Shadowing at UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lis1127

CSU MS/DVM '28
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I think this is the right place for this conversation since I can see this helping out both pre-vets and current vet students, but I was wondering if there is an email to inquire about any shadowing opportunities at UC Davis (i.e. for CSU, we need to email coordinators who also organize shadowing opportunities). I tried looking online, but I can't find any info. Long story short, I'm currently a vet student at CSU looking to do some shadowing in the oncology department at the VTH at UC Davis since I'm originally from the Bay Are and am currently home for the holidays. I haven't had much luck with the specialty hospitals around here unfortunately, so I'm ok with making that drive to the VTH (used to actually make it every day since I did my senior thesis at Davis!). Thanks ahead of time!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I think this is the right place for this conversation since I can see this helping out both pre-vets and current vet students, but I was wondering if there is an email to inquire about any shadowing opportunities at UC Davis (i.e. for CSU, we need to email coordinators who also organize shadowing opportunities). I tried looking online, but I can't find any info. Long story short, I'm currently a vet student at CSU looking to do some shadowing in the oncology department at the VTH at UC Davis since I'm originally from the Bay Are and am currently home for the holidays. I haven't had much luck with the specialty hospitals around here unfortunately, so I'm ok with making that drive to the VTH (used to actually make it every day since I did my senior thesis at Davis!). Thanks ahead of time!
Call the main hospital number and request the Onco department's main email. Then email them.

Reactions: 1 users
It definitely doesn't hurt to reach out! But they might not extra students over the next few weeks because they actually double stack rotations with 4th year students to cover holidays so there is a lot of us in the hospital right now :/

But for the future or something to look into is they actually do have externship opportunities for students from other schools for a bunch of our departments/rotations (onco included) and you can find info about it here: Policy on Visiting Students and Veterinarians

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It definitely doesn't hurt to reach out! But they might not extra students over the next few weeks because they actually double stack rotations with 4th year students to cover holidays so there is a lot of us in the hospital right now :/

But for the future or something to look into is they actually do have externship opportunities for students from other schools for a bunch of our departments/rotations (onco included) and you can find info about it here: Policy on Visiting Students and Veterinarians
Yeah, definitely sounds like there's a lot of you guys in there at the moment! But you're right, definitely doesn't hurt to ask!

Thank you for that link too! I didn't realize that the externship was open to all years of vet students!