TY Program List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cspine

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Some of the programs listed as chill on that list are definitely not, from my time on the road, but there may have been changes in the interval.

Some of the programs listed as chill on that list are definitely not, from my time on the road, but there may have been changes in the interval.
You're probably right. A lot of that is what I found people saying across SDN and reddit so it may not be the most accurate. Feel free to PM me which ones you disagree with and I can try to look into them more. I appreciate the feedback

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for starting this! Interviewed at 13 TYs this cycle and found many hidden gems w/ info only available to interviewees. I will definitely contribute when I get over this senioritis.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know whether I can do a transitional year with only surgery and radiology LORs?

Is there a way a moderator could move this to the Medical Students (MD) page so it might get more action?

I can fill in some info about my current TY as some things are outdated, but I can't figure out how to edit

I can fill in some info about my current TY as some things are outdated, but I can't figure out how to edit
If you want to just PM me the info, I can change it. I'm trying to figure out a way for a link to come up but it just keeps coming up as the preview of the document, which for some reason won't open. I'll keep trying though

This is very program dependent. Some don’t care at all.
100% not true for people going into rads. According to the ACR someone going into rads cant do an elective in radiology unless the program has a residency attached.

if you aren't going into rads maybe you can.

Reactions: 1 user
100% not true for people going into rads. According to the ACR someone going into rads cant do an elective in radiology unless the program has a residency attached.

if you aren't going into rads maybe you can.
I’ve got confirmation from my program that they don’t care, and other prelim rads residents who are doing radiology rotations with no residency attached.

Reactions: 1 users
I’ve got confirmation from my program that they don’t care, and other prelim rads residents who are doing radiology rotations with no residency attached.
the ACR says the rotation wont count and so you will not have fulfilled your full TY year. thats the bottomline. whether anyone finds out about it and raises a red flag is a different story.

Reactions: 1 user