U of T Pharmacy 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
that's interesting...i guess i would have had to have chosen waterloo anyways...i dunno i would think that U of T would have wanted to get the results out today knowing that Waterloo's deadline is monday.. they might end up losing some very interested candidates by default

so for sure they are not coming out today?

Members don't see this ad.

True, but that gives those who only applied to UofT or was rejected by Waterloo a breath of relief since the waitlist will move faster. Anyways, those who got accepted to Waterloo will probably choose it because of the interview process. The academic requirement only policy of UofT may turn away those who felt like they did more than just get good grades so they deserve to be recognized for those efforts.

actually that's very true! i'd rather see more people get in somewhere right away - kind of weird though that this happened - in a way i feel better because i feel like fate has chosen my school for me haha

also the deadline for waterloo is midnight on June 27th... so even if emails were sent out monday you could still pick U of T i think...who knows amybe they will pull through its only 2:27??

Members don't see this ad :)
Now they officially emailed us that the notification will be sent out next monday.

Hello there,
I just finished my first year of undergrad and am planning on applying to pharmacy next year. All the fierce competition is really intimidating me as my cGPA isnt the greatest this year(its a 3.29). But i really hope to improve it and apply since ive been wanting to apply for quite a long time. Do you guys have any advice in terms of preparation for the PCAT? (especially the essay question) How do they mark the essay question? Are they really strict on you quality of writing? Also, Do you guys have any tips on how to score well on the verbal section?

Has anyone received word from UofT yet?

nope....

Last edited:
It seems like they're really pushing the deadline. Hopefully we hear from them by the "end of the day."

this is ridiculous.... its almost 3:45pm.... how much sorting out is needed between now and "the end of the day"? they've had months to sort things out already

and by "end of the day" did they mean before 5, as in end of the work day? Or could it seriously just mean end of the day and we could find out at 7pm or so?

well, i'm not sure, but having worked in the building for a few summers, i'm guessing they mean 5... the building usually empties out between 5 and 5:30....

its just a guess though, maybe today they're busy working overtime.

I hope they don't work overtime. I'm already pretty pissed we had to wait longer than we were supposed to.

don't worry i'm sure we'll get them today sometime soon.

the last email they sent us (informing us the decisions would come out today) was sent at 2:59 pm....

its 4:05 now, if there were any other problems we would have heard by now... all we can do is hang tight i guess....

what sucks is that its raining, otherwise i'd be killing time doing something outside.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well here's hoping for the best. Good luck.

Just so I'm not being a total ******, a decision would get posted in the "notifications" section of our online application account, right?

ok its 4:45pm and still nothing. I think my assumption of 5pm being the "end of the day" was wrong.... maybe they did mean a time later than 5

I have a feeling we're not getting our answers today at all. Why else would they leave a message on their answering machine saying that they wouldn't be available on Monday? There is no way for any one can call in and inquire. I hope this is just a weird speculation, but I find this very odd..

They must know that the deadline for Waterloo is tonight so I'm sure they will stay as long as it takes to get the decisions out.. so no worries

i'll agree with that. i hadn't called or anything, but since they said that then its pretty obvious that we wont be hearing from them today.

thanks for that, another painful night of anticipation i guess...:xf:

Did you guys notice they post the cutoff for the PCAT today?

They posted the cut-offs for the the PCAT. It looks like I won't be getting in this year, as my Conventions of Language is under the minimum. :(

Oh god...this is insane...all I hope is that computer didn't crash and they lost all their data...lol...if it is a technical problems, I think it would've been solved by now..I am assuming something big happened....

where did they post the PCAT requirements??..I checked the website and I couldn't find it

Can you please provide me with the link that shows the cut-offs for the PCAT.

its the 1st hyperlink on the main page

when did that go up?

where did you guys find the PCAT info that U of T posted?

ahhh thanks you i just saw you posted it haha

I can't stand to wait any longer......

Decisions are out, and I am rejected....

I despise this whole PCAT subscore cutoff. The rest of my application was solid - I had a freaking 3.90 cGPA for crying out loud. Just because I got a 2 in COL...

Well, best of luck to the rest of the SDNers. I'm going to sit down on my bed depressed for another several months...

congrats guys! i got in as well.. but I already chose waterloo so some lucky person on the waiting list will get my spot! congrats all! is anyone choosing U of T over Waterloo?

What? I still don't have a letter and it's almost 5:30pm. This is ridiculous.... I got into both Dal and UBC, and U of T is my first choice. Why are they so painfully slow?

They're sending the letters in small batches? That's what it seems like as I haven't received mine yet.

probably.. if their system is messed up mass emails is probably not the route to go

urggg well I scored way above the cut-offs for their PCAT scores, I better get an email soon, I'm going insane!

yeah check pharmcis.. cause I did not have an email but my admission decision was up

Hey guys, I've received my acceptance. I look forward to seeing you all. PM me if you want to meet sometime around September.

I got accepted! So happy right now!

The decisions are posted under notifications.

Best of luck everyone!

just got my acceptance letter in Pharmcis. hooray!

OMG FINALLY I GOT IN!!!! Can't stop crying right now.... can't wait to meet all of you in September!

I got in as well! Congratulations to everyone. :)

good job to everyone who got in... Looks like we'll be seeing each other for the next 4 years.

to the people who didn't get in dont worry, i compare it to a lottery....

i had to apply 3 times before I got in. Its not necessarily about your marks, its mostly about the pool of applicants that changes from year to year....

keep trying and you'll get in, just never give up if you really want it.

OMG FINALLY I GOT IN!!!! Can't stop crying right now.... can't wait to meet all of you in September!

Congratulations on getting accepted to 3 schools! So I guess you're going to go with U of T? You'll make 2 students on the waitlists @ UBC and Dal very happy :)