UC Davis c/o 2028 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
yes it was om, i had 2 cali numbers. one was 530 the other two were 650

Congrats to everyone who got accepted tonight!! Ive loved reading yalls updates. I am applying for the first time next cycle and was wondering if some people would be willing to post or dm me their stats and if theres anything you think you did that helped you stand out! Would greatly appreciate it

Congrats to everyone who got accepted tonight!! Ive loved reading yalls updates. I am applying for the first time next cycle and was wondering if some people would be willing to post or dm me their stats and if theres anything you think you did that helped you stand out! Would greatly appreciate it
IS acceptance:
3.86 science/last 45
2,000+ hours as small animal assistant
100+ research
Best of luck!!

oos acceptance
overall gpa 3.91
science gpa 3.83
last 45 3.83

~1.5k hrs SA/exotic assisting in ER, urgent care, general clinic
~ 300 hrs cat shelter/cafe
~ 15 hrs equine volunteering
~ 50 hrs bio research
~ 500 hrs variety of volunteering non animal

IS acceptance
overall GPA: 3.77
science GPA: 3.73
last 45 GPA: 3.85

veterinary experience: 1,500 hours- as a VA for 3 yrs, zoo vet hospital internship, and shadowing various vets.
animal experience: 750 hours- zoo internship (animal care) at hospital, kennel technician, volunteering at wildlife center/animal shelter, mobile vaccine clinics, and fostering kittens
extracurriculars/misc.: NOMV outreach, 60 hours in research lab, leadership positions in clubs, job at a hotel

I think that while yes grades are important, it's best to find your passions and have a common theme. Try and be as diverse in your experiences but I think what helped me stand out was my involvement with NOMV and also working at my family business while being in school. Try and reflect on what life experiences have allowed you to get to this point to become a well-rounded individual. I'm open to chat whenever if you have any questions!

Members don't see this ad :)

I definitely think a huge part of it was the interview as well! I definitely had competitive stats but, unfortunately, did not get the admissions call and I have a feeling it has to do with my interview. My stats were as follows:

Overall: 3.90
Science: 3.86
Last 45: 3.81

6000+ hours veterinarian hours, mainly small animal private practice
~1000 animal handling hours (not observed by a vet)
100+ hours as a research lead
~100 hours volunteering at an equine ranch

So really that interview means a lot! It’s a good idea to get practice in early so you have a solid understanding of your morals and ideals well before entering the interview. Good luck with your whole process :)

Also I completely forgot to post this because I was so in my feels last night but congrats to everyone who was admitted! You guys are my idols :)) No matter what happens through the rest of this process, I look forward to us all being colleagues in the field one day. Congrats future doctors (doesn’t it have such a lovely ring to it )!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations to everybody!

Anybody remember what was said on the call? Lol I blacked out and now am trying to put everything together. I remember them saying that our portal will update today? Is that correct?

I definitely think a huge part of it was the interview as well! I definitely had competitive stats but, unfortunately, did not get the admissions call and I have a feeling it has to do with my interview. My stats were as follows:

Overall: 3.90
Science: 3.86
Last 45: 3.81

6000+ hours veterinarian hours, mainly small animal private practice
~1000 animal handling hours (not observed by a vet)
100+ hours as a research lead
~100 hours volunteering at an equine ranch

So really that interview means a lot! It’s a good idea to get practice in early so you have a solid understanding of your morals and ideals well before entering the interview. Good luck with your whole process :)
Yeah unfortunately (or fortunately for some), once you make it to interviews they make admission decisions solely based on interview performance. So it puts interviewed applicants on an even playing field regardless of gpa.

Yeah unfortunately (or fortunately for some), once you make it to interviews they make admission decisions solely based on interview performance. So it puts interviewed applicants on an even playing field regardless of gpa.
Actually Brandy explained in our MMI orientation video that this year is different. After the interview, every applicant undergoes holistic evaluation once you are ranked (yet again) using three metrics (GPAS & ELORS, D score, and interview score). So the interview was only 33% of that ranking. From there, the committee makes the final decision. I believe their website also reflects this new process, and could also explain this very slight delay 😁

Reactions: 1 user
Screen Shot 2024-01-18 at 4.47.52 PM.png

This explains the process!

Rejected unfortunately. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist and congrats again!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I'm so confused rn. I didn't get a call yesterday but my portal says I was admitted Is this an error?!??!?!

I'm so confused rn. I didn't get a call yesterday but my portal says I was admitted Is this an error?!??!?!

Omg!! Is your phone number correct on your portal? Or maybe are you allowing phone calls of unknown number to call you?

It’s very possible they were unable to get through to the number you provided. But I would definitely believe the portal. So congrats :)

congratulations to everyone that was accepted!!! does anyone know how much the waitlist typically moves?

Actually Brandy explained in our MMI orientation video that this year is different. After the interview, every applicant undergoes holistic evaluation once you are ranked (yet again) using three metrics (GPAS & ELORS, D score, and interview score). So the interview was only 33% of that ranking. From there, the committee makes the final decision. I believe their website also reflects this new process, and could also explain this very slight delay 😁
Lol you all clearly know more about current admission process changes being in the middle of it compared to a 4th year in the middle of clinics and NAVLE score/job stress
congratulations to everyone that was accepted!!! does anyone know how much the waitlist typically moves?
Depends on the year. My year had one of the lowest amounts of movement I think going through only 5 people, whereas in other years it has gone through 30 people. My year was when COVID hit so I think a lot more people accepted their seat and decided to stay in state, but just depends on the dynamics with each cycle.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Omg!! Is your phone number correct on your portal? Or maybe are you allowing phone calls of unknown number to call you?
My number is correct, I just checked. I messaged them because I don't wanna celebrate and then it be an error or something

I see there is a FB page for the class of 2028, my request is still pending. I'm on the hunt for roomies!

My number is correct, I just checked. I messaged them because I don't wanna celebrate and then it be an error or something

can you update us what they say? i also didnt get a phone call and my number was correct but my portal says i am admitted…i almost puked at work 😭

edit: i have messaged them as well

Last edited:
I see there is a FB page for the class of 2028, my request is still pending. I'm on the hunt for roomies!
People should be getting added to the FB group! The group is a great way to find roomies, especially if you want to live with other vet students!

Reactions: 1 users
can you update us what they say? i also didnt get a phone call and my number was correct but my portal says i am admitted…i almost puked at work

edit: i have messaged them as well
Just got confirmation of my admission This is crazzyyyyyyy

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I’m so excited!! Are you all planning to attend admitted students day? What areas are you all coming from?

• Love
Does anyone know what happens at the Admitted Student Day? Is it like a tour of the campus / presentations about the program? Or is there more to it ?
(I’m probably going either way though!)

Hi all! I finally made an account to contribute to the discussion. I'm planning to attend admitted students day and I'm from the CA Bay Area. I was looking back to the MMI orientation presentation- it's Feb 23 and will include lunch, team building, presentations of the curriculum/financial aid/research opportunities, school tour, student panel, white coat fitting and photos for IDs, and lastly dinner with current vet students.

Edit: Congratulations to all of those admitted!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know when they gonna release stats? Like how many applied and how many got in?

Anyone know when they gonna release stats? Like how many applied and how many got in?

On one of the messages they sent they said that 2216 applications were received and 1966 completed the supplemental which was like 108% increase from the previous year

I just saw the message they sent us …. Does it say “provisional acceptance” to anyone else ? Does anyone know why it might say that?
I completed all prerequisites and received my Bachelors around 2 years ago.
I did mention on the VMACS that I was planning on taking one course in Spring 2024 because it was a requirement for another school. Could it be because of that?
I thought it wouldn’t matter to Davis since it’s not a prerequisite but I guess I might be wrong there?

I just saw the message they sent us …. Does it say “provisional acceptance” to anyone else ? Does anyone know why it might say that?
I completed all prerequisites and received my Bachelors around 2 years ago.
I did mention on the VMACS that I was planning on taking one course in Spring 2024 because it was a requirement for another school. Could it be because of that?
I thought it wouldn’t matter to Davis since it’s not a prerequisite but I guess I might be wrong there?
Mine also says provisional, and I'm pretty confident I completed all the coursework (received bachelors 2021, haven't taken any other courses). I think they just send the same message to everyone and some may still be taking courses, at least I hope that is the case lol

My portal just updated and I can finally accept my offer :)

Mine also says provisional, and I'm pretty confident I completed all the coursework (received bachelors 2021, haven't taken any other courses). I think they just send the same message to everyone and some may still be taking courses, at least I hope that is the case lol

My portal just updated and I can finally accept my offer :)

Oh okay! Thank you for the reply.
And same! My updated as well :)

Is the portal not working for anyone else? I am trying not to panic but I was not able to accept my offer. When I log in it just has an error message. It was working a few hours ago and showed the admissions offer.