2018 UCSF Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

claudiabotet

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for all those who are applying to UCSF to enter in August 2014. Here we can share how was it with the supplemental, we can talk about out educational background and keep each other posted about any important e-mail we receive, invites for interview etc.

Members don't see this ad.

I sent in the supplemental a couple of weeks ago but from what I've read it will take a while for them to get back to you because PharmCAS still has to mail them everything.

Last edited:
I sent in the supplemental a couple of weeks ago but from what I've read it will take a while for them to get back to you because PharmCAS still has to mail them everything. I'm from the University of Puerto Rico and my GPA is around 3.85. I've done 3 years of research at the Medical School in Puerto Rico in a Pharmacology lab I also went to Princeton for a summer internship and to UCSF to take a class this past summer, which is one of the main reasons I'm applying because I fell in love with the school and the city. Aside from that I've been volunteering througout college at several organizations and specially at the Veterans Affair Hospital in the Caribbean where I also shadow a pharmacist and I tutor on the side :D
WOW you definitely seem like a competitor!! I think you should have a good shot at UCSF. I also applied!! But haven't heard anything either.

Members don't see this ad :)
WOW you definitely seem like a competitor!! I think you should have a good shot at UCSF. I also applied!! But haven't heard anything either.
Thank you! Let's see. Good luck to you and to all applicants :)

I just applied too :) Goodluck everyone!!

After submitting the supplemental did anyone receive a confirmation e-mail aside from the payment receipt?

After submitting the supplemental did anyone receive a confirmation e-mail aside from the payment receipt?

Nope! I had an error in my PDF pre-requisite file (and had luckily applied a few days before deadline), so they did e-mail me stating that they had reopened my file to let me redo the upload! So, if they didn't email you, I think you're OK. Especially since you submitted it so early!

I read from last year's post that you don't really hear anything until December/early January?

Unless something has changed since last year, we will be hearing back around the middle of January and interviews will be conducted early February. Ugh, and I thought waiting until December to hear back from my other schools was bad...

Unless something has changed since last year, we will be hearing back around the middle of January and interviews will be conducted early February. Ugh, and I thought waiting until December to hear back from my other schools was bad...
I know! The wait sucks.

I submitted my supp apps around mid October. I've also met a few students at UCSF Pharmacy school. Some said they submitted it in October. Some said earlier. I think for UCSF, they wait till everything rolls in before making any decisions which is awesome! Most schools do that "first come first serve" kind of thing. The wait does suck, but I was also worried because I NEVER got any emails from UCSF but now I read the above comments, I feel much more reassured.

I guess there's a silver lining in being able to celebrate together or cry together when we find out at the same time. Best luck to us all!

I finally received confirmation about receiving my supplemental app. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
omg what are youre guys stats? you have to be soooo smart for this school haha!
I am not so smart and my stats are not good but I applied anyway you never know what God has in store for you. I also got the confirmation email.

I got mine, so lets wait for interview :)

I sent in the supplemental a couple of weeks ago but from what I've read it will take a while for them to get back to you because PharmCAS still has to mail them everything. I'm from the University of Puerto Rico and my GPA is around 3.85. I've done 3 years of research at the Medical School in Puerto Rico in a Pharmacology lab I also went to Princeton for a summer internship and to UCSF to take a class this past summer, which is one of the main reasons I'm applying because I fell in love with the school and the city. Aside from that I've been volunteering througout college at several organizations and specially at the Veterans Affair Hospital in the Caribbean where I also shadow a pharmacist and I tutor on the side :D
I received confirmation letter about my application as well.

By the way, a question about GPA. Does UCSF use PharmCAS GPA? In my case, I have a bachelor, a minor, and a master degree, all from overseas, without very exciting GPA. PharmCAS doesn't count foreign course works, so they calculate my GPA overall/science/whatever 4.0 at this moment for all course works I took here in the USA. I submitted EVERYTHING to UCSF, but not sure about how they will deal with my GPA, very nervous.....

Is there anyone who hasn't gotten a confirmation email yet, or am I the only one?

I don't think GPA matters much to UCSF. They weight heavily on the communication skills of the applicant and all those essays; just be sure you come off as a well-rounded, personable candidate :)

Is there anyone who hasn't gotten a confirmation email yet, or am I the only one?

Don't worry I haven't received one either. From that I've heard, UCSF is pretty notoriously slow :)

Don't worry I haven't received one either. From that I've heard, UCSF is pretty notoriously slow :)
Oh thank God someone replied! Literally everyone I know has gotten an email but me, idk if I should call UCSF or not...

Oh thank God someone replied! Literally everyone I know has gotten an email but me, idk if I should call UCSF or not...

They specifically ask that applicants not call to check on their status per: http://pharmacy.ucsf.edu/pharmd/admissions/status/

I'm sure they're swamped because of the holidays. If you don't hear back by mid-to-late December you could try emailing them.

They specifically ask that applicants not call to check on their status per: http://pharmacy.ucsf.edu/pharmd/admissions/status/

I'm sure they're swamped because of the holidays. If you don't hear back by mid-to-late December you could try emailing them.
I'll probably wait till the end of this week (if I can tolerate it) and if I don't hear back i'll call. Hopefully they're just catching up from Thanksgiving break.

I'll probably wait till the end of this week (if I can tolerate it) and if I don't hear back i'll call. Hopefully they're just catching up from Thanksgiving break.
You really SHOULDN'T call! That's the worse thing you can do. They are swamped with applications, I'm sure your application is eventually going to go under review, it just takes time. Be patient, it's ranked #1 in the nation! LOL I'm positive they are going to be extremely thorough!! :) You don't want to be red flagged as that "annoying" candidate who isn't patient...now would you???? ;) Good luck!!!

We should be hearing back from them in ~3 weeks. Everyone good luck!

My interview is February 8th. Anyone else interviewing that day?

Reactions: 1 users
am i the only one who got denied? ugh. **** it.

Feb 21! do you think people get assigned these dates randomly?

Got an interview for feb 1! Maybe it's by region that they decided dates?

Is anyone interviewing that date?

Hi everyone! I got an interview invite too! Feb. 8 I'll be coming in from Texas! Good luck to everyone!

I am from Southern California, female. I will book flight/hotel by the end of this month. If you have the information, we could stay in the same hotel and we could also car pool. Shoot a mail to me if you are interested. ([email protected])

I have been to San Francisco for sightseeing for 3 days. ;)

am i the only one who got denied? ugh. **** it.
Womppp I did too :( I had high hopes bc of everyone's good news on here :/ but good luck to everyone who received an interview!!