UC Post-Bacc Consortium 2015 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone else having issues with the Consortium not having transcripts that were sent processed as received??

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you that got an interview with UCI, did you submit your application by March 1st or March 16th? Thank you!

I submitted my application on 2/16 and it was complete (all supporting documents received and uploaded) on 3/16.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What other postbacc programs are you all applying to? Given how competitive the UC postbacc program is, I feel like I need some backups....

Has anyone heard from UCR? I was reading thru last years forum and UCR seemed to accept 1 person or just doesn't follow any type of schedule. Any input?

Also, I recommend those who want a California back-up post bacc to apply to CSUEB, the process is effortless...I have some comfort knowing I got into CSUEB if all else fails.

Has anyone heard from UCR? I was reading thru last years forum and UCR seemed to accept 1 person or just doesn't follow any type of schedule. Any input?

Also, I recommend those who want a California back-up post bacc to apply to CSUEB, the process is effortless...I have some comfort knowing I got into CSUEB if all else fails.
From reading through past threads, I've noticed that UCR is notoriously slow. Because they seem to send their invitations around May, most people don't hear back until the beginning of June, which by then most of the accepted may be too busy getting ready for their program or looking for places to live that they might not post. So you shouldn't worry about UCR at this time. For them, it is still very early in the game. In regards to the other programs, we should expect to hear back from them any time soon, especially now that it is April.

I heard from UCD this morning they started sending out invites for first interviews. The first set of interviews will be on Skype and the second set of interviews will be in person. I was scheduled for April 9th on Skype.

I heard from UCD this morning they started sending out invites for first interviews. The first set of interviews will be on Skype and the second set of interviews will be in person. I was scheduled for April 9th on Skype.
What day did you get verified and when did you submit your app/documents?

My application is not yet verified and I'm seriously afraid that most spots will be taken before my application even gets looked at... (T^T)

Date applied: 2/02/2015
Date verified/received: 2/12/2015
Application sent to: UCI, UCD, UCSF, UCR
Interview offer/date: UCI: 3/24. UCD: 4/9.
Acceptance: (no offers yet)

I submitted my LOR's the day after I submitted my app and they were uploaded on 3/6 and 3/9 and my transcripts were uploaded on 3/10.
It seems they have a lot of spots left for interviews, UCD does have the most spots in the consortium, you shouldn't worry just yet!

I submitted my LOR's the day after I submitted my app and they were uploaded on 3/6 and 3/9 and my transcripts were uploaded on 3/10.
It seems they have a lot of spots left for interviews, UCD does have the most spots in the consortium, you shouldn't worry just yet!

Thanks for all the information. I guess most of the people getting interviews right now are the ones who submitted really early on.

Congratulations! Did UCI tell you how long they would take to get back to you? Cause they told me 1-2 weeks at the end of my interview. So you should be hearing back soon too!

Also, did they email or call you?

talked to UCI today...and they said they are still reviewing applications and will probably interview until the end of April.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else having issues with the Consortium not having transcripts that were sent processed as received??

not me, sorry. when did you send yours in? maybe there are still in the pile waiting to be processed. :)

I turned in my transcripts in Jan.2015.

I submitted my app on 03/08.
My transcripts and letters were processed 03/23.

My application is still pending because one of my letters isn't there yet :(

I submitted January but found out that transcripts were not sent. my last transcript was post marked 3/11/15 but they haven't processed it yet

Today at 2:50 PM
Date applied: 2/02/2015
Date verified/received: 2/12/2015
Application sent to: UCI, UCD, UCSF, UCR
Interview offer/date: UCI: 3/24. UCD: 4/9.
Acceptance: (no offers yet)

Hi Bianca,

I think I saw you at Irvine the day of your interview. I had mine right after you. Have you heard back? I am still keeping my fingers crossed.

My stats:
Applied: 1/28/15
Completed: 2/6/15
Sent to: UCD, UCI,UCSF,UCR
Interviews: UCI (late march), UCD (next week), UCSF (Late April).
Acceptances: no offers yet

I submitted January but found out that transcripts were not sent. my last transcript was post marked 3/11/15 but they haven't processed it yet

Same here! I just got an email from my CC and they said that my student account was apparently on hold and that they didn't send my transcripts. I emailed the program and attached my unofficial transcripts but I don't know if they'll even consider my application anymore.

Hi Bianca,

I think I saw you at Irvine the day of your interview. I had mine right after you. Have you heard back? I am still keeping my fingers crossed.

My stats:

you heard from both ucd and ucsf already?? wow!

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations! Did UCI tell you how long they would take to get back to you? Cause they told me 1-2 weeks at the end of my interview. So you should be hearing back soon too!

Also, did they email or call you?

Thank you, and congrats on your interview too :)
No the didn't tell me and I didn't ask! I did ask how many spots they had and it said it really depended on the applicants they received but last year they had 11 students.

Hi Bianca,

My stats:

Hey! Yes I remember you, we were the only ones that day. I haven't heard back unfortunately. Hopefully we all receive some good news, fingers crossed here too! I'd be happy to get in anywhere.

you heard from both ucd and ucsf already?? wow!
Yes I feel very blessed I heard back from UCSF and UCD this week. I hope others start hearing back soon. I know they were reviewing applications turned in earlier. Good luck everyone!

Hey! Yes I remember you, we were the only ones that day. I haven't heard back unfortunately. Hopefully we all receive some good news, fingers crossed here too! I'd be happy to get in anywhere.
Hehehe I'm glad I ran into you! Well let's keep in touch hopefully we get into the same programs and can plan ahead together

Yes I feel very blessed I heard back from UCSF and UCD this week. I hope others start hearing back soon. I know they were reviewing applications turned in earlier. Good luck everyone!

Did UCD/UCSF call or email you about the interviews?

Accepted to UCI yesterday 4/3 by email :)
But I still need to do the other interviews, they're giving me til the 15th to decide :(

@M.D.reamerAB540 @biancanieves7 Thanks for sharing and congrats on the acceptance bianca!! :) I hope my app can be verified this week, so that schools can start reviewing my app. I have similar stats to you all, so hopefully they'll show some love.

Application completed on 3/1 and no hate or love..:(

Accepted to UCI yesterday 4/3 by email :)
But I still need to do the other interviews, they're giving me til the 15th to decide :(

congrats bianca. I would love to go to UCI post bacc. it's my alma mater :). I just heard back from uc davis so far... i hope irvine still has interviews..

Accepted to UC Irvine on Friday:soexcited: I also have until 4/15 to let them know.:shrug: @biancanieves7 do you live in NorCal or SoCal?

congrats bianca. I would love to go to UCI post bacc. it's my alma mater :). I just heard back from uc davis so far... i hope irvine still has interviews..
When were you complete? And congrats on ucd

When were you complete? And congrats on ucd

To @strawkittii
I completed my application on 1/28/2015 and all the documents were received on 2/9/15. I haven't got accepted into uc davis, i should have said I have gotten an interview for their program. Lol. But I have not yet to hear from UC Irvine. I really like UCI tho, the upper div bio classes are alot easier. Too everyone who has not heard back, do not give up hope, this is my second time applying to the UC post bacc consortium.

To @strawkittii
I completed my application on 1/28/2015 and all the documents were received on 2/9/15. I haven't got accepted into uc davis, i should have said I have gotten an interview for their program. Lol. But I have not yet to hear from UC Irvine. I really like UCI tho, the upper div bio classes are alot easier. Too everyone who has not heard back, do not give up hope, this is my second time applying to the UC post bacc consortium.

That's what I meant! congrats on hearing back from UCD, better than the >50% of us waiting to hear back from any of the campuses :)

Thanks @strawkittii . Don't give up hope! im pretty sure they will still grant more interviews. you got this :)

for those of you guys who have interviewed already.. do you have any tips >.<?

for those of you guys who have interviewed already.. do you have any tips >.<?

Be true to yourself, know your story. Look up the typical interview questions because every interview will ask you, in part, the same questions (strengths, weaknesses, why M.D., tell us a little about yourself, etc.). If possible, practice saying it to yourself or to someone else so you can hear yourself say it. Well crafted, intelligible answers always come off better, and it shows.

omg my application is finally complete!!! I really hope UCI will still show me some love!!! >.>

Is anyone else feeling a little nervous? My app was complete on March 24 and I havent heard anything. Looking at past threads, this week might be the last week UCI will send out interviews. Since UCI is my top choice I am more nervous than ever today since they tend to send out invites on Thursdays. I am starting to look at other programs in case I dont get in anywhere. Still I am optomistic that I will hear from one soon- just trying to keep the hope up at this point.

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone else feeling a little nervous? My app was complete on March 24 and I havent heard anything. Looking at past threads, this week might be the last week UCI will send out interviews. Since UCI is my top choice I am more nervous than ever today since they tend to send out invites on Thursdays. I am starting to look at other programs in case I dont get in anywhere. Still I am optomistic that I will hear from one soon- just trying to keep the hope up at this point.

I feel the same. This waiting is painfully stressful. I hope people are still updating this forum as needed.:(

I feel the same way way especially since I submitted my app of March 8th. But one of my letter writers did send my letter late so I might not even be considered for the UCI program. I hope they process and update materials quickly. It sucks waiting to see if I will even be considered for the programs at all. Luckily, I did apply to the UCSD post-bac and fortunately, had an interview with them. I am waiting to hear back from their decision in 2 weeks.

I just spoke with UC Post-bac and they said that they are still processing application materials. phew. that makes me feel better.

I sent several emails to the UCI postbacc asking them whether they've sent all their interview invites already and have yet to get a response. It's so hard to get in contact with them...

@goriku671 can you let us know if uci contacts you back ... im trying to get ahold of them.