UCR with 40k scholarship or UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pusheen

silently judging
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your votes!

I went with UCLA, they gave me a significant need based scholarship as well, making the overall difference over the entire 4 years about 30k. I think it was worth it :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey,

Congrats once again on this amazing opportunity of choices! I think you already know that I'm WLed at UCLA, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt. I think 40k is not enough to sway your decision away from UCLA in the grand scheme of things especially since you felt much better about the school. However, I do think an extra 120k is enough to sway this in UCR's favor especially if you were interested in doing peds. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been told UCR has a forgiveness program as well for their peds program which would be kinda nice if you do end up over there. If possible, I'd wait for the financial aid package from UCLA before making the final call. Best of luck on your decision and I hope you end up happy with your choice!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey,

Congrats once again on this amazing opportunity of choices! I think you already know that I'm WLed at UCLA, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt. I think 40k is not enough to sway your decision away from UCLA in the grand scheme of things especially since you felt much better about the school. However, I do think an extra 120k is enough to sway this in UCR's favor especially if you were interested in doing peds. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been told UCR has a forgiveness program as well for their peds program which would be kinda nice if you do end up over there. If possible, I'd wait for the financial aid package from UCLA before making the final call. Best of luck on your decision and I hope you end up happy with your choice!
Yea, going to wait for their package, thanks :) rooting for you!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats a tough call. Keep in mind that the cost of living in riverside is MUCH cheaper than Westwood. So you would be saving around 47k(40 in scholarship and 7k in living expenses) a year in riverside compared to UCLA. Ends up being like 190 thousand.

GL