2018 UCSF Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
How are you guys receiving the acceptance letters? By email or actual letter in the mail?

They sent out acceptances by email earlier today around 11 am I think. Last year, UCSF had 2 batches of acceptances (Friday and Tuesday) as did UCSD this year, so I'm assuming they will send out more on Thursday

They sent out acceptances by email earlier today around 11 am I think. Last year, UCSF had 2 batches of acceptances (Friday and Tuesday) as did UCSD this year, so I'm assuming they will send out more on Thursday
It sounds like some people heard back yesterday? Does that mean there have already been two batches? :/

Members don't see this ad :)
It sounds like some people heard back yesterday? Does that mean there have already been two batches? :/
You're overthinking it, it's not about the batches. They make it a point to mention that other people's acceptances or denials don't really influence your own decision.

Whether or not they really mean it is another thing, but the point is it seems like it's on a day to day basis at this point. Might hear more news tomorrow

Reactions: 1 user
I thought joel mentioned in his blog that they are only sending notifications through letters in the mail

I thought joel mentioned in his blog that they are only sending notifications through letters in the mail
I believe that's outdated or was written in oversight, perhaps. They haven't updated this either on their official website, but they have been emailing notifications for the past couple years.

For those who have received acceptances, does anyone want to share (with name redacted, of course) what the first paragraph of their email notification reads? I know it's silly of me to wonder, but yeah! Many of us are just squirming to know what it's like... :nailbiting:

Anyone?
P.S. Congratulations, also!

Did this thread disappear?

edit: nevermind, op finally removed her picture

congrats too everyone who was accepted! this would be my dream come true:happy:.. have only acceptances been sent out?

Whoah whoah whoah... These decisions better not be coming out this week. Ya'll gonna be throwing off my finals game.

even if we don't get in, getting the interview was an accomplishment in itself! keep your hopes up, i have a feeling more people will know their status tomorrow...
Gotta wait till tomorrow. 1130am ish

Why are you thinking it will be tomorrow? Seems like people heard back both Monday and Tuesday this week.

Why are you thinking it will be tomorrow? Seems like people heard back both Monday and Tuesday this week.
It honestly doesn't matter when everyone else hears back anymore. It's gotta be Thursday, Friday, or Monday. Any date later than that would be kind of unreasonably late

I remember Joel mentioning that some peoples acceptance/denials are independent of others decision. I hope so. And I hope there is spot left. I have heard back from every school except UCSF.

I remember Joel mentioning that some peoples acceptance/denials are independent of others decision. I hope so. And I hope there is spot left. I have heard back from every school except UCSF.
While this is true, there's definitely a reason that some people have heard before others. There's just no way for us to figure out what that reason is though. Highly unlikely to be just sheer randomness.

I think they have two rounds of acceptances. Also, does anyone know if not doing the financial aid stuff beforehand is taken into account when they make admissions decisions?

I think they have two rounds of acceptances. Also, does anyone know if not doing the financial aid stuff beforehand is taken into account when they make admissions decisions?

Not doing the financial aid shouldn't influence your decision, but why would you not do it? All you have to do is provide estimates if you haven't filed taxes yet

I dont think that has any factor but also doing it cant hurt either

I def feels better talking to others why while waiting. With every email notification on my phone, I have a minor heart attack.

I def feels better talking to others why while waiting. With every email notification on my phone, I have a minor heart attack.
That's for sure. We all obviously care a lot. I hope there are lots of acceptances for all of us here, tomorrow.