UCLA letters sent out--Check Status Page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yeah i would think so too. but when i emailed dean parker a few weeks ago, he said they wouldn't be making any more decisions until early june (i posted his email verbatim in this thread). so i'm not sure if he was referring to those on the waitlist, or those who haven't heard anything yet, but i specifically said in my email to him that i haven't gotten an initial decision yet.

hey bruinator, if you're still reading this thread, have you heard anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

hey bruinator, if you're still reading this thread, have you heard anything yet?

Not a word. A friend of mine who attends geffen told me he was in the same situation, and got an acceptance a few days after may 15th, so i'm optimistic still!

Since it's so close to the deadline, it would make sense for them to hold off on giving acceptances until after May 15th so that people who are accepted can have a full two weeks to make their decision. If they gave out decisions now, for those of us holding acceptances, we would only have a week to decide or even less. For most of us, a week is more than enough (hell, it would take me a day at most if I was accepted), but they can't assume that because they would still need to provide our financial aid packets. Someone from a different admissions office told me this is how it works for their school since I am still waiting on a decision from them. Maybe, UCLA works the same way??? Hopefully???

Members don't see this ad :)
Since it's so close to the deadline, it would make sense for them to hold off on giving acceptances until after May 15th so that people who are accepted can have a full two weeks to make their decision. If they gave out decisions now, for those of us holding acceptances, we would only have a week to decide or even less. For most of us, a week is more than enough (hell, it would take me a day at most if I was accepted), but they can't assume that because they would still need to provide our financial aid packets. Someone from a different admissions office told me this is how it works for their school since I am still waiting on a decision from them. Maybe, UCLA works the same way??? Hopefully???

ahh, i like you're reasoning :laugh: and damn, i hope you're right and that we all get acceptances come may 16th!

I just checked my status page for the first time since my march interview. UCLA "requested" a transcript the last day of january, but I never got such a request. Why would they interview me if they were still waiting for my transcript?

Do people who interviewed in March have a "sent" status on their final decision? Mine is blank and I'm wondering if it is related to my transcript that is still "requested"

I just checked my status page for the first time since my march interview. UCLA "requested" a transcript the last day of january, but I never got such a request. Why would they interview me if they were still waiting for my transcript?

Do people who interviewed in March have a "sent" status on their final decision? Mine is blank and I'm wondering if it is related to my transcript that is still "requested"

i think you were supposed to send in your transcripts before your interview. if i remember correctly, they mentioned this "request" in their online interview invite. you should probably try to get it in ASAP.

i'll call them tomorrow. it may be too late for me, being may 8th and all. looks like i'm going to texas

i'll call them tomorrow. it may be too late for me, being may 8th and all. looks like i'm going to texas

Hey, i actually had the same problem. I called them and they said that the transcript is only required Before matriculation, and that it doesn't affect your decision. I still haven't sent one in. give them a call and see what they say still.

Hey, i actually had the same problem. I called them and they said that the transcript is only required Before matriculation, and that it doesn't affect your decision. I still haven't sent one in. give them a call and see what they say still.

med11, when did you interview?

thanks, that was really helpful. I'll probably delay sending it in then because I got a C+ in a senior level physics class. No need for them to see that. Does your status say they have sent a decision? I worry about mine being blank

i interviewed in march, still no decision.

OK, so I have a way better update now. My boss (an MD and my PI at UCLA) e-mailed my interviewer for me and asked when I would hear.

She said to hang in there; they just finished interviewing this week (!). She just came from a committee meeting today, so decisions are definitely still being made (I don't know why your guy said that, neurofreak). She said that she knows of people who didn't hear until late May last year and that UCLA is "notorious for making late decisions".

So what I took from that is that we may not even hear by May 15th but that there are still many acceptances to give, so hang in there guys!

yay optimism...

thanks again for the update nawla! always helpful and inspiring :D

i don't know either why dean parker told me that...i think he might have thought that i was already on the waitlist and was asking about my chances from there. not sure though...

now, the next logical question is, can your PI pull any strings to get us all acceptances?? :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
OK, so I have a way better update now. My boss (an MD and my PI at UCLA) e-mailed my interviewer for me and asked when I would hear.

She said to hang in there; they just finished interviewing this week (!). She just came from a committee meeting today, so decisions are definitely still being made (I don't know why your guy said that, neurofreak). She said that she knows of people who didn't hear until late May last year and that UCLA is "notorious for making late decisions".

So what I took from that is that we may not even hear by May 15th but that there are still many acceptances to give, so hang in there guys!

yay optimism...

That is a great update, thanks nawla18! Sounds like your interviewer had similar comments to mine, who told me when I interviewed that it could be a long time before I heard anything because UCLA is notoriously slow in making decisions. Either way, if they are finally done interviewing I guess they have to wrap up making decisions soon too! :luck: to us all! I really hope our patience pays off with a flat out acceptance!

just out of curiosity, has anyone sent them an update letter or letter of interest/intent? since i interviewed a while ago, i'm wondering if i should send them some sort of update...

just out of curiosity, has anyone sent them an update letter or letter of interest/intent? since i interviewed a while ago, i'm wondering if i should send them some sort of update...

I sent a letter of intent a week or two after i interviewed.

I sent one yesterday actually. Hope that helps!

Lets see, I interviewed in December, sent an update letter in early February and another in April. For both of those letters, I had key things to update about. I also had one more new recommendation letter go in April too. My PI (an MD) used to be on an admissions committee at another school told me that should be good, you want to show interest but not overwhelm. Also, my premed advisor said that UCLA likes to see continued interest from those on the wait list. Although, we're not on the wait list....we have been waiting a long time, so I figured a few key updates couldn't hurt. Hope that helps!

hey guys, i interviewed the first week of march...and i just called the admissions office saying that i still haven't heard. the woman who picked up asked for my amcas id and everything (i was quite surprised she did that) and then she told me that there has been a letter sent out and i was put on the unranked waitlist. :sigh:

so a lot of you guys should be expecting letters even though it's not indicated on our status pages.

good luck!

hey guys, i interviewed the first week of march...and i just called the admissions office saying that i still haven't heard. the woman who picked up asked for my amcas id and everything (i was quite surprised she did that) and then she told me that there has been a letter sent out and i was put on the unranked waitlist. :sigh:

so a lot of you guys should be expecting letters even though it's not indicated on our status pages.

good luck!

crap...thanks for posting.

anyone else try calling them? i think i might try this afternoon...

good luck!

Sorry to hear that fiji, but thanks for sharing. On the plus side, at least you're on the wait list and not the hold list. That is really unexpected that you would get info like that over the phone, especially with the way they usually respond to status questions.

crap...thanks for posting.

anyone else try calling them? i think i might try this afternoon...

I haven't tried, and I don't think I will I really don't want bad news over the phone. Let us know if you do call though, neuro, and good luck if you do!

good luck!

At least there are still waitlist spots open. I'd take a waitlist position at this point.

I just called the admission office. the lady asked for my AMCAS id and told me that my file is with the admissions committee. Moreover, she said that I should expect to hear back by next week. I interviewed first week of April.
Hope this helps.

so, i didn't want to call, but i couldn't resist the urge and eventually gave in:D

the lady who answered was super nice and asked me for my AMCAS, put me on hold for a while, and then told me that they still haven't made a decision on my file. i then asked her whether i would know for sure by may 15th and she put me on hold again and came back and said that they would probably have a decision by late afternoon today or monday.

so im guessing that the committee met this morning? she did say that i should have some kind of decision by the end of next week.

you guys should try calling if you're interested, especially since the lady that answered the phone today was very cool about it.

the woman is super super nice... i wish she would always answer the phone
i got put on hold and received the same notification - i'll hear sometime next week.

so, i didn't want to call, but i couldn't resist the urge and eventually gave in:D

the lady who answered was super nice and asked me for my AMCAS, put me on hold for a while, and then told me that they still haven't made a decision on my file. i then asked her whether i would know for sure by may 15th and she put me on hold again and came back and said that they would probably have a decision by late afternoon today or monday.

so im guessing that the committee met this morning? she did say that i should have some kind of decision by the end of next week.

you guys should try calling if you're interested, especially since the lady that answered the phone today was very cool about it.

Wow! That is good to know. Thanks for posting neuro! Hopefully we will hear within the next week or so!

I couldn't help it and called too. Where has that lady been all this time??
Anyway, she asked for my AMCAS and said I should hear something "really soon". Do you think that means a decision has been made on my file? If so, why didn't she just tell me like she did with fiji? Am I over-analyzing? Most likely...but what do you guys think?

I couldn't help it and called too. Where has that lady been all this time??
Anyway, she asked for my AMCAS and said I should hear something "really soon". Do you think that means a decision has been made on my file? If so, why didn't she just tell me like she did with fiji? Am I over-analyzing? Most likely...but what do you guys think?

hmm, i don't know it's difficult to say. now that i think about it, that lady has given all of us the exact same response lol, so i'm not sure if it really means anything. at least she was nice about it though.

i was also thinking that if she told fiji that he/she made the unranked waiting list but didn't tell anyone else, does that mean that they really haven't decided on all of us yet, or that she doesn't want to tell us the bad news (hold/rejection) over the phone. who knows....now i am over-analyzing.

oh well, let's try to keep our hopes high and enjoy the weekend :hardy:

HOLY CRAP...LETTER SENT!!!!!!

anyone else get a status change??

ahhhhhhhhhh

oh man..i got it too! Sent today.
I called earlier today, and the lady said my file was still with the committee and that i should hear back by next week...this doesn't look good.

oh man..i got it too! Sent today.
I called earlier today, and the lady said my file was still with the committee and that i should hear back by next week...this doesn't look good.

i know...i don't have a good feeling about it either now :(

letter sent... it doesnt feel like it's good news either...

does anyone from ucla know when URSA is reflected if it's an acceptance?

if it's an acceptance are there more buttons or links such as accepted student checklists, etc in the 'admission status information' ...

letter sent for me too....nothing else.....no link to accepted students checklist.

This is going to be the hardest 5 days of my life.

letter sent... it doesnt feel like it's good news either...

does anyone from ucla know when URSA is reflected if it's an acceptance?

if it's an acceptance are there more buttons or links such as accepted student checklists, etc in the 'admission status information' ...

I was accepted with the first batch, and didn't get anything on URSA until about a week or two after.

status change, nothing on ursa. fingers crossed.

cowgirl, nawla...did you guys get a status change as well?

cowgirl, nawla...did you guys get a status change as well?

Still no change here....I just checked! I have no idea what this all means, but I'm pulling for you that your letter brings good news neuro!:luck: I guess I just have to continue waiting for a decision.

o crap..status change too. :scared: i had kinda given up on ucla. well...this oughta be a fun weekend waiting in suspense...

didn't someone say they called and were waitlisted? i wonder if that is the batch we are in?

o crap..status change too. :scared: i had kinda given up on ucla. well...this oughta be a fun weekend waiting in suspense...

didn't someone say they called and were waitlisted? i wonder if that is the batch we are in?

thanks cowgirl! ahhh, i just hope it's not a rejection. at this this point i'll be relieved to have a spot on their waiting list.

okay im going to try to stay away from SDN until the mail comes tomorrow.

:luck: everyone...stay sane

thanks cowgirl! ahhh, i just hope it's not a rejection. at this this point i'll be relieved to have a spot on their waiting list.

okay im going to try to stay away from SDN until the mail comes tomorrow.

:luck: everyone...stay sane

Good idea! I'll be staying away from SDN this weekend....even though I don't have a letter to be waiting for.....since I'll be away for some family thing.

Good luck everyone waiting for mail!:luck:

omg mine changed too! aaa! I'm going out of town tomorrow morning too, this is going to drive me crazy! I guess the lady wasn't lying :)

Good luck everybody!!! It's almost over! :scared:

my status changed as well today. i'm just thankful i know the results because I'm going out of town on Sunday and won't be back till middle of next week. i can't imagine not knowing until middle of next week what was in my letter. Hopefully she didn't lie to me but i'll be definitely checking this forum while i'm away!

good luck to all of you guys and i hope some of you have acceptances :)

hey yall...just checked my mail: nothing from UCLA

anyone close to los angeles get anything today?

btw, im also from socal

hey yall...just checked my mail: nothing from UCLA

anyone close to los angeles get anything today?

btw, im also from socal

I live in Santa Monica, but my mailman doesn't show up until about 2...so if i find out, i'll let you all know.

Got mail today. Hold. Crap.

Live in Orange County.

Got mail today. Hold. Crap.

Live in Orange County.

ah, man im really sorry to hear that, sketch :(

i hope everything else works out for your this cycle...

blah, not feeling optimistic at all anymore

does anyone know the difference between waitlist and unranked waitlist? which one is better?