UC Davis c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats butterjelly and I hope you hear good news Sallydog!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats butterjelly on your acceptance!!! I'm extra happy for you because I'm #13 on the waitlist, so the fact that you got in at #7 gives me a lot more hope than I had last week!

sallydog, have you called yasmin yet??

I called when I first got designated as an alternate, but I haven't called since.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called when I first got designated as an alternate, but I haven't called since.

you should call yasmin, she is always more than happy to update me on my waitlist situation. i probably called her like three times last week just because i didn't want to have to send in my deposit to OSU this saturday.. but ended up doing so anyway. will be canceling that check! lol

I didn't forget about helping to plan a get-together for us city-dwellers living amongst angels. Still gonna happen. Just got to pick a the date and venue and spread the word about. I guess in reality that means everything still needs to be done. Hmmm... anyway, hope you're all well. And I hate seeing the Davis thread circling the drain at the bottom of the forum. Cheers! :D

Yay!!!!!!!!!

And please, let us know where all you la county SoCal people are so we can narrow down on a place.

That's because you're all so busy spamming the **** out of the FB page. :smuggrin:

Between that and celebrating each Philly win in the NHL playoffs, I am exhausted. Fortunately, I got Davis' blessing to drop a class. This should free up some time.

That's because you're all so busy spamming the **** out of the FB page. :smuggrin:

"I know I re-posted this housing opening 13 times already, but I just wanted to make sure everyone who needs to see it does. We need 1 more roommate for our house of 5. Your rent will be $650 and you will be sharing a bathroom with 3 people and a small family of pygmy goats. No pets, sorry--we already have enough."

I might be a exaggerating a little, but wasn't this the point of the housing doc?

Pygmy goats are cuuuute!!!!

Hahahaha yeah. I was spammed with those too and then realized it was the same one I saw before

Members don't see this ad :)
Thurs night? The Hudson, or the Surly Goat? I'm partial because of their proximity to my cave. The closer it gets to finals, the harder it will be for me to make it. Up to you guys though. August, did you drop a class that you were taking that Davis does not require? I'm taking a class right now that I enrolled in incase Davis wasn't an option, and I really wish I didn't have to worry about it. Just curious what they said when you asked if you could drop it.

Thurs night? The Hudson, or the Surly Goat? I'm partial because of their proximity to my cave. The closer it gets to finals, the harder it will be for me to make it. Up to you guys though. August, did you drop a class that you were taking that Davis does not require? I'm taking a class right now that I enrolled in incase Davis wasn't an option, and I really wish I didn't have to worry about it. Just curious what they said when you asked if you could drop it.

Thursdays are fine for me. Tomorrow night would be too little notice for most. So perhaps next week? Does anyone here have a problem with Thursdays?

And yes, I called admissions about dropping a class that took for no real reason but because I thought it might be interesting and would keep my brain sharp. Neither has been the case. The woman on the phone told me that so long as the class is not an outstanding pre-requisite that they do not care whether or not I drop it or not. So, yeah, I would imagine that you were free to drop the class. You might still want to contact them directly just to be safe. But unless you accepted with the contingency of completing additional classes, it seems that our application is now complete.

He was also spamming your page, rubbing in your pain and sadness with under the belt comments about Sid Crosby who I know (after being appropriately trained) is the best hockey player and person in the world on the best hockey team ever. It was pretty mean! You'll need lots of counseling and bacon to feel better after that.

He was also spamming your page, rubbing in your pain and sadness with under the belt comments about Sid Crosby who I know (after being appropriately trained) is the best hockey player and person in the world on the best hockey team ever. It was pretty mean! You'll need lots of counseling and bacon to feel better after that.

Now I HAVE to check this out.

That was not spamming, that was educating. Crosby really does look like Butthead, friends of Beavis. I am clearly the victim here!!!

Yesterday was a temporary respite from the aforementioned pain and sadness because the Penguins won 10-3.

Yesterday was a temporary respite from the aforementioned pain and sadness because the Penguins won 10-3.

If I am laying it on too heavy, I sincerely do apologize and will pare my commentary back. Trash-talking has always been a fun part of sports for me. In the end, after all, it's just a game. Bunch of grown men and women playing with rubber balls and pucks. Cheers, my friend. Have a pleasant day. :D

If I am laying it on too heavy, I sincerely do apologize and will pare my commentary back. Trash-talking has always been a fun part of sports for me.

lol it doesn't really bother me or anything, I'm used to it. I've never been much of a trash-talker personally - as a player I prefer to let my skills speak for me, and as a fan I'm too pessimistic, haha.

Although there have been 'incidents' where I've lost my head while I'm playing. I may or may not have made gestures that implied a deficiency in penis length towards guys who were butthurt about losing to girls and intentionally injuring teammates of mine when my womens' team played in the adult league once, for instance. :laugh:

Although there have been 'incidents' where I've lost my head while I'm playing. I may or may not have made gestures that implied a deficiency in penis length towards guys who were butthurt about losing to girls and intentionally injuring teammates of mine when my womens' team played in the adult league once, for instance. :laugh:

See, and this is were my admiration for you is deeply rooted. I regret never playing any truly physical sports like hockey or football. I played basketball and baseball through high school and can still hold my own on the court or softball field. :lol:

As a fan, well... I'm from Philly. You can do the easy math. ;)

Hey guys! What are the two computers Davis is having you pick from this year?

Do you guys know what version of the tablet?

The school is still solidifying the model and making the vendor negotiations, but our class got the Lenovo x220 tablet. I suspect it will be the same for C/O 2016. It's an outstanding machine.

See, and this is were my admiration for you is deeply rooted. I regret never playing any truly physical sports like hockey or football. I played basketball and baseball through high school and can still hold my own on the court or softball field. :lol:

As a fan, well... I'm from Philly. You can do the easy math. ;)

Sounds like we'll need to get some IM games going for sure! IM softball is one of my favorites.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile

Sounds like we'll need to get some IM games going for sure! IM softball is one of my favorites.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SDN Mobile

:thumbup: for IM softball! My veterinary mentor stresses the importance of physical exercise during DVM. Also recommends that I look into transcendental meditation. He swears he disappears into his office to meditate around 4PM each day. I still think he's napping.

:\He swears he disappears into his office to meditate around 4PM each day. I still think he's napping.

He wouldn't be the only one, I know a lot of vet students who need their naps to not be cranky. Kind of like at a nursing home. :laugh:

And if I didn't play hockey as often as I do, I would go even insaner than I already am!

He wouldn't be the only one, I know a lot of vet students who need their naps to not be cranky. Kind of like at a nursing home. :laugh:

And if I didn't play hockey as often as I do, I would go even insaner than I already am!

I really thought that the "grieving room" of the VMTH was just a peaceful place students went to doze off in during long shifts. I have since been told that this is not the case and feel bad for being so cynical. :cool:

I really thought that the "grieving room" of the VMTH was just a peaceful place students went to doze off in during long shifts. I have since been told that this is not the case and feel bad for being so cynical. :cool:

Uhm, actually, it's a very popular napping place for residents and students ;) But shhh... I didn't tell you that.

You think I could perhaps put on a wig and lace up in one of your leagues. Would surely be beneficial to keeping me sane and afford me the chance to take out some of my frustrations on the opposite sex, whom more often than not leave me scratching my head in bewilderment and reaching for a stiff drink. Thanks!!

For those that do not visit the class facebook page, some of the local brethren will be meeting up Thursday at 6:30pm at The Fat Dog. 801 N. Fairfax. Bring whomever, just prepare to leave your dignity at home. And no flash photography please. :laugh:

You think I could perhaps put on a wig and lace up in one of your leagues. Would surely be beneficial to keeping me sane and afford me the chance to take out some of my frustrations on the opposite sex, whom more often than not leave me scratching my head in bewilderment and reaching for a stiff drink. Thanks!!

Hey man, don't blame us for your apparent inability to relate to half of the earth's population. ;)

You could just play with the sexist dudes on the teams we played against, with that kind of attitude you'll fit right in! :smuggrin:

Hey man, don't blame us for your apparent inability to relate to half of the earth's population. ;)

You could just play with the sexist dudes on the teams we played against, with that kind of attitude you'll fit right in! :smuggrin:

Thanks for the wake-up call. So, any thoughts on the rest of the playoff season? You think Philly can make it out of the East? Who you like?

I'm jealous of the 2015's lenovos. The 2014's aren't nearly as nice....but I guess they're at least better than 2013's To****bas!

I'm jealous of the 2015's lenovos. The 2014's aren't nearly as nice....but I guess they're at least better than 2013's To****bas!

Yeah, what I wouldn't give to get a permanent lenovo loaner!

How late are LA people planning on staying at The Fat Dog on Thurs? I have class until 6:30, so if its only going to be for a short while, I may just end up seeing you guys on Aug 13!

What kind of issues?

LOL - lots!

Just some of the issues that I have either experienced 1st hand or heard/seen other people experience with the Toshibas: battery fails to hold a charge over time, power cords stop working, area where adapter attaches becomes too loose, screens needing to be replaced, viruses (lots of those issues despite the security software that we all have), pen for tablet fails to work (either sporadically or permanently), overheating, running out of space, processor too slow, not enough RAM, graphics are horrible, bluetooth fails to work, printer drivers randomly uninstalled, one-note crashing, failing to return to screen once lid closed (screen stays black despite being on the whole time), failing to resume from hibernation mode...

I could go on...

There is a reason I never bought a Toshiba before coming to vet school, and I will never touch one again once I graduate!