Away rotations in urology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nikki2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which urology away rotations have people enjoyed? Which ones have invited people back for an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Most places will invite everyone for an interview who does an away rotation there. Suggest you sit down for a meeting with program director at your home urology program and discuss your stats and which aways might be appropriate. Most people will focus on a geographic location and go for 2-3 aways in that area at programs where they are competitive.

My program doesn't invite you back for an interview. The away is considered a month-long interview.

Others do. It all depends. I imagine most practically automatically interview you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you both for your input! This is helpful to know.

You can search google for urology reddit match spreadsheets. It tells you which programs automatically interview rotators and you can read some opinions on programs. The opinions are biased, but it'll give you some kind of ideas. They best programs for you depends on your interests, location, and scores

Reactions: 1 user
You can search google for urology reddit match spreadsheets. It tells you which programs automatically interview rotators and you can read some opinions on programs. The opinions are biased, but it'll give you some kind of ideas. They best programs for you depends on your interests, location, and scores
Thanks!

Honestly I wouldn’t consider the automatic interview when selecting aways. If a program doesn’t like you after a month there enough to offer you an interview, the interview wouldn’t have changed anything and just be a waste of time and money.

Honestly I wouldn’t consider the automatic interview when selecting aways. If a program doesn’t like you after a month there enough to offer you an interview, the interview wouldn’t have changed anything and just be a waste of time and money.
Agreed, but the spreadsheet lists programs that interview while on the away. My aways interviewed me while I was there including the program I matched to, which saved $$. It’s not a reason to pick a place to rotate, but good if you’re deciding between places. I also think it’s a plus when PDs care enough about not wasting our time and money to interview us during the subi, but ymmv

Reactions: 1 user