UCSF Application 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hurrah! We'll finally hear!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
deleted. I'll ask the question somewhere else. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
No mail either and I live in San Jose. I guess if there is no mail tomorrow, I can expect to be on the wait list.

It's actually in the commentary section. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I looked up last year's thread, and this year's thread is 3 or 4 pages longer already. Not sure what to think of that. Lol

I looked up last year's thread, and this year's thread is 3 or 4 pages longer already. Not sure what to think of that. Lol

There are a couple reasons.

They had different threads for application, interview, waitlist, etc... which diluted out the size of each thread.

I have 126 posts in this thread, that's almost 3 full pages :laugh:

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. Its been a crazy fun ride with all of you, but its finally the home stretch. If I get in hopefully we can be classmates, otherwise I'll be headed to UCSD.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. Its been a crazy fun ride with all of you, but its finally the home stretch. If I get in hopefully we can be classmates, otherwise I'll be headed to UCSD.

Same to you. I'd reckon letters start rolling in tomorrow afternoon ... hopefully ...

It's been a long wait

i wonder if anyone from sf or the bay area got anything. it would only make sense since most letters went out monday.

I got a rejection letter today. Very generic letter ... Almost looks like it could have been sent before interviews if you changed two of the words.

No check boxes or anything of that sort. Just denied.

I got a rejection letter today. Very generic letter ... Almost looks like it could have been sent before interviews if you changed two of the words.

:(

Sorry to hear that. Have you gotten in anywhere? What are your plans now?

Ouch. :( I don't know you personally, but just from SDN, I can tell you are a well-rounded and intelligent person. It's too bad UCSF couldn't see that. You were probably hoping for a SoCal school anyways, right? I wish you luck.

The interview was VERY INTIMIDATING too. The most intimidating interview I've ever been in.

all I can say is that it sucks. I wish you the best of luck.

Nothing today and I'm from the bay area. :(

nothing today - san jose. Does this mean I'm waitlisted because joel said the waitlisted letters are sent out on Tuesday while the acceptance and rejection letters were sent out on monday.

:shrug: i'm sorry everyone who didn't get good news :(

I'm from socal....no new news :( nothing in the mail. i'm flying to seattle tomorrow for an interview at UW because I haven't gotten any news abotu UCSF :confused:

:(

the facebook group is still at 53 ppl (with only ~15 representing newly admitted students). i would think most people have facebook and would join the group upon receiving an acceptance. so hopefully we will be hearing a lot of acceptances tomorrow. :xf:

Alright this is killing me, I got absolutely no mail today, not even junk mail... hopefully tomorrow since it is the April 1st deadline. And hopefully no april fools jokes...

Alright this is killing me, I got absolutely no mail today, not even junk mail... hopefully tomorrow since it is the April 1st deadline. And hopefully no april fools jokes...

haha I totally forgot about April fools. Hopefully we will get mail tomorrow.

No mail for me, but then i live in Minnesota. At this point I'm about to :bang:Good luck to everyone!

I had the same thought. Thew irony of receiving a letter on april fools. I hope we all don't end up on the waitlist.

Question: how many of you are thinking of going to UCSF over UOP?

Last edited:
In sd and no mail yet, the wait is really making me crazy. My mailman makes his rounds closer to noon so I'll post again later.

On another note, my friend, also in sd, got his acceptance Friday/Monday not sure what the exact date was.

Got my acceptance letter today. Letter dated 3/24, postmarked 3/30, and sent to the bay area. I thought for sure I would not get in at this point but I was wrong. Good luck to everyone still waiting, hopefully you will all get good news today.

Got my acceptance letter today. Letter dated 3/24, postmarked 3/30, and sent to the bay area. I thought for sure I would not get in at this point but I was wrong. Good luck to everyone still waiting, hopefully you will all get good news today.

congrats! are you going to UCSF for sure? I wonder how long it will take for the mail to get to LA....

Congrats!

Checked mail today, no letter.

congrats! are you going to UCSF for sure? I wonder how long it will take for the mail to get to LA....
Thanks! Yup I am going to UCSF and will decline my acceptance to USC. If it arrived in the bay area today you should get something tomorrow. Good luck!

Hey Everyone! I have never posted but have been an occasional reader of the thread.

I just received my acceptance:love: in the mail and am definitely attending. I live in the bay area.

My interview was in the morning of January 29th
The letter is dated March 24th
Postmarked two dates March 30th and March 31st
I received the letter today April 1st

Good Luck:luck: to those who have yet to hear back!

Congrats to all. Hope I get something good today.

I just got my acceptance letter today. I interviewed on Feb 19th. The letter was written on March 29th, postmarked on 2 dates March 30th and 31st. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting! I can't wait to meet my future classmates!

Congrats to all those accepted. Guys remember to join the FB group oh and add me as a friend because I don't have enough FB friends. :thumbup: