UC Postbaccalaureate Consortium 2020-2021 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard from UCLA recently?

Members don't see this ad.

I got the e-mail! I'm not sure if I am able to sign up for it.. do you think this hinders acceptance to the program?
I would hope not! However, considering they sent us the urgent email, I'm sure it's strongly recommended we attempt to sign-up.

Hello, I would also love to hear what changes you made between the two cycles. This is my first year applying :)

Hey, I would love to hear about your insight. I’m thinking of applying next cycle! Please advise

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who applied to UCSF just get an email from the coordinators about MCAT registration?

Also UCSF will be announcing decisions next Friday, 5/15 or early the following week.
I didn't get an email, so I'm assuming they sent it to people they interviewed? UNLESS this has something to do with the fact that my app status to ucsf still says "submitted" :/

Also, does this mean they're not interviewing anymore?

Hello!

I have committed to the UCI postbacc program. This was my second time applying to the UC Consortium cycle and I would also love to help if anyone wants insight on what changes I made between cycles/feedback I received/ anything helpful :)

I’d love to hear about your insight please!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't get an email, so I'm assuming they sent it to people they interviewed? UNLESS this has something to do with the fact that my app status to ucsf still says "submitted" :/

Also, does this mean they're not interviewing anymore?
I also have "submitted" instead of "complete", but I'm not sure if it means that it hasn't been reviewed yet or not. I've email the postbacc program and they responded that the application is currently being under review by the partnered schools.

Btw, does anyone know if Davis or SF send out rejection letters?

I emailed the program coordinator and am waiting for a response. It doesn’t matter, the AAMC MCAT registration server has a gnarly wait time.
yeah ive been waiting for almost 4 hours :( also emailed the program director yesterday evening, no response

Members don't see this ad :)
How's everyone holding up? Any updates?
Falling apart haha. Anyone know if UCD or UCSF will send out more interview invites? Anyone applying to UCR? I'm trying to wrap up my application for UCR, tho I'm not from IE (I have strong ties to it tho, doubt that'll help tho). I've been working on Plan B (get a job as a scribe/medical assistant/research assistant) and hopefully that would help pay for DIY postbac classes I need to take, but it's been hard and I'm not hearing back from employers either :/ Feeling quite unlucky today

Nothing so far, just a rejection from UCI

Falling apart haha. Anyone know if UCD or UCSF will send out more interview invites? Anyone applying to UCR? I'm trying to wrap up my application for UCR, tho I'm not from IE (I have strong ties to it tho, doubt that'll help tho). I've been working on Plan B (get a job as a scribe/medical assistant/research assistant) and hopefully that would help pay for DIY postbac classes I need to take, but it's been hard and I'm not hearing back from employers either :/ Feeling quite unlucky today

Applying to UCR as well. It can be very discouraging at times but all we can do is keep moving forward, keep pushing, keep trying to make yourself better. That’s really all we can do. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 2 users
I emailed UCSF, and told them about my difficulty registering for the MCAT. When I finally got a September date, I notified them. No response from them yet!

And I'm still waiting to hear back from UCD for a secondary. Besides that, a rejection from UCI and no word from UCSF.

For people committing to programs this year how will you guys finance for postbacc program? I’ve applied for FAFSA but I was wondering if you guys know of any scholarships we can apply to receive funds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
For people committing to programs this year how will you guys finance for postbacc program? I’ve applied for FAFSA but I was wondering if you guys know of any scholarships we can apply to receive funds?

My thoughts also

I believe some schools offer graduate loans and stipends, since working is highly discouraged.

I got an email saying I was selected as an alternate for UCSF 2020-2021 cohort (their kind way of saying waitlisted). I was kind of bummed at first, but I asked around and an alum informed that they keep the waitlist less than 5 people. So if anyone else got that email... Hopefully we get an acceptance soon. Fingers crossed! because I haven't heard back from any others..

Last edited:
I got an email saying I was selected an an alternate for UCSF 2020-2021 cohort (their kind way of saying waitlisted). I was kind of bummed at first, but I asked around and an alum informed that they keep the waitlist less than 5 people. So if anyone else got that email... Hopefully we get an acceptance soon. Fingers crossed! because I haven't heard back from any others..
Wishing you the best of luck! When did you interview with UCSF?

Last edited:
Not yet, but I'm hoping they will come out with decisions latest next week, since I have to plan around leaving my job, etc., especially since the summer session is supposed to start in June. :/

Has anyone heard from UCLA recently?

I got an email saying I was selected as an alternate for UCSF 2020-2021 cohort (their kind way of saying waitlisted). I was kind of bummed at first, but I asked around and an alum informed that they keep the waitlist less than 5 people. So if anyone else got that email... Hopefully we get an acceptance soon. Fingers crossed! because I haven't heard back from any others..
I also got this :( hoping for the best

Does anyone else still have yet to interview?...

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows if the interview cycle for UCSF and UCD has ended? Haven't heard any updates from either school. :(

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows if the interview cycle for UCSF and UCD has ended? Haven't heard any updates from either school. :(
I haven't heard anything either, despite emailing them. Since people are getting waitlist notifications from UCSF, I assume UCSF isn't interviewing anymore? That's just my guess...

For those of you on the UCSF waitlist, did the program let you know when you would be contacted or any details about final decisions?
not really, they basically just said we will know by the time the program starts on june 16th

I got an acceptance phone call yesterday! But I’m slightly worried because I never got an official email yet which she said to expect

Congratulations! I’m sure it will be soon. Do mind if ask who called you? Did they say they finalized the cohort?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Greetings everyone,

I am writing in hopes of getting people to have hopes. Along many of you, I was not getting a response from UC San Francisco. Basing of last year's timeline, it seems that they send out 1 big round of interviews and it seems like majority of people got accepted from this batch. Guessing this I sent an appeal letter (April 17th) when the set of people posted about receiving their interviews. I did not think they actually do anything about it, but I got an email invite. They interviewed was on May 5th. Since it was later than most people I did not get the standard link on the website until the weekend before. On May 15 I got the call at 9:36 am and follow up email late that afternoon. I apologize if it seems like I cut the line, but this was really important for me. One of the questions I asked in the interview was "when do we expect to hear back," the response included "the 11 others should ... (along lines of submit their response)" so take that as you may.

Lessons I would like to share Do not give up. I have unsupporting family members expecting me to do traditional jobs for women (be at home, etc.) Do not worry so much on grammar/English when working on your personal statement, but instead focus on content and your story. (English is my 3rd language and learned middle school). Apply to other postbac, due dates for most is June so get to it.

Can not wait to see you all as colleagues :)

Good luck
Good on you and best of luck! I want to add that there’s no indication of UCSF sending acceptances yet (per my knowledge). So please keep the faith everyone!

Good on you and best of luck! I want to add that there’s no indication of UCSF sending acceptances yet (per my knowledge). So please keep the faith everyone!

Doesn't that post by esteralmed say that they did get an invite? "On May 15 I got the call at 9:36 am and follow up email late that afternoon."
I was told during my interview with UCSF that May 5 and May 18 are the dates when the admissions committee is going to meet and decide their acceptances. Sounds like probably contacted the people who got reviewed on May 5th?

They also said that they weren't sure if they would get through reviewing everyone on the first date, because they were "interviewing a lot of people" so I most likely would be hearing back later in the week of May 18th, but "before June 1st for sure".

I interviewed on April 20 for reference. I haven't gotten waitlisted but I also haven't gotten the urgent email from UCSF about registering for the MCAT that some people have been referring to.

Bonus info : I also had a poor primary interview with UC Davis on May 11 with no word on a secondary (sad face) and a rejection without interview from UCI.

Doesn't that post by esteralmed say that they did get an invite? "On May 15 I got the call at 9:36 am and follow up email late that afternoon."
I was told during my interview with UCSF that May 5 and May 18 are the dates when the admissions committee is going to meet and decide their acceptances. Sounds like probably contacted the people who got reviewed on May 5th?

They also said that they weren't sure if they would get through reviewing everyone on the first date, because they were "interviewing a lot of people" so I most likely would be hearing back later in the week of May 18th, but "before June 1st for sure".

I interviewed on April 20 for reference. I haven't gotten waitlisted but I also haven't gotten the urgent email from UCSF about registering for the MCAT that some people have been referring to.

Bonus info : I also had a poor primary interview with UC Davis on May 11 with no word on a secondary (sad face) and a rejection without interview from UCI.
I believe they got the call to schedule an interview! I meant luck for the decision about them! There were a number of us interviewed back in April (atleast on this forum) who have yet to be contacted in regards to final decisions. I also interviewed on April 20th, but received the MCAT email. In that email, we were told that decisions for UCSF would be coming out last Friday or early this week! So the best we can do is just wait and hope!

Hello everyone!

To everyone who has committed to UC Davis postbacc program, I’ve created a Facebook group! Feel free to join so we can discuss housing or other questions you may have :)

Happy Monday!!

Hi, where was this posted? Or was this a private message (sorry, I'm not very familiar with using sdn).

Has anyone applies to Charles Drew's (CDU) postbac program? Or KGI's postbac? I got accepted to KGI's program but I am not comfortable about attending (I would definitely prefer the other postbacs). It's hard to decide what to do when I haven't heard from the other programs either. Im trying to keep faith and Im wishing the best for everyone here!
It was a comment made earlier today, but the person delete it. Don't know much about KGI unfortunately, but I've heard a few positive reviews about the program.

Hi,

I wanted to notify y'all that I was accepted at UCSF (5/14)! Has anyone else been accepted as well? I wanna start a FB group :)

Hi, where was this posted? Or was this a private message (sorry, I'm not very familiar with using sdn).

Has anyone applies to Charles Drew's (CDU) postbac program? Or KGI's postbac? I got accepted to KGI's program but I am not comfortable about attending (I would definitely prefer the other postbacs). It's hard to decide what to do when I haven't heard from the other programs either. Im trying to keep faith and Im wishing the best for everyone here!
My friend applied to Drew and got an interview, he just asked me for tips yesterday. I don't know when his interview is though. I have another friend who currently goes to CDU! Please message me if you want more info, his experience is why I didn't apply.

Hi,

I wanted to notify y'all that I was accepted at UCSF (5/14)! Has anyone else been accepted as well? I wanna start a FB group :)
Congrats! Were you notified through email or phone call?

anyone know about the UCLA RAP program, I interviewed in April and was told I would be notified by May 6 about the acceptance and still haven't received anything yet, and emailed them and still no response! The thing is I was already accepted to Johns Hopkins HSI program which starts next week May 27th, and I was waiting for UCLA RAP response to decide! anyone has advice or information that could help... thank you

So they call to schedule an interview for any school, or just UCSF?

anyone know about the UCLA RAP program, I interviewed in April and was told I would be notified by May 6 about the acceptance and still haven't received anything yet, and emailed them and still no response! The thing is I was already accepted to Johns Hopkins HSI program which starts next week May 27th, and I was waiting for UCLA RAP response to decide! anyone has advice or information that could help... thank you

Also was told I would be notified by may 6th and to contact them if I didn’t Hear back. I contacted them via email and phone and they said they were still making decisions. Tbh if your program starts in may 27th I would be real with them and tell them I have an acceptance already but I like this program more so is there any chance you can tell me my decision so I can move forward. It’s a big move but considering that your program starts on the 27th, you really have nothing to loose.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I got a phone call acceptance 1 week ago though no confirmation email yet