U of A c/o 2026 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My portal updated today. I've joined the MMI Waitlist crew
When did u submit your VMCAS and supplemental? Do you get notified via email on being waitlisted interview?

Members don't see this ad.

When did u submit your VMCAS and supplemental? Do you get notified via email on being waitlisted interview?
Submitted my VMCAS on Sept 13 and completed the supplemental on the 22nd. They didn't send an email, I just got the notification on my portal that they were reviewing my supplemental yesterday and happen to check my portal today for updates

Reactions: 1 user
Also got notified of being on the interview waitlist today 😬

Members don't see this ad :)
Well at least we know that the turn around between getting reviewed and being invited to interview/placed on waitlist/potentially rejected is fast lol

Submitted my VMCAS on Sept 13 and completed the supplemental on the 22nd. They didn't send an email, I just got the notification on my portal that they were reviewing my supplemental yesterday and happen to check my portal today for updates
Thank You

Do you guys know if the admissions team is reviewing the applications in a certain order? I thought it might have been by the date you submit VMCAS and the supplemental app, but it doesn’t seem to be that way anymore.

I officially got an OOS rejection. Good luck to you all

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
My portal just updated to my supplemental being in review.

I’ve been on additional review since 9/29, so I’m hoping to get a positive update soon on the portal. The waiting is so nerve wracking!

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve been on additional review since 9/29, so I’m hoping to get a positive update soon on the portal. The waiting is so nerve wracking!
Same but they are still sending out supplementals until the end of the month so I'm hoping to get some news soon

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I got off the interview waitlist on Friday, I was added to it 10/24. Has anyone done the MMI yet? I wasn't a huge fan of the supplemental I'm hoping this will be different/more personal

I got off the interview waitlist on Friday, I was added to it 10/24. Has anyone done the MMI yet? I wasn't a huge fan of the supplemental I'm hoping this will be different/more personal
Good luck! Did you get an email or in portal?

I was just invited to complete the supplemental application after being in additional review since 10/6!

Reactions: 4 users
Finally got my supplemental!!!

I just got my supplemental app too!!

Portal updated (11/8): finally reviewing my supplemental application (submitted 10/1)! This being a rolling process is making this app very stressful 😅

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
mine was also submitted on 10/1 and i still don’t see an update :( hopefully this means there will be one soon though!

• Care
I'm also confused about the supplemental! I submitted it on 10/1, and even received a confirmation email from Kira that I completed it. However on the UofA applicant status portal, the only activity I have is that the invite to complete the supplemental was sent to me on 9/26. It doesn't say that they received it! Not sure what to do now and if anyone else has this issue

I'm also confused about the supplemental! I submitted it on 10/1, and even received a confirmation email from Kira that I completed it. However on the UofA applicant status portal, the only activity I have is that the invite to complete the supplemental was sent to me on 9/26. It doesn't say that they received it! Not sure what to do now and if anyone else has this issue
I was invited to complete my supplemental on 9/15 and completed it on 9/25. I have not received an update past “invite to supplemental” on my portal either and I’m getting nervous. I know they’ve been telling people it will update when they compete the review of your supplemental, but I’m getting concerned that people who submitted after me have been reviewed and placed on the interview waitlist or invited to interview, as the more people that do reduce the number of spots left when they finally review my app.

I was invited to complete my supplemental on 9/15 and completed it on 9/25. I have not received an update past “invite to supplemental” on my portal either and I’m getting nervous. I know they’ve been telling people it will update when they compete the review of your supplemental, but I’m getting concerned that people who submitted after me have been reviewed and placed on the interview waitlist or invited to interview, as the more people that do reduce the number of spots left when they finally review my app.
I feel that too, I submitted my supplemental probably just 1 or 2 days before 9/29, and I still haven't received an update past "invite to supplemental." I plan on reaching out to them tomorrow just to see what's going on and make sure that they have received my supplemental.

Reactions: 1 users
I feel that too, I submitted my supplemental probably just 1 or 2 days before 9/29, and I still haven't received an update past "invite to supplemental." I plan on reaching out to them tomorrow just to see what's going on and make sure that they have received my supplemental.
I emailed them on 11/4 asking about my status (when I was stuck on invitation for the supplemental). I think it might have made them update the portal (to reviewing supplemental) a little quicker but I'm not sure 🤷‍♀️ Either way it doesn't hurt to ask!

My portal updated this morning to interview waitlist too. No email, I just checked it in the portal.

I emailed U of A and got a very fast reply back! Not sure if emailing is what triggered moving my application onto the next step or if it was just coincidental, but I was told that my supplemental (submitted around 9/28) would be scored this week and reviewed for an MMI next week. Once the supplemental gets scored, it moves into the review stage. As RazzJazz stated, if you have similar concerns, it definitely doesn't hurt to email them! They're really quick in their replies!

MMI waitlist, updated this morning as well.

Mine updated as well. Interview waitlist.

Seeing all the waitlisted people makes me nervous because I didn’t have a strong application. I see so many people with strong apps getting waitlisted and it makes me feel like I have no chance lol.

Seeing all the waitlisted people makes me nervous because I didn’t have a strong application. I see so many people with strong apps getting waitlisted and it makes me feel like I have no chance lol.
I definitely wouldn't lose hope! Every school is going to be looking for different things and none of us know what those certain things are. You might have something the rest of us don't that they're looking for!

Reactions: 6 users
Portal updated (11/8): finally reviewing my supplemental application (submitted 10/1)! This being a rolling process is making this app very stressful 😅
11/10: MMI Invite Hold

At least after the review they make their decision quickly I guess

It's crazy how many people have gotten interviews waitlist! Curious how many interviews go out each round

It's crazy how many people have gotten interviews waitlist! Curious how many interviews go out each round
Looking on the U of A website they give out around 300 interviews each cycle! I am still waiting on an update and I submitted my supplemental on 10/10 so a little bit later than others.

I’m really not sure if it’s a good or bad sign that i still haven’t heard anything after submitting my supplemental on 10/1. the suspense is killing me lol

• Care
  • Haha
My supplemental app was under review for less than 24 hours and already waitlisted for an interview.

I was placed on the interview waitlist yesterday and i was offered an interview this morning. I’m so excited!

Reactions: 8 users
For those of you that were placed on the MMI waitlist and then received the interview invite, how long was the time in between being put on the waitlist to getting an interview offer? Got put on the waitlist at the beginning of this month and starting to get nervous...