UC Post-Bacc Consortium 2015 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what are everybody plans if not accepted into the UC post bacc consortium?

The postbac is definitely my first choice because the grades will help my undergraduate gpa, but if things don't work out, I'll be doing a masters program. Interviewing at Western tomorrow and stalling on paying my deposit for Midwestern AZ - Midwestern is so expensive ><!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The postbac is definitely my first choice because the grades will help my undergraduate gpa, but if things don't work out, I'll be doing a masters program. Interviewing at Western tomorrow and stalling on paying my deposit for Midwestern AZ - Midwestern is so expensive ><!

How much are they asking for the deposit if I may ask?

How much are they asking for the deposit if I may ask?

The deposit for Midwestern is $750 :(. I believe it's only $250 for the Western MSMS program. Not quite sure how much it's going to be for the UCD program. I suppose they'll give us those details at the 2nd interview.

I'm applying to this and have a back up. The odds of admission aren't lottery bad. did any of you apply to DO schools?

Does anyone know when is the deadline for UC Davis to send interview invites??

Does anyone know when is the deadline for UC Davis to send interview invites??

Now this is just an educated guess, but considering that the summer MCAT prep begins in late June, I would think that they're at most going to have 2 dates for secondary interviews. It seems that primary interviews have been conducted only on Thursdays thus far. This gives this upcoming Thursday and next Thursday before the first secondary interview happens on May 7th. Assuming 1 week turn around for a decision after secondary interviews and if they haven't filled the class by then, I'd assume the last secondary interview would happen around the 21st of May.

This is all just an educated guess giving consideration that for those accepted, we would need time to prepare for housing, health clearance paperwork, registration, and financial aid related things so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Now this is just an educated guess, but considering that the summer MCAT prep begins in late June, I would think that they're at most going to have 2 dates for secondary interviews. It seems that primary interviews have been conducted only on Thursdays thus far. This gives this upcoming Thursday and next Thursday before the first secondary interview happens on May 7th. Assuming 1 week turn around for a decision after secondary interviews and if they haven't filled the class by then, I'd assume the last secondary interview would happen around the 21st of May.

This is all just an educated guess giving consideration that for those accepted, we would need time to prepare for housing, health clearance paperwork, registration, and financial aid related things so take what I say with a grain of salt.
Thank you for replying. If the interview is conducted on a Thursday, when is the invite sent?

I received my initial Skype interview invite on a Thursday, and it was scheduled for the following Thursday. So I suspect it'd be the same for this next group - they received their interview invites sometime last Thursday for this Thursday and that the same will apply for the next Thursday if there is one.

I received my initial Skype interview invite on a Thursday, and it was scheduled for the following Thursday. So I suspect it'd be the same for this next group - they received their interview invites sometime last Thursday for this Thursday and that the same will apply for the next Thursday if there is one.
thank u...

Hi guys!

First time posting on here ..

I had my initial Skype interview with UCD last Thursday as well, and was scheduled for an in person interview for next Thursday the same day! I also received a call from UCSF THIS morning for an interview!! So schools are still processing apps :) Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! When did you submit your application? and your stats? if you don't mind :)

Hi guys!

I had my initial Skype interview with UCD last Thursday as well, and was scheduled for an in person interview for next Thursday the same day! I also received a call from UCSF THIS morning for an interview!! So schools are still processing apps :) Good luck!!
Congrats! When did you submit your application? and your stats? if you don't mind :)

I submitted my application in time for the UCI Deadline, so like March 10th!

My stats aren't that great, so I'm only sharing because I want to give you all hope!!

Science: 2.97
Overall: 2.92

I think/hope my extracurriculars, personal statement and references are what got me to where I am. Thank God for holistic review!! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my application in time for the UCI Deadline, so like March 10th!

My stats aren't that great, so I'm only sharing because I want to give you all hope!!

Science: 2.97
Overall: 2.92

I think/hope my extracurriculars, personal statement and references are what got me to where I am. Thank God for holistic review!! :)

Congrats!, when do you have your UCSF interview?

Just got the call this morning, I've been invited to interview with UC Davis!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Hi guys!

Hi! thanks for posting this information up. Would you mind clarifying something for us? You had your Skype interview on 4/16 and you have your in person interview on 4/30? I was wondering because someone told me that the first interview day Davis was offering in person was 5/7. Any insight will help. Thanks again!

Hi everyone! I wanted to update all of you on my current situation with Post Bacc interviews. BTW I posted my stats a couple of days back. As of now here is my stats

UCD skype interview:4/9
UCD in person: 5/7
UCSF: 4/28

Questions are similar to the ones you see in past threads: Why medicine, tell me about yourself, extracurricular/experiences...etc. I agree with everyone comment about being yourself. You don't want to sound rehearsed but also don't want to sound like your coming up with stuff on the spot. I would say practice with someone have them ask you questions and have them give you feedback. BTW the UCD Skype interview is only like 15min long and in person will be with other applicants along with an individual one lasting 15 min.

Good luck everyone!

just got my rejection letter from UCI.

haha, it is my second time around, and i just don't understand how to improve my apps. So i think i am just gonna do my own post bacc program and retake the mcat. i see this rejection as a challenge :). Congrats on those who got accepted into UCI!

haha, it is my second time around, and i just don't understand how to improve my apps. So i think i am just gonna do my own post bacc program and retake the mcat. i see this rejection as a challenge :). Congrats on those who got accepted into UCI!
There is still hope from UCD, UCSF and UCR :)

There's still UCD UCSF and UCR!! Don't lose hope. Also, there a tons of postbacc programs in California! Look into them because many of them are far less competitive than the UC postbaccs.

I received my UCI rejection email today too...I doubt they even read my app. They didn't even bother responding to any of my emails...

There's still UCD UCSF and UCR!! Don't lose hope. Also, there a tons of postbacc programs in California! Look into them because many of them are far less competitive than the UC postbaccs.

I received my UCI rejection email today too...I doubt they even read my app. They didn't even bother responding to any of my emails...

aw, yeah their deadline was so early... hahaha. I think i screwed up my chances for uc davis's second interview bcus i had technical difficulties with skype lol -_-. so i was rushing to get through the interview in 10 minutes. and as of UCR i know that they take SO LONG to hear back from.

Last edited:
Hi! thanks for posting this information up. Would you mind clarifying something for us? You had your Skype interview on 4/16 and you have your in person interview on 4/30? I was wondering because someone told me that the first interview day Davis was offering in person was 5/7. Any insight will help. Thanks again!

Hi! Yes, my mistake, my Skype interview was on 4/16 and may in person is on 5/7.

My UCSF one is on May 12.

Update: rejected from UCI (wtf) LOL

Also rejected from UCI, but I figured as much since my app was late lol.

How long did it take you guys to get things marked as received on the website? It's been close to 4 weeks since when I mailed out my transcripts and letters of recs but only 1 transcript has been marked as received.

How long did it take you guys to get things marked as received on the website? It's been close to 4 weeks since when I mailed out my transcripts and letters of recs but only 1 transcript has been marked as received.

Mine took about a month to process. :(

Thanks everyone! i just got an interview invite to Charles Drew University post bacc program in LA :).

It took about a week for mine to say complete, give them a call to make sure they received the documents.

It took about 3 weeks for me. You should probably give them a call or consider resending them.

They never pick up when someone calls right? You have to leave a voicemail or have I had bad luck reaching them?

I called them and they answer, when they received my letters of recommendation they didn't processed one of them for some reason, I called and they fixed it.

i heard ucr gives priority to students who went to UCR, idk if thats true.

I just got invited to interview for UCSF! I thought I had little to no chance of them reading my application because it was completed so late in the game, but they called me this afternoon. So to anyone who has not heard back yet, don't give up hope!
Applied: 3/12/15
Completed: 4/9/15
Sent to: UCD, UCI,UCSF,UCR
Interviews: UCSF - 5/13,
Acceptances: no offers yet