remain hopeful but not expecting a phone call anytime soon...

Members don't see this ad :)
Has wcvm contacted their waitlist? I’ve been waitlisted for SK and I’m going insane not knowing.
Also does anybody have any idea how many people come off the waitlist for SK at wcvm? I’m trying to remain hopeful but not expecting a phone call anytime soon...
I’m also waitlisted and haven’t heard anything 🙁 I just wish I knew for sure if some spots that opened or not.

Hi all! I am a non-trad potential applicant to WCVM. I completed a masters program unrelated to vet med in 2019. Does WCVM take into account post-grad program grades at all?

OMG i just saw that UCVM now requires the MCAT @_@. Has U of C lost their minds? LOL. This adds an additional barrier for people especially those from lower SES and already disadvantaged backgrounds in an already competitive process.
This! I'm from a single-income household, and I'm financing my own application so suddenly finding out that we have to take a $400 exam (not including prep materials) was really hard. Not to mention AAMC has a shortage of spots so some people might even have to impromptu finance a trip to another city or even province just to take the test (I almost did before luckily finding a spot in Calgary).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I started a UCVM c/o 2026 thread here:

I know it's super early, but my reasoning is that a bunch of applicants may already be studying for MCAT, and also I wanted to make 100% sure UCVM doesn't get combined with WCVM again. Good luck everyone applying for 2026!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! For those that got into UCVM any luck on contacting other members of the 2025 class? I’ll have to be moving to Calgary like I’m sure many others are and I’m struggling to find a good place to rent and would love to be in contact with some future fellow classmates.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone, I also got into the UCVM! I wanna meet some of my new classmates, so feel free to message me! Idk when the Facebook group will be ready, so it's probably best if we start working stuff out now!

Reactions: 1 user