UCONN, anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scota

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I was just wondering if anyone attened UCONN's 2 year post bac program for non-science majors. Does anyone know if they require standardized test scores for admittance? Are CT residents preferred? I'm currently finishing my degree in sociology at UCLA. Any info/experiences would be much appreciated :).

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,
I'm also looking into this program. Its seems great (except for the $75 app fee... ick) but I get the feeling they pref CT residents. Also, does anyone know more about students in the program getting into the Uconn med school? They something about letting 1/3 of the students in?? or something like that? And the class profile lists 12% of the students as Post-Bacers. I would love to learn more about this one!

:horns:

I am a MS1 at UCONN and did the postbacc program.

I do believe there is a preference for in-state or regional students or at least people with some ties to the area, but there where students in my post-bacc class from other parts of the country. It is a very small program - about 15 students total in the one and two year programs. I absolutely loved the program and would recommend it highly. I was told that about 85% of the students are accepted into UCONN's med school. This varies from year to year. My class was smaller than normal and two of the candidates decided to take another year to pursue other interests before applying. The MS2 class has a bunch of former post-baccs in it.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me, but the best source of info is Dr. Keat Sanford, the program director.