Tufts MBS 2017-18

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received acceptances yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im a former tufts MBS student and current med student at tufts, feel free to AMA

Hello, @boston_med, I'm applying this year and really hope I have a shot. Right now, I have a personal statement that lists my accomplishments (research, clinical work, volunteering, leadership, etc...) that's already over the 500 word limit, but I really want to include a second about my experience with depression and anxiety. Do you recommend doing this or no? It's shaped me so much and I want to show them how I've made the situation a growth experience, but don't want to come off as weak. I've kinda iffy stats (GRE of 162 quant and 159 verbal, their averages being 159 for both), sGPA of 2.9, regular GPA of 3.15, but have a pretty substantial upward trend and have been getting around 3.3 to 3.4 for the last year. Sorry this is such a personal question; I really don't know who to ask. Let me know. Thank you!!!

I was accepted into this program along with the Georgetown SMP and was having trouble deciding between the two. Does anyone have any insight that might help??

Accepted and attending!! applied in Dec, would love to make a groupchat soon

good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted into this program along with the Georgetown SMP and was having trouble deciding between the two. Does anyone have any insight that might help??
Definitely pick Tufts. I heard from a friend that Georgetown's advising was terrible and they had a curve which Tufts doesn't. My friend had a decent undergrad (3.6ish) GPA and is worse off after doing Georgetown which hopefully is not typical but certainly enough for me that I would never recommend them.

Im a former tufts MBS student and current med student at tufts, feel free to AMA
I have been accepted and have decided to commit to the Tufts MBS program. How well did the program prepare you for medical school and how difficult are the classes? Lastly, what is a normal course load like for students in each semester? I know this is old but I cannot find a newer thread. Thank you for your time.

Definitely pick Tufts. I heard from a friend that Georgetown's advising was terrible and they had a curve which Tufts doesn't. My friend had a decent undergrad (3.6ish) GPA and is worse off after doing Georgetown which hopefully is not typical but certainly enough for me that I would never recommend them.

I am also trying to decide between a few schools including Georgetown, but still waiting to hear from Tufts. Do you have for specific information on how the advising was terrible? Do you know what your friends gpa was at the end of the program and whether he ended up going to an MD school?

I am also trying to decide between a few schools including Georgetown, but still waiting to hear from Tufts. Do you have for specific information on how the advising was terrible? Do you know what your friends gpa was at the end of the program and whether he ended up going to an MD school?
Ive also heard some not so good things about Georgetown SMP and decided to commit to tufts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wondering if there is a Facebook group for accepted students. Also, does anyone know when class registration begins?

Reactions: 1 users
I know applications are accepted up until July 1st but I wonder, it is worth applying now?

Any recent admissions/rejection movement? If so, can you list your complete date?

Noticed that on my "Complete" email that evaluations can take 6-8 weeks! Hoping it won't be that long!
I submitted mine back in February and was complete 2/14 and heard back 2/27. I don't think it will take 6-8 weeks to hear back but I am not sure

Complete 2 weeks ago but received an acceptance today!

Does anyone happen to know the average MBS GPA of a Tufts MBS matriculant by the time they graduate and before they apply to med school?

Accepted a week ago, complete April 12. Will be declining, however!

Hi! I wanted to get your input on the MBS program! I was just accepted into the 2018-2019 class.

-how does it help your medical school acceptance chances (DO and MD)

-what was the program like?

-did you like it (favorite/least favorite parts)

-was it hard?

-what was unique about it?

-what was the curriculum like?

-should I not apply this cycle for medical school?

-WAS IT WORTH IT

Gave up my spot. Going to Barry instead. Good luck to those on the waitlist!

I was accepted to this program, as well as the USF MSMS and RFU MBS. Having trouble deciding on one, any insight?