UCSF 2009 Waitlist and Acceptance offer declined

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
haha.. thanks. It might be another week til more emails come out. Joel did say that he'd be out for the rest of the week.

Suparman... are you from the valley? 818?? I almost never meet people from our valley. Most of my college friends are from San Gabriel or something south of the 101fwy. It'd be fun to hang out before we start classes in the fall :p

818 all they way! I'm definitely down to have some SF valley hangouts (but after officially being accepted lol)...seems like people everywhere else are. Where in the valley are you from?

Members don't see this ad.

When is the full tuition due? I imagine that around that date the OFFICIAL list will move a lot and start to catch up with what is posted on here.

Last edited:
Have those of you on the waitlist who should have been accepted based on the number of declines here on SDN been officially accepted yet? any word from Joel?

Members don't see this ad :)
not even half :mad:...hence my last 2 posts :laugh:

not even half :mad:...hence my last 2 posts :laugh:

How many spots has the waitlist moved officially?

Don't worry, I'm sure they just haven't had the chance to process all the declines and to notify those on the waitlist yet.

Have those of you on the waitlist who should have been accepted based on the number of declines here on SDN been officially accepted yet? any word from Joel?

Only the 1st person on the list got in so far, and the #4 person ie suparman31 doesn't post yet so I guess he still has not heard from Joel yet. This is weird. Probably many people haven't officially notified UCSF about their decision.

Maybe we'll hear back next week or they might just wait until May 11 when they send out the updates. Someone said Joel was out of the office last week so he might still be catching up on everything.

I have a question for those who turned in their statement of legal residence form. I turned mine in a few weeks ago, and I logged into my student account and just saw that I have a hold because my statement of legal residence form wasn't received. I'm thinking of calling the office tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone is in the same situation. I'm not sure if it's because the office haven't processed all the forms yet, or if my form got lost in the mail.:eek:

I have a question for those who turned in their statement of legal residence form. I turned mine in a few weeks ago, and I logged into my student account and just saw that I have a hold because my statement of legal residence form wasn't received. I'm thinking of calling the office tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone is in the same situation. I'm not sure if it's because the office haven't processed all the forms yet, or if my form got lost in the mail.:eek:

You should definitely get that checked out. Are you sure you didn't look at the released holds? Because the released holds mean that you have already satisfied the requirement and it is just kept on record for you. The effective holds are the ones you should be paying attention to.

Maybe we'll hear back next week or they might just wait until May 11 when they send out the updates. Someone said Joel was out of the office last week so he might still be catching up on everything.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. The bottom line is that you know for a fact that there are at least as many declines as there have been posted here on SDN so it's just a matter of time before you get notified of your acceptance or the number of spots you have moved up on the waitlist as represented here on SDN (or more!). :thumbup:

Still no word guys...although it seems like there will be plenty of movement (eventually), I'm frustrated because I have to send in transcripts and set up class registration at my backup school. Floating in limbo sucks!

Still no word guys...although it seems like there will be plenty of movement (eventually), I'm frustrated because I have to send in transcripts and set up class registration at my backup school. Floating in limbo sucks!

Aren't you like #3 on the list? If so, I wouldn't worry too much about setting things up at your backup school, you are for sure in at UCSF! They are probably just taking extra time processing everything before letting those on the waitlist know of the updates.

I wonder if the batch of people who said they will decline UCSF after April 10th deadline actually notified UCSF about their decision yet since only 1 person got accepted off the waiting list so far...

Even if you dont' count all of those declines after april 10th, there should be more than 4-5 declined before April 10th and so i don't know how to explain the 1 acceptance above...

I think if there are spots we will definitely hear from Joel this week through email/phone since next week the official waiting list status will be mailed out to everyone on the list.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Aren't you like #3 on the list? If so, I wouldn't worry too much about setting things up at your backup school, you are for sure in at UCSF! They are probably just taking extra time processing everything before letting those on the waitlist know of the updates.

I am definitely grateful for having a high position on the waiting list...I'll stop complaining now!

do you get a confirmation after sending in the transcripts or course schedule change?

do you get a confirmation after sending in the transcripts or course schedule change?

I got an email from Joel telling me that he had approved my course schedule change.

I haven't even enrolled for summer yet (2 wks til I do). There's no real deadline for that form right?

I haven't even enrolled for summer yet (2 wks til I do). There's no real deadline for that form right?

I did not see a deadline. But Joel said it's to your advantage to fill out that form before you enroll for the next term. The school needs to approve you classes besides see the final grades.

This thread's been rather quiet. Has there been any official movement on the waitlist lately? Any of you that will be accepted off the waitlist get official notification yet?

This thread's been rather quiet. Has there been any official movement on the waitlist lately? Any of you that will be accepted off the waitlist get official notification yet?

This week is supposed to be the first official update (via snail mail?). But so far, no news yet... :rolleyes:

As of now, the waitlist seems to have moved up only 4 spaces

Got the letter, seems like only 1 spot was offered for admission so far...hmm, honestly I thought there would be a lot more (going by the posts on SDN). Did anyone get accepted off the list?

Got the letter, seems like only 1 spot was offered for admission so far...hmm, honestly I thought there would be a lot more (going by the posts on SDN). Did anyone get accepted off the list?

Yea seems strange. USC is showing faster movement off the waitlist so far, and I thought UCSF would show faster movement this year

Hmmmm...that's really strange. I wonder what's going on, I thought the waitlist would have at least moved the # of spots posted on SDN. Maybe some people changed their minds. :confused:

Hmmmm...that's really strange. I wonder what's going on, I thought the waitlist would have at least moved the # of spots posted on SDN. Maybe some people changed their minds. :confused:

I know I haven't changed my mind. I am bound to be a Triton this fall for sure! :D But you're right, that is strange. Maybe they wait until they have more declines or until sometime into the summer to let a larger batch of people on the waitlist in at once. Keep your hopes up :thumbup:

How many spots did you move up carmend? I only moved up 2 spots so that means only 2 people so far actually declined... comparing to last year, the waiting list moved 9 spots by the 1st update letter. This year is gonna be very slow it looks like.

Last edited:
I know I haven't changed my mind. I am bound to be a Triton this fall for sure! :D But you're right, that is strange. Maybe they wait until they have more declines or until sometime into the summer to let a larger batch of people on the waitlist in at once. Keep your hopes up :thumbup:

Hope you're right! :) I'm extremely confused about how things are working over there.

Maybe I should check my mail to see how many spots I moved up. I still haven't gotten over my mail phobia. I've received so much bad news in the mail that I can't bring myself to go check it without an impending sense of doom. :laugh:

Hope you're right! :) I'm extremely confused about how things are working over there.

Maybe I should check my mail to see how many spots I moved up. I still haven't gotten over my mail phobia. I've received so much bad news in the mail that I can't bring myself to go check it without an impending sense of doom. :laugh:

I seriously doubt that they hold up on notifying people if there are spots openning up. They didn't hold up on notifying kae, so why now? The only explanation is that people either didn't tell UCSF of their decision (maybe they wait till they are officially in after spring transcript and stuff sent to their 1st choice school, or they made a joke and posted here for fun...which is kinda rude but still its possible...)

I seriously doubt that they hold up on notifying people if there are spots openning up. They didn't hold up on notifying kae, so why now? The only explanation is that people either didn't tell UCSF of their decision (maybe they wait till they are officially in after spring transcript and stuff sent to their 1st choice school, or they made a joke and posted here for fun...which is kinda rude but still its possible...)

Yeah, that's why I don't get the slow movement (lack of notification or some of the people changed their mind for one reason or another). It would suck if people were just messing around. :thumbdown:

the only people who absolutely have to give up their spots are those going to ucsd- and on this forum, that's only 2 or 3.
it's also possible that ucsf accepted a little more than 122, so the waiting list started moving a little later.

How many spots did you move up carmend? I only moved up 2 spots so that means only 2 people so far actually declined... comparing to last year, the waiting list moved 9 spots by the 1st update letter. This year is gonna be very slow it looks like.

I moved up only a spot. I think it's different for us because the number of spots we move up depends on declines from both the accepted and alternate lists. I'm not sure what to think for the slow movement of the alternate list though... Suparman31, what's your status?

Last edited:
I moved up only a spot. I think it's different for us because the number of spots we move up depends on declines from both the accepted and alternate lists. I'm not sure what to think for the slow movement of the alternate list though... Suparman31, what's your status?

Wow that means only 1 person turned down their acceptance offer so far... and the 2nd person is the one that turned down the waiting list offer. That person must be higher than me and lower than you.

the only people who absolutely have to give up their spots are those going to ucsd- and on this forum, that's only 2 or 3.
it's also possible that ucsf accepted a little more than 122, so the waiting list started moving a little later.

This is also possible, did anyone talk to Joel last year about this ?

This is also possible, did anyone talk to Joel last year about this ?

We could also be waiting for the official declines from accepted students, since it was mentioned that we would be contacted in a timely manner if there were any immediate openings, as we saw with kae32. Anyway, I hope we all make it! :)

Haven't made it to my PO BOX to check the mail...will find out tomorrow.

you have to keep into account the possibility that UCSF accepts more than 122 students each year expecting at least X number of students turning it down for whatever reason.

lol choosing usc over ucsf for location only saves you negative 100 grand in real money

I wonder if many of the people who said they declined their UCSF offers simply defaulted past the 4/10 deadline instead of officially declining their spot by mailing the letter back. Defaulting on the letter may take OSACA more time to process the declined offer than an official decline.

Moved up one spot... if there's this little movement after acceptance notices were due, then things are looking pretty grim.

Finally checked my mail. I moved up 2 spots to #9.

Since noone makes this thread yet so I guess I'll make 1... If you declined your UCSF acceptance offer, please post here so that us waitlister can get some hope :). Also, people who are on the waitlist can also post here so we can track waitlist movement for this year.

Why would anyone decline UCSF? aren't they the best/cheapest (if you are in state)?

Why would anyone decline UCSF? aren't they the best/cheapest (if you are in state)?

Doesn't mean it's the most optimum choice. Some people choose pharmacy schools based on location. A lot of people (SDNers) are supposedly turning down UCSF to go to USC because they already live in socal and have ties to the community and do not want to leave the socal rut. Others might have family down here and already established a home. This applies to any other person who has multiple choices for pharmacy school outside of CA; location is always a factor.

Doesn't mean it's the most optimum choice. Some people choose pharmacy schools based on location. A lot of people (SDNers) are supposedly turning down UCSF to go to USC because they already live in socal and have ties to the community and do not want to leave the socal rut. Others might have family down here and already established a home. This applies to any other person who has multiple choices for pharmacy school outside of CA; location is always a factor.

Very true. Although San Fransciso is beautiful some people might have family elsewhere...Not to mentin SoCA is nice as well...I think if UCLA has a pharmacy school they would be number 1.

Has any more poeple on the waitlist been accepted yet? Things have been really quiet on this thread.

This thread's been very quiet. Congrats to the additional few that have been accepted off the waitlist. How many spots have this waitlist moved now? Has the number caught up with the number of declines here on SDN yet?

This thread's been very quiet. Congrats to the additional few that have been accepted off the waitlist. How many spots have this waitlist moved now? Has the number caught up with the number of declines here on SDN yet?

I have just received the 2nd status update from UCSF today. My position is still the same as the 1st update letter months ago... this means that no one else is getting off the waitlist except for the 1st one back in April.

I have just received the 2nd status update from UCSF today. My position is still the same as the 1st update letter months ago... this means that no one else is getting off the waitlist except for the 1st one back in April.

That's strange. I wonder when they will accept all the people off the waitlist to fill the spots that have been vacated by those that have declined. :confused: