UBC Pharmacy 2009 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any news?

Members don't see this ad.

gratz to u and can someone confirm this please?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, I got in too! Email received at 9:05:14 AM~
Don't worry if you havn't gotten a reply yet, you could be waitlisted, or the admissions people might still be sending the emails. Goodluck!:xf:

Ahahahahahaahahahah
ahahahahahaahahahah
ahahahahahaahahahah
ahahahahahaahahahah
ahahahahahaahahahah
ahahahahahaahahahah
ahahahahahaahahahah
ahahahahahaahahahah
ahahahahahaahahahah
ahahahahahaahahahah
ahahahahahaahahahah
ahahahahahaahahahah
ahahahahahaahahahah

me in pharmaccccccccyyyy kyak kaya kaya kayaa

you guys are now my best buddies

I got in w00t0esd kfj ds;kasdaksdak;sdaklsda hahaha

im so happpyyy yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss i love you all

I'm in :). See you guys in September =D

Congrats to you guys!

unfortunately...i still haven't received anything yet :( so sad...

When did you guys receive your emails, and was it sent as a batch email?

Mine came in at 9:10am, and I'm sure they were sent as a batch email seeing as the heading reads,

Dear Pharmacy ApplicantGood luck to the rest of you!

Last edited:
Mine came in at 10:10:12am, so no, I don't think they were sent in as a batch email.

how was it worded?

did it say your name, or did it say "applicant"

as for the time, its 10:01 am right now, so I dunno how urs could be 10:10 am

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all who are in! I thought I was gonna die from waiting for the email X_X. I only applied to UBC and it was my first time and, on top of that, I have just graduated from UBC last month with uncertain future. Pharmacy was my last hope! I suppose the interviewers saw that in me.

Anyways, I am looking forward to seeing you all in September!

i got accepted too, see u guys in september, it came at 907

i think its over for me :(
if its a batch e-mail, its obvious that those who didnt receive it got rejected/waitlisted...

how was it worded?

did it say your name, or did it say "applicant"

as for the time, its 10:01 am right now, so I dunno how urs could be 10:10 am

Even if it does say specifically your name, there are ways to mass-email letters that will substitute in names for you in a bulk mail. So in case anyone is hoping that use of personal names means it's being sent out one-by-one, there might be a chance that the letters are sent out using such programs.

To those that have gotten an acceptance from UBC, what English course would you guys recommend. I go to UWO

Even if it does say specifically your name, there are ways to mass-email letters that will substitute in names for you in a bulk mail. So in case anyone is hoping that use of personal names means it's being sent out one-by-one, there might be a chance that the letters are sent out using such programs.

so in other words, those who have checked emails but no response means that they have been rejected :(

microbio need some insight here :p plz

I got accepted!!!!!Good luck for those who are still waiting. :xf:And do u guys who are 2009 pharm students want to organize a network on facebook? I totally opt for it! :laugh:

I got accepted!!!!!Good luck for those who are still waiting. :xf:And do u guys who are 2009 pharm students want to organize a network on facebook? I totally opt for it! :laugh:

What was the time when the email was sent out?

I didn't get the acceptance email. :(

Hopefully, I'll get on the waitlist.

damn, when r rejection/wait list emails usually sent?

damn, when r rejection/wait list emails usually sent?

Usually a day later for the rejection letters, judging by how it was done in previous years. It's even worse for the wait-listed applicants, because... they don't tell you anything...

Last edited:
Congratulations to those who got in. For you guys at least, the wait is over.

As far as I know, it's sent out as a batch, non-personalized email. Invites could still come in the next few days as people who got into other programs decline.

I received the acceptance letter too! :D

Congrats ppl!! See you guys all in September!!!

9:12!!!
i think the .discrepancies .in time is just because of what your email provider (ie. hotmail or shaw webmail for me) is set to.

To those that have gotten an acceptance from UBC, what English course would you guys recommend. I go to UWO
I took the fiction course at UWO (024? not too sure) and they let me in. It's pretty interesting if you like novels.

Congrats to ppl who got in! Some say that's the hardest part, I'm not too sure of that tho...lol

Hi guys, I got in but I'm declining the offer because I'm accepting U of T's offer. I hope this will help move the waitlist along... best of luck!!!

Can someone confirm if the rejection letters have been sent out? (I've heard of at least one person getting it so far). I have no e-mail whatsoever regarding anything.

I got nothing as well.
But I know that rejection letters have been sent out today at around 2PM so if you dont have anything still, it proly means you are on waitlist. I guess I have company on the waitlist!lol now i'm gonna go crazzzzzy for next few days/weeks? GOSH...................................

Congratulations to those of you that have received the offer! I havent got the offer, in fact i didnt get anything and I think I"m on the waitlist. Can you guys tell me the date you have to accept the offer by? So I can have an idea of when I'll be notified. Thx!!

Anyone know how many people are usually offered spots with regards to the waitlist? Or how many people are waitlisted, too...

Thanks.

wow ash r u serious about the rejections being sent at 2pm? cause it would be totally mean to be giving us false hope

wow ash r u serious about the rejections being sent at 2pm? cause it would be totally mean to be giving us false hope

Hey lol i dont wanna give you false hope so pls dont count on my words and maybe ask Margaret tomorrow. But I did get calls from ppl who got rejected today, and they told me the letters were sent around 2. But who knows... i dont know what to expect now and i'm so sad :(

Anyone know how many people are usually offered spots with regards to the waitlist? Or how many people are waitlisted, too...

Thanks.

I have the same question. Pls somebody let us know ><..
At least we still got hope....SIGH

I've also heard from 2 people that rejection letters were indeed sent out at around 2pm this afternoon. So... I guess we'll have to wait.

then in that case wow, everyone on sdn this year either got in or are on waitlist. we seem to have a pretty excellent bunch this year then.

I got in too!! YAY, I'm soooo happy!!!

So I did a bit of research from previous years' threads. With regards to finding out your admission status when the waitlist:

2008 - July 15ish
2007 - July 30ish

That's strange, then when r the waitlist people supposed to register for courses? since I would think that most courses are filled at this time.

Well I guess the STT would have enough spots for the waitlisted students, it's just that you'll lose the ability to choose the best timetable that fits your own needs since the best ones will be gone. It's the non-Pharmacy courses that they'd have to worry about fitting in, I guess. Who knows...

i got in too ! ahh. so exciting! =) see you all in september.. ps does anyone know when we find out about housing?

did any1 here who got accepted apply more than once? if so, do u have any advice for applying the second time, like should i rewrite my personal statement?