TUCOM-ca co2015!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eckz2k

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for Touro CA, so I thought I would start one.
If anyone else is going to be attending, please let us know.
I'll be doing the dual degree and starting in June; holla at me if you're in the same boat. :))

Members don't see this ad.

hello,
i will begin at touro in aug, but i wanted to move in during the month of july. i was hoping to find housing on mare island. however the musticorealty website is a bit shallow for options on mare island and i'd prefer to go to a source a little more reliable than craigslist. does anyone know of other sources i could use to find housing on mare island? thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a good point. I too would like to know where we can seek housing listings or roomate listings other than craigs list and the school recommended realtor. If anyone has info on housing please share:)

Hey Everyone. Congratulations! If you have any questions for a current student let me know. The housing situation is a bit different at Touro. Most of the housing on the island is in a single development of similar homes inhabited mostly by students. Every year there are rooms to be rented from other students or landlords. Off the island you can search for rooms in Vallejo on craigslist. I personally still live in Berkeley, which I don't particularly recommend, but it can be done if you want to live in a nice place with lots of eating, shopping, and pretty scenery.

Hi! I'm so excited about starting medical school!!

Does anyone have any advice on doing the DO/MPH... I can't decide. I'm moving to CA the last week of May. I'm interested in public health, but I just don't know if an MPH will be necessary/useful in my career.

Thanks!!

Congratulations on becoming the Touro CA COM Class of 2015! Enjoy this summer off because you will be busy next year :)

Hi,

For anyone who is interested, we will be moving out of our lovely rental house in Fairfield. It's in North Fairfield, one block from the beautiful laurel creek park, close to Raley's, CVS, Starbucks, Subway, WalMart, several banks, KMart, and only a few miles from the mall, Trader Joe's, Barnes and Noble, and In-N-Out.

It's a four bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, 2 car garage, there is a dining nook, a den off the kitchen with a brick fireplace, and a living room with 16 foot ceilings, it has a beautiful back yard, complete with Lime, Lemon, Persimmon, Orange and Apple trees. Lawn service is provided by the landlord. The house is pet friendly. The neighborhood is very friendly and charming, the neighbor across the street is this wonderful cuban man who sits on the porch with his dog, and there is a firefighter three doors down. It takes me 20-25 minutes to get to school in the morning.

Plenty of room for several students to share, or if you have school age kids, they will be walking distance to the elementary school, let me know if you are interested and I'll put you in touch with our property management group. This will help both of us, because you'll find a fabulous new home, and I'll be able to save a little money, I love our house and would stay in it except I'm newly single and can't afford the rent on my own. PM me if you are interested!

Hi all. I have a bedroom and bathroom open in my apt OFF the island in a good area of town (close to Sutter Solano Medical Center), 8-10 mins to school (via the 37). Newly redone with in-apt washer/dryer, updated kitchen, safe area and good neighbors, quiet, and you can run out your door to work out in Dan Foley Park. $550 + utilities ($15-25/mo for PGE + internet/TV). Roomie's out mid June.

In response to my previous post about the house for rent in Fairfield, there is a 3rd year Touro student who will be on rotations and is interested in renting the house if she can find roomates, this would mean you could rent a charming 4 bedroom 2 1/2 bath house in Fairfield for $850. Pm me or email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Hi there! I am not officially accepted at Touro 2015 (high alternate list). But I was trying to find a booklist for next year. I got into LECOM(which starts mid July) but I am crossing my fingers and trying to hold out for Touro, and wanted to buy whatever books are the same from both schools lists so I am not completely unprepared if I do have to move to Pa. I didn't know if anyone has this list already or if they knew where I could find it. Thank you so much!