UConn School of Dental Medicine C/O 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Has anyone received a post Dec interview or acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

Waitlist movement is probably unlikely being that their class size is already so small and they give in-state after year one.

Reactions: 1 user
If you were accepted to UConn and turned it down, where are you going instead?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just wondering since I personally think highly of the dental program here.
True that, if cost is your main concern I dont believe there is a school offering a lower cost of attendance. But as per clinical exposure and latest technology, my opinion is there are more school who can offer better.

True that, if cost is your main concern I dont believe there is a school offering a lower cost of attendance. But as per clinical exposure and latest technology, my opinion is there are more school who can offer better.
Hey! Congrats on your acceptances. I’m a current dental student at UConn and just wanted to chime in on the clinic exposure and technology. I don’t know if I agree with that statement fully. We are actually in clinic seeing patients the end of our 2nd year and get a lot of our didactic classes out of the way early on, which allows for extra clinic time 3rd and 4th year. As far as the technology, I would say UConn is pretty technologically sound. In the medical school we have virtual anatomy tables to learn from as well as the cadavers. We are exposed to ultrasound, CT/MRI, and X-rays not just of the mouth, but the entire body. We have virtual reality 3D dental MOOG simulators to practice on in pre-clinic. We are exposed early on in 1st and 2nd year to intraoral scanners and are able to use them on patients in the clinics when we have patients that are suitable. All of our patient records are electronic and we have handheld X-ray machines in the clinic available to use. We have an in-house dental arts lab with technicians who show you how the lab work is done and on top of all of that, our clinics were all just recently renovated about 2 years ago. Personally, I’ve absolutely loved my time at UConn and have been very happy with my decision to come here. I just wanted to offer my two cents! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions via DM.

Hey! Congrats on your acceptances. I’m a current dental student at UConn and just wanted to chime in on the clinic exposure and technology. I don’t know if I agree with that statement fully. We are actually in clinic seeing patients the end of our 2nd year and get a lot of our didactic classes out of the way early on, which allows for extra clinic time 3rd and 4th year. As far as the technology, I would say UConn is pretty technologically sound. In the medical school we have virtual anatomy tables to learn from as well as the cadavers. We are exposed to ultrasound, CT/MRI, and X-rays not just of the mouth, but the entire body. We have virtual reality 3D dental MOOG simulators to practice on in pre-clinic. We are exposed early on in 1st and 2nd year to intraoral scanners and are able to use them on patients in the clinics when we have patients that are suitable. All of our patient records are electronic and we have handheld X-ray machines in the clinic available to use. We have an in-house dental arts lab with technicians who show you how the lab work is done and on top of all of that, our clinics were all just recently renovated about 2 years ago. Personally, I’ve absolutely loved my time at UConn and have been very happy with my decision to come here. I just wanted to offer my two cents! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions via DM.
Thank you for providing such good explanation, this is very beneficial to all future applicants!

Thank you for providing such good explanation, this is very beneficial to all future applicants!
Of course; just figured I would give my perspective! Honestly, I think in general, most programs do a good job at preparing you to be a competent dentist. Again, congrats on getting into dental school! I'm sure you're going to be a fantastic dentist. Best of luck!

Posting/asking for a few friends: has anyone been accepted off the waitlist?

I just gave up my spot at UConn, so hopefully, there will be some movement off the waitlist soon. Best of luck!

Hey! anyone apply to the DMD/PhD program or currently in it? planning on applying to it, would love to ask you a few questions thanks!