UBC Pharmacy 2017 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So does that mean that if you got a confirmation letter, you're not one of the few waitlisted applicants they're keeping?

Members don't see this ad.

I also got the confirmation email. They said they want to keep 2-3 applicants on waitlist just in case and asked me if I want to remain on waitlist..

I also got the confirmation email. They said they want to keep 2-3 applicants on waitlist just in case and asked me if I want to remain on waitlist..

I think you guys should definitely remain on the wait list. I just got accepted into waterloos pharmD and think I will be accepting that offer which means I am likely to give up my position at ubc and a spot opens! I'm sure this may happen with 1-2 other students.

Good luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on your acceptance to Waterloo! I hear the co-op program there is pretty good.

Out of curiosity, what timetable are you?

Hello everyone -

I just came across this thread, and although I do somewhat wish that I had read these messages and been a part of it during the application process, I realize that the amount of anxiety and sleepless nights that people had to go through - not only within themselves but within this thread with everyone else in the same position - was something that I'm happy to have avoided!

I applied in 2011 and didn't get in, decided to finish off my degree at SFU, and I got accepted in June for the 2013 intake. My stats weren't spectacular; many of you had better PCAT and GPA scores than I did. One thing I did find interesting, however, was that many of you have volunteer experience at a hospital or with a pharmacy. All my EC's are based on recreational leadership roles, employment experience as a skating instructor and a referee, and being thoroughly involved with hockey throughout the community. I think for those who have high GPA's and PCAT scores, it may be refreshing to not only the profession but for healthcare professions in general that they are not looking for one generic type of applicant. Also, the heavy amount of weight on the interview is also something that I feel is appropriate, especially with the direction that Pharmacy is heading towards as a more holistic profession within healthcare.

As far as the prior rants about the decreased job prospects, wages, and overall negativity surrounding pharmacy in the Lower Mainland, I think everyone who has done their fair share of research on pharmacy not only in BC, but in Canada, understands that this is a profession that has potential for growth and opportunity. UBC increased their class sizes from by almost 80 seats, the PharmD program will become an E2P program in the near future, and the relationship between the patient and pharmacist is certainly set to make the profession as rewarding as it should be. Hey, maybe I'm being overly optimistic, or maybe I'm being fairly realistic. Regardless, being a part of something that could indeed be revolutionary, in a sense, is definitely exciting. But for me, the most important thing is seeing the next 4 years as a window where I can learn more about the profession, the curriculum, and the people that are similar minded and motivated to make a difference in the community. I'm ready to start a new chapter in my life, and I'm beyond stoked to meet 223 other people who can inspire me to be not only the best pharmacist I can be but the best product of myself!!

And to whoever is in charge of the Facebook group, I requested to join earlier today :)

Cheers

Hi All,

Do you know if we have to be full-time student, taking 3 courses at a time, to be considered for admission in to pharmacy school at UBC ? is being part-time student at capilano u acceptable as pre pharmacy courses at UBC .
Than you very much

Hi All,

Do you know if we have to be full-time student, taking 3 courses at a time, to be considered for admission in to pharmacy school at UBC ? is being part-time student at capilano u acceptable as pre pharmacy courses at UBC .
Than you very much

Apart from having the required prerequisites, there is no requirement on your student status (exception: International) prior to applying to the Faculty.

Note that the majority of students will be enrolled in 6-8 courses per term during their second and third years of studies, so applicants should be accustomed to this level of workload.

Hi,
Does UBC look at essay component of pcat? or only look at composite mark?