Tutoring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rysgst1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just starting my Pre-med process, but I'd thought I'd mention a great E.C. anyone with a college degree can do. Check out www.Tutor.com, you can tutor students 6th -1st year college, in a variety of subjects and get paid for doing it $8 -$ 12 hr. I've been doing it for a while and earn between $500 -$1000 extra a month, (helps pay the bills :) ) and I tutor math, so it keeps me fresh on my math skills. Good luck to everyone in the Pre - Med process.

Members don't see this ad.

rysgst1 said:
I am just starting my Pre-med process, but I'd thought I'd mention a great E.C. anyone with a college degree can do. Check out www.Tutor.com, you can tutor students 6th -1st year college, in a variety of subjects and get paid for doing it $8 -$ 12 hr. I've been doing it for a while and earn between $500 -$1000 extra a month, (helps pay the bills :) ) and I tutor math, so it keeps me fresh on my math skills. Good luck to everyone in the Pre - Med process.

Hi there,
Paid tutoring is not actually a great EC. It is far better to volunteer tutor at one of the shelters for homeless families. You get to keep up with your skills and you make yourself a better candidate for medical school.

njbmd :)

oh! thanks for letting me know, I also work at hospital and shadow a doctor, so i'm pretty full, right now, but I will defiantly keep that in mind. Sorry for giving anyone bad advice, well, at least it will be some extra spending money.