UCLA letters sent out--Check Status Page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got my letter today. Unranked waitlist. More waiting to come...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
aww, no acceptance in this batch??

doesn't look like it so far :( haven't checked my mail yet, had to leave before the mailman came and I won't be home till tomorrow night! agh i hate waiting

doesn't look like it so far :( haven't checked my mail yet, had to leave before the mailman came and I won't be home till tomorrow night! agh i hate waiting

yeah, results so far don't look so hot. i should be getting my letter on monday. i'll keep ya'll updated.

well if you log in and don't see accepted student stuff, i'd assume the worst.

hold. damn. oh well, USC here I come! :D Maybe I'll be back at UCLA for residency ;).

Good luck to everyone else! And Cowgirl, I'm thinking that it's probably good news that you weren't in this batch!

hold - 2nd year in a row, whoohoo :)
thats it for me!! good luck to you all!

hold. damn. oh well, USC here I come! :D Maybe I'll be back at UCLA for residency ;).

Good luck to everyone else! And Cowgirl, I'm thinking that it's probably good news that you weren't in this batch!

Aww, nawla, I'm so sorry to hear you got a hold! However, congrats on having USC to go to! They have a great program, and the important thing is that you'll get that MD. I'm just still trying to keep my fingers crossed for UCLA. I'm on a few wait lists but no acceptances yet, so I'm trying to stay more positive than nervous. UCLA is my last school to give me any decision and of course it is my first choice too. I'll be sure to post when they finally do send a decision my way.

Neuro, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you and your mail!

thanks cowgirl!

all these recent holds are making me hella depressed. i should find out today, and i'll post the outcome when i know.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks cowgirl!

all these recent holds are making me hella depressed. i should find out today, and i'll post the outcome when i know.

and you say you're from socal!! ;)

Cowgirl, good luck!! from your MDApps you seem like you'll be a great physician so I hope UCLA works out! let us know!

called them today...couldn't wait for the mail. The nice lady asked for my id and said i am waitlisted.......

she also said that the waitlist is not ranked and they look at every application everytime a seat is available. good luck guys.

just got the mail. HOLD for me as well :(

well, it's been a good run folks. looks like i'll be heading for chicago :)

best of luck to those still waiting. i'm rooting for your cowgirl!

good luck in Chicago; its been a pleasure stressing out with you! :p

Has anyone received their Financial Aid packets yet? I mailed everything in around April 20, still nothing.

So, does anyone know if people ever come off the HOLD list?

Has anyone received their Financial Aid packets yet? I mailed everything in around April 20, still nothing.

You won't see anything until late may or early june. But if you email gloria at the FAO, she can send you an estimate on your package breakdown that's like 98% reliable.

and you say you're from socal!! ;)

Cowgirl, good luck!! from your MDApps you seem like you'll be a great physician so I hope UCLA works out! let us know!

I'm sorry to hear about your hold neuro! But, congrats on Chicago! That is a great city with some great med schools and like I said before to nawla, you're getting your MD!

As an aside.......now my obsessive mailbox stalking can start! I had a status change with letter sent today!!! Ahh! I'll post when I hear! Maybe tomorrow....my letter doesn't have to go very far! So thanks for the luck and good thoughts guys!:)

I'm sorry to hear about your hold neuro! But, congrats on Chicago! That is a great city with some great med schools and like I said before to nawla, you're getting your MD!

As an aside.......now my obsessive mailbox stalking can start! I had a status change with letter sent today!!! Ahh! I'll post when I hear! Maybe tomorrow....my letter doesn't have to go very far! So thanks for the luck and good thoughts guys!:)

good luck!

i got the waitlist btw

another waitlist. *sigh*

good luck cowgirl! looks like you might be it!

ps. how are waitlisters notifying ucla that you want to stay on the list? are you writing an LOI and saying that at the top? sending a brief email? hmm?

i am so tired of writing letters...5 seconds of wallowing...

So, does anyone know if people ever come off the HOLD list?

Sorry to say bruinator, but it is VERY rare for them to get to the hold list. I was on it 2 years ago, and no one on that list came off of it. :( Basically they have to offer spots to every single person on the wait list before they touch the hold list.

ps. how are waitlisters notifying ucla that you want to stay on the list? are you writing an LOI and saying that at the top? sending a brief email? hmm?

I actually wrote a LOI about a week before I got my waitlist letter. So to notify UCLA that I wanted to stay on the waitlist, I wrote a short snail mail letter to them stating I wanted to stay on the list, and reiterating my desire to attend UCLA.

No mail for me today (my mom just checked and called me at work). Hopefully tomorrow!

does anyone know who i email to reserve my spot on waitlist? the director, lili fobert?

Cowgirl, there's still hope! My status page states that a letter was sent on May 9 and there are currently no links to any accepted student documents, yet I just received an acceptance in the mail. I hope they didn't send me the wrong letter...

I'd nearly accepted the fact that I would be spending the next four years in the northeast...and now this. Does anyone know if I still have to select one school by tomorrow? Or since this acceptance arrived so close to the deadline, will I have a few extra days to choose between UCLA and the other school?

any word yet, cowgirl? good luck!

Cowgirl, there's still hope! My status page states that a letter was sent on May 9 and there are currently no links to any accepted student documents, yet I just received an acceptance in the mail. I hope they didn't send me the wrong letter...

I'd nearly accepted the fact that I would be spending the next four years in the northeast...and now this. Does anyone know if I still have to select one school by tomorrow? Or since this acceptance arrived so close to the deadline, will I have a few extra days to choose between UCLA and the other school?

I am STILL waiting...as my UCLA letter was NOT in today's mail. You'd think the fact that it only has to travel like 5 miles from campus to my house would mean it would be here already with the status change of 5/12....oh well. Nothing I can really do but hope that it gets here tomorrow.:oops:

Congratulations Wombat! :) That is just fabulous that you got an acceptance...and they couldn't have sent you the wrong letter. Did you just get your letter today, and if so did it have to travel far? Thanks for sharing that there are no additional links on your status page. I'm remaining hopeful...but reminding myself that I could really get any kind of decision when my letter does finally show.

On another note, and out of curiousity.....is there anyone who still has no "final decision, letter sent" since their interview? Does anyone else have a letter sent date of 5/12 or later? :luck: to those still waiting!

I'm in the Rocky Mountain region, and I just received it this afternoon. Good luck to you- maybe tomorrow is the day!:luck:

congrats wombat jones!! what happy news =)!!!

Congrats Wombat! I would think you have 2 weeks to decide, but I'm not sure. You could always call the schools and ask, right? What school other than UCLA are you deciding about?

I've still got a big fat blank row. Though I called and was told I'd hear "something" by the end of the week.

THis is killing me....

After all this I received my UCLA letter today stating that I am on the "unranked waitlist." So more waiting for me I guess. On the plus side I did get into Wayne State today, so I know I'm going to medical school....but it kind of makes for a bitter sweet day....especially if you look at the OOS tuition for Wayne State vs. IS tuition for UCLA.

:luck: to the rest still waiting and to all of us on the wait list!

LAME! I thought you were in. Oh well, at least you aren't on the hold list so I think your chances are pretty decent. Congrats on Wayne State! Knowing you're going to med school is the best feeling, regardless of where :)

After all this I received my UCLA letter today stating that I am on the "unranked waitlist." So more waiting for me I guess. On the plus side I did get into Wayne State today, so I know I'm going to medical school....but it kind of makes for a bitter sweet day....especially if you look at the OOS tuition for Wayne State vs. IS tuition for UCLA.

Hey, congrats on the Wayne State acceptance, and maybe if you stick this waitlist thing out, great things will happen!

Last edited:
For those accepted, Congrats!! For all else who are waitlisted, I have some info:

I called the admissions office the other day and was told that we have two weeks to reply to the waitlist offer. The nice admis. lady also said that they won't be reviewing apps for open spots in the class until the end of May, she also said that since it is an UNRANKED list, they supposedly review ALL the apps everytime a seat opens. When I asked her how many people are on the WL this year, she said approximately the same number as there are seats in the class, about a hundred.

Anyways...I hope this helps someone but then again...I dont know if they are telling the truth or what not.

Thanks MDStudent!! I think it's very strange that we had/have two weeks. I was in the 3/18 group of letters, and I didn't even get my letter until 12 days after 3/18. I should call on mon to make sure it was on time. They should've told us it was 'time sensitve.'

the wording of my waitlist letter was "at your earliest convenience" or something. This was a while ago though. I guess maybe its more time sensitive now that it is waitlist movement season.

The nice lady picked up.
Ques - when does the waitlist start moving?
A - in a couple of weeks
Ques - How many people are in the waitlist?
A - Over a hundred
Ques - About how many are usually accepted?
A - It varies, Last year it was about 75%, during the previous years it has been 50% and even 25%.

I am hoping for it to be 75% or more again this year.

Still some hope guys.:) Hope this helps....

hahaha, 75%...that's such a lie by the secretary on the phone. admission office secretaries cannot be trusted. my bet is that ucla's waitlist has little to no movement at all.

You have to remember though, according to people at second look they do not over fill the class. They only accept as many people as they have spots and then they waitlist everybody else. Therefore you would expect A LOT more movement on the waitlist.

There is a lot of movement. I talked to Dean Parker during UCLA recruitment weekend and he said it varies by year, but significant waitlist movement always occurs. If you are on the unranked waitlist (not the ranked hold list) then you have a decent shot of getting in.

You have to remember though, according to people at second look they do not over fill the class. They only accept as many people as they have spots and then they waitlist everybody else. Therefore you would expect A LOT more movement on the waitlist.

yeah but 75%? the class size is around 100 right? so if they do not overfill the class, you are saying that around 3/4 of the accepted will turn down UCLA? i think not :mad: