UCSF & Stanford away rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sponch

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here done an away rotation at UCSF and/or Stanford? Anyone planning on doing one this fall? Looking for some tips for doing well at these institutions other than the usual work hard, read about patients, be pleasant, talk to the PD personally to express interest, etc., etc. I'll share what I learned after I rotate through these programs. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

sponch said:
Has anyone here done an away rotation at UCSF and/or Stanford? Anyone planning on doing one this fall? Looking for some tips for doing well at these institutions other than the usual work hard, read about patients, be pleasant, talk to the PD personally to express interest, etc., etc. I'll share what I learned after I rotate through these programs. Thanks!
A friend of mine did a rotation at UCSF a couple years ago. Apparently it was one of the more rigorous rotations for urology students. She had to take call with the residents. In fact, they even had the audacity to ask her on an on-call night, to make up a powerpoint presentation on a topic for conference the following morning.

Although it was extremely difficult for her, a letter from pete carrol goes a long way, I'm sure...