UBuffalo waitlist --- 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1- Soggon : ----------- bottom 1/3
2- Depakote: ---------- bottom 1/3
3- Doctornick83 :------- bottom 1/3
4- nager105 : ---------- bottom 1/3
5- aspiring med:---------bottom 1/3
6- Topspin82------------bottom 1/3
7- pickmedoc-----------bottom 1/3
8- Dr.McWorried--------bottom 1/3

1- headred27: --------- middle 1/3
2- rampagez99 ---------- middle 1/3
3- purometal ----------- middle 1/3
4- Notgettingin ----------- middle 1/3
5- Chris418--------------- middle 1/3
6- Anjlprincezz-------------middle 1/3
7- strawberry84------------middle 1/3
8- MDgolfer --------------middle 1/3
9 - kfire326---------------middle 1/3
10 - hopefulmedstude ------middle 1/3
11- koochi ------------------ middle 1/3
12- DoctorDork------------middle 1/3
13- Dr. George--------- middle 1/3
14- Turtle78--------- middle 1/3
15- Sekem : ------------ middle 1/3
16- Medee --------------middle 1/3
17- toxicgate -----------middle 1/3
18- girlsporty -----------middle 1/3
19- hope12 -----------middle 1/3

1- Jhu1 ---------------- upper 1/3
2- DrBMX ------------ -- upper 1/3
3-DrHank ---------------- upper 1/3
4- maddycat15-------------upper 1/3
5- Nickthemaestro----------upper 1/3
6- Cirrus83 ------------ upper 1/3
7- munchkin910------------upper 1/3
8-HreComesTheSun--------upper1/3
9- Purometal--------------upper1/3
10- Bluemirage--------------upper1/3
11- Avery2007 ------------ upper 1/3

:clap: Accepted from the waitlist :clap: :

1- Stacy------------- upper 1/3
2- Docbest --------------upper 1/3 (withdrew acceptance)
3- acde1345---------- upper 1/3 (05/04)
4- USCDSkippy-------------upper1/3 (05/08)
5- dmcchung827 ------------upper1/3 (05/11)
6- johnnydrama -----------upper 1/3 (05/14) (withdrew acceptance)
7- Sparrow7----------------upper1/3 (05/15)
8- Help79 ---------------- upper 1/3 (05/15)
9-Pinkiee-------------------upper 1/3 (05/17)
10- Tommyk7--------------upper 1/3 (05/17)
11- Porcelain16-------------upper 1/3 (05/18)
12- Buttchin1-------------upper 1/3 (05/18)
13- poose------------------upper1/3 (5/21)

colors:
Red = bottom 1/3
blue = middle 1/3
orange = went from bottom 1/3 to middle 1/3
lime = upper 1/3
magenta = went from middle 1/3 to upper 1/3
purple = Accepted off the waitlist

Congrats to Poose!

Members don't see this ad.

I wish more of the top 1/3 were being taken off :(. We really need to get to that middle 1/3 soon. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just anxious since everyone talks about how there are more applicants to all the schools, but I haven't heard about an increase in acceptances tho :( . So overall percentage of being accepted is lower... I don't mean to be a downer... I'm just waiting and waiting... my other waitlist at BU apparently is still over enrolled. hahaha..

I need some :luck: :luck: :luck:

it'll move sooner or later mdgolfer. i hate how schools make people wait anxiously. the waiting is excruciating. i'm still waiting on ucsf and drexel so am very empathetic with all of you. i wish more people who get multiple acceptances will drop out soon so we all get a seat. but UB is an ideal school for me. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

hey help79, i found out about housing on 5/14 via an email through listserve. yea, i'm pretty sure the dates are 20, 21.

it'll move sooner or later mdgolfer. i hate how schools make people wait anxiously. the waiting is excruciating. i'm still waiting on ucsf and drexel so am very empathetic with all of you. i wish more people who get multiple acceptances will drop out soon so we all get a seat. but UB is an ideal school for me. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

hey help79, i found out about housing on 5/14 via an email through listserve. yea, i'm pretty sure the dates are 20, 21.

UCSF thats pretty impressive. I know 2-3 people going their next year. I'll be hoping for you. I'm assuming thats your top choice. :luck:

i don't dream of ucsf because the waitlist moves too slow there and i'm ranked pretty low but thanks. i really like UB though. hopefully we'll get more movement at UB cause the waiting will give us poor physical and mental health. haha. have a great week guys!:)

has anyone talked with rosso today? curious to know if things have slowed down or if he still expects to make it through the top third.

i am panicked ...i am pretty sure i am the last one on the top third...

Do they rearrange the list as they go through it or does me being on the bottom 1/3 still really look bad for me?

has anyone talked with rosso today? curious to know if things have slowed down or if he still expects to make it through the top third.

At least your in the top third. :laugh: Lot of us have a bit longer to wait.

Do they rearrange the list as they go through it or does me being on the bottom 1/3 still really look bad for me?

I haven't called lately but if we're still in the bottom 1/3, I'm not optimistic.

I'm holding out hope, but with the rumored size of the waitlist in the hundreds, I just don't see it happening. :(

i did, he said there is definitely movement today and he's still sending out acceptances. unfortunately, i'm not one of those who's getting the good news today :( i had to call in to find out what happens if i receive an acceptance while i'm out of the country, and he just walked me through the process. such a nice guy

Members don't see this ad :)
i did, he said there is definitely movement today and he's still sending out acceptances. unfortunately, i'm not one of those who's getting the good news today :( i had to call in to find out what happens if i receive an acceptance while i'm out of the country, and he just walked me through the process. such a nice guy

Oh, that's good that they're still sending them out...maybe we'll hear by the end of this week.

(I really, really, really hope I hear by the end of this week because my birthday and memorial day are both this weekend and I wanted to be in a celebratory mood)

Oh, that's good that they're still sending them out...maybe we'll hear by the end of this week.

(I really, really, really hope I hear by the end of this week because my birthday and memorial day are both this weekend and I wanted to be in a celebratory mood)

My bday coming up too in early June, that would be such a great bday present. Everytime I check this thread I get really nervous for some reason :laugh:

thanks for the update. that sounds better. did he give you anything that you might use to read between the lines? a little encouragement (other than there is definitely movement?)

any other statements such as we are definitely going to make it through the top third?

i know--i am being obnoxious...forgive me!

edit: herecomesthesun---i thought you were next for sure...you and cirrus, jhu1 and munchkin

I'm jealous of all of the top-third people!! But these updates that there is movement give me hope...and I'd be doing the same thing right now if I was in the top third.
:)

darn it, the movement is not from our list ... I am becoming like my avatar ....

thanks for the nice words avery...i'm starting to feel like i'm # 99 out of #100 on the upper third or something (i guess we all are feeling this way). i wish i could report something more, but all i know is that it's moving. i was hoping he would tell me if i would hear before i leave the country, but nada.

the new posters crack me up..."long-time listener, first-time caller," but at least it helps us know that the movement is continuous :thumbup:

I think i'm on the bottom of the upper third too. I managed to keep myself busy the whole day so I would not constantly check this thread or my status page.

From what i can remember, i think circuscircus is on the end of the strip.

Depending on the day, its different. I get specials for Bally's which is right across from Caesars and Bellagio and right next to Paris. Some of the specials I have are 2 nights free during week days, or best available rate on weekends.

But as of now, if I get accepted doesn't look like it'll be until 2 days before school starts lol

i heard the slots pay out really well here

haha really?!? I never tried. Circus circus is nice cuz its not too busy and the limits are lower, but then it is kinda gross and far from everything. :laugh:

Man I am actually studying for the MCAT right now, in case I don't get off the waitlist... feels so depressing. :(

haha really?!? I never tried. Circus circus is nice cuz its not too busy and the limits are lower, but then it is kinda gross and far from everything. :laugh:

Man I am actually studying for the MCAT right now, in case I don't get off the waitlist... feels so depressing. :(

me tooooo

Lol I keep checking as I'm studying. I really hope I do eventually get in. I would love to be classmates with you guys. Everyone seems so chill and friendly, we could all make cold buffalo into a nice close knit. *all at once* "Awwwww" hahahaha.

Dude I might even come out to vegas just to chill with you guys even if I dont get in. Still praying everyday :luck: :luck: :luck:

Good night you guys. Tomorrow is another day.

I am going to Vegas for the Memorial weekened ... hope to see some of you guys ,..

Crossing fingers to hear some news from the UB on Tuesday ...

Good luck today top 1/3!!

Hope there is lots of movement...

Good luck today top 1/3!!

Hope there is lots of movement...

Thanks Dr. George! Good Luck with your Studying, I hope you don't have to take it!

:luck: :luck: GOOD LUCK EVERYONE:luck: :luck:

I'm so sad that no one in our top 1/3 list has received any acceptance lately. :cry:

MORE ACCEPTANCES TODAY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BUFFALO....MAKE ALL MY FRIENDS HAPPY.:hardy:

awww...thanks dmcchung!

Do you think Mr. Rosso goes through SDN??

:hello: HI Mr Rosso!! Please Send out more acceptances!! :hello:

you guys are so sweet-thanks for all the congrats!
im still checking this thread-i cant seem to leave it-im rooting for you guys to get in!!!!
remember-check you emails just as manically as ur status pages(im not going to tell you not to be crazy about it bc cmon, thats pointless=) )
stay strong guys, itll come.
:thumbup:

Well, if I get in I'd like to meet everyone on here that will go to UB because I think you're all very supportive and I think it'll be a strong morale boost for the start of the year!!

And, btw, for those of you looking for roommates, I am from the Buffalo area (my family still lives there) and if I get in, I am not sure if I am going to commute from home, or rent in Buffalo. Therefore, I may be looking for a roomie, though it might be last minute. I'd really like to share a house with someone/people from SDN though, because it seems like you'd all make good roommates since you're all so considerate and friendly!!

P.S. I am female

P.P.S Still crossing my fingers for those top 1/3ers :D

oh ****, I have recieved 2 new emails but I can't log in to my email .... ****tttttttttttttttttttttttt

the yahoo email trys to logg in and it takes like 20 sec and then I get a blank page ... damn it

I guess I have been accepted ...

I got this email: "You have been added to the SMBS-INCOMING-STUDENTS-FALL-2007-LIST mailing list"

God I can't believe this, I almost started crying for a sec ... :oops:
UB I love you ... SDN I love you ... All people in this thread I love you ... SEKEM I love you ... I love you all ... I love everyone ...

I am crying now ...:laugh: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Keep up the hope ... the list is moving ... and Vegas here I come :D

I guess I have been accepted ...

I got this email: "You have been added to the SMBS-INCOMING-STUDENTS-FALL-2007-LIST mailing list"

God I can't believe this, I almost started crying for a sec ... :oops:
UB I love you ... SDN I love you ... All people in this thread I love you ... SEKEM I love you ... I love you all ... I love everyone ...

I am crying now ...:laugh: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Keep up the hope ... the list is moving ... and Vegas here I come :D

YAY!!!! CONGRATS JHU!!! :clap:

1- DrBMX ------------ -- upper 1/3
2-DrHank ---------------- upper 1/3
3- maddycat15-------------upper 1/3
4- Nickthemaestro----------upper 1/3
5- Cirrus83 ------------ upper 1/3
6- munchkin910------------upper 1/3
7-HreComesTheSun--------upper1/3
8- Purometal--------------upper1/3
9- Bluemirage--------------upper1/3
10- Avery2007 ------------ upper 1/3

14- Jhu1------------------upper 1/3 (05/22)

colors:
Red = bottom 1/3
blue = middle 1/3
lime = upper 1/3

just got added to the listserve!!!! i can't believe i'm telling you guys before i told my parents, HAHA!! munchkin and cirrus, you are next!!!!!!:luck: :luck:

Thanks avery2007, girlsporty, munchin910, bluemirage, dr.george ...

You guys all rock ... will pray for you guys to get the good news soon ... :)
Can't wait to meet all you guys ...

1- DrBMX ------------ -- upper 1/3
2-DrHank ---------------- upper 1/3
3- maddycat15-------------upper 1/3
4- Nickthemaestro----------upper 1/3
5- Cirrus83 ------------ upper 1/3
6- munchkin910------------upper 1/3
7- Purometal--------------upper1/3
8- Bluemirage--------------upper1/3
9- Avery2007 ------------ upper 1/3

14- Jhu1------------------upper 1/3 (05/22)
15- HreComesTheSun-----upper 1/3 (05/22)

colors:
Red = bottom 1/3
blue = middle 1/3
lime = upper 1/3

wow! congrats to Jhu1, and HreComesTheSun. At this rate, we will be done with the upper 1/3 by the end of the week :D :D .