Tsu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anybody heard from TSU today or anybody who had their interviews in mid-April. I had my interview on 14th and the wait is terrible man......:scared::scared:

Congratulations to everybody who got in and hope to be there:confused::confused:

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i will be declining my acceptance tom....gl to whoever takes my spot :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I received my acceptance letter today :love:. It was dated on May 1, 2009.
My interview was on April, 02

I got conditional acceptance. I haven't taken Medical Terminology. So, if anyone knows which school in Houston offer that course, please let me know. also, i would like to know if it is ok to take it in Summer?????

Thanks in advance...

I got conditional acceptance. I haven't taken Medical Terminology. So, if anyone knows which school in Houston offer that course, please let me know. also, i would like to know if it is ok to take it in Summer?????

Thanks in advance...
They are surely driving me nuts...now I supposedly have to take statistics and micro to satisfy my conditional acceptance status...this new pre-pharm curriculum was uploaded onto their website when I was about to interview in mid march...now I gotta take thse classes..I don get it...not that they are tough..its just the inconvenience of taking them during the summer...by the way, no science classes in the summer before matriculation???!!! whats happening...so what do I have to do? Pretty confused now I guess I have to take them in the summer...no galvastone!
Congratulationsnall who mad it in...hope to see you in the mix.:mad::laugh:

They are surely driving me nuts...now I supposedly have to take statistics and micro to satisfy my conditional acceptance status...this new pre-pharm curriculum was uploaded onto their website when I was about to interview in mid march...now I gotta take thse classes..I don get it...not that they are tough..its just the inconvenience of taking them during the summer...by the way, no science classes in the summer before matriculation???!!! whats happening...so what do I have to do? Pretty confused now I guess I have to take them in the summer...no galvastone!
Congratulationsnall who mad it in...hope to see you in the mix.:mad::laugh:
I think that's for their 2010 applicants, not us. I mean I took all the required classes for their updated pre-req's, or will be done by the end of this spring. Mind if I ask your stats? I'm still playing the waiting game :xf:. Does anyone know how they're picking people to send acceptance letters to? I read on last year's thread, one person say they're sending out to the top 20% first?

Last edited:
Hi,

Does anybody when they will be starting sending out the 2nd batch of Acceptance letters or did anybody heard from TSU who had their interviews in Mid-April. :eek::eek:

Thanks in Advance and Congratulations to all who got in!!!

Thanks in advance...

Department of Health Sciences (The College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences -Texas Southern University) offers Medical Terminology course (HSMR 362 - 3 credits - Summer I). However, I don't know if Medical Terminology course HSMR 362 can replace the Medical Terminology course PHAR 212 (1 credit). Houston Community College also offers the course this summer (POFM 1300).

Hi,

So nobody heard from the 2nd batch yet!!1:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks

nothing here. I interviewed about a week after you muksyed. Mind posting up your stats? Mine : GPA 3.55, PCAT 70. Volunteered at hospital for almost 2 years. TSU student. Thought the interview went pretty good. I'm just hoping for that acceptance letter.

i heard the curriculum will be drastically changed for our class (2013)...

has anybody heard anything? or have a link to the new curriculum

Department of Health Sciences (The College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences -Texas Southern University) offers Medical Terminology course (HSMR 362 - 3 credits - Summer I). However, I don't know if Medical Terminology course HSMR 362 can replace the Medical Terminology course PHAR 212 (1 credit). Houston Community College also offers the course this summer (POFM 1300).

From what ms.davis told me TSU was not offering any medical terminology course. i did look into what you suggested at HCC but thats not the right course. it woul dbe the MDCA 1313. BUT, the course runs through the whole summer (june-aug).

I have looked into trinity valley community college. Tyler community college. and the Victoria college. they offer medical terminology and have you complete it in the first summer.

Members don't see this ad :)

I didn't hear anything about it. I didn't even know Dr. Eugere was retiring. Dr. Guilford looks like he could retire.

From what ms.davis told me TSU was not offering any medical terminology course.

At this time: MED.TERM/WORD PROC. (HSMR 362 - Section 01 - Class # 30290), MTWRF (1-2:30 pm), Jun 01 - Jul 02, Room NSC 207, Instructor: Fanny C. Hawkins (P), Section Remaining: 17

(MED.TERM/WORD PROC = Medical Terminology/Word Processing - 3 credit hs)

Hi,

Did anybody from 2nd batch recieve anything yet or did anybody called ms. davis to check on their status of the applications.:scared::scared:

Thanks!!!

I think that's for their 2010 applicants, not us. I mean I took all the required classes for their updated pre-req's, or will be done by the end of this spring. Mind if I ask your stats? I'm still playing the waiting game :xf:. Does anyone know how they're picking people to send acceptance letters to? I read on last year's thread, one person say they're sending out to the top 20% first?
This is the key at TSU...not so much about the stats, just impress them in the interview so much so that you walk out of the room and they remember your three names when you turn your deposit in....if you did, wait for the letter, its coming. GPA 3.50, Tech 2 yrs, Volunteer 1 week(actually about three days), Pre-Health..not interested ever, never did. PCAT..it smothered me 60.., THE INTERVIEW 03/24..I made Dr. Milton really really happy...answered all her question in 5-10 min stints, explained my PCAT scores, argued out the criterion for percentiles vs student pound for pound intellectual capabilities( a single score isnt cumulative enaf to suggest that one student is dramatically better than another! it worked miracles!) A 60 percentile can beat a 90 percentile in pharm school courses..can be vice versa but I made them believe...anyway...thats all gone..meet me in RX school.
I guess I dont have to take the new courses now. They explained it all to me. Safe for now but have to pass my three classes this sem. Good luck peple.

nothing here. I interviewed about a week after you muksyed. Mind posting up your stats? Mine : GPA 3.55, PCAT 70. Volunteered at hospital for almost 2 years. TSU student. Thought the interview went pretty good. I'm just hoping for that acceptance letter.
Amazin stats. I think youll get in., cause I don see why not. How was the interview...any tough questions? The tougher it was, the highr the chances of your entry. With that PCAT..you should be good unless you spat on their faces at adcom.

Not so much. Some new electives being introduced but the core is the same.

Amazin stats. I think youll get in., cause I don see why not. How was the interview...any tough questions? The tougher it was, the highr the chances of your entry. With that PCAT..you should be good unless you spat on their faces at adcom.
The questions were pretty okay I guess. Why not doctor instead of pharmacy? Why should we pick you? What is your greatest weakness? Other questions but I forgot, definitely tougher than the general questions. I thought mine was a lot tougher than my friend's who interview 2 weeks earlier. They asked him pretty generic questions, while being very specific to mine.

How many seats do they have for class of 2013?

Thanks

I agree. The interview weighs the most. My stats were not very good and I got asked a lot of questions about my poor grades. My questions were pretty tough though ... a lot of critical thinking questions .. like 5 of them along with 10 specific questions over general topics in pharmacy. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting!

I agree. The interview weighs the most. My stats were not very good and I got asked a lot of questions about my poor grades. My questions were pretty tough though ... a lot of critical thinking questions .. like 5 of them along with 10 specific questions over general topics in pharmacy. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting!

From the last year posts, i did found that interview weighs about 1/3rd of ur admissions scores. But what about the other factors!!!!

Thanks

I would like to thank all of you for helping me with my concern about the medical terminology course. I really appreciate your help.

BTW, If you have any question about your course, I recommend you to contact with Mrs. Davis. She is very nice, and she will work with you and help you out.

Congrats to all got in and good luck to whom still waiting.

I hope I'll see all of you in the Summer Academy...

Thanks..

any updates? I'm thinking of calling Mrs.Davis tomorrow or something to see

any updates? I'm thinking of calling Mrs.Davis tomorrow or something to see

Hi,

Sorry twinTurbo but no updates so far.

Thanks and Good Luck to all of us who are waiting :xf::xf:

i wanted to update that i have registered at trinity valley community college.

they were quick to register me. I was very happy with them. I sent my application for admission via applytexas.org and received conditional approvement within 48 hours. I spoke with one of the admission ladies and she allowed me to send an unofficial transcript via email to show proof of test scores (SAT, THEA, TSI, etc) since my official transcipts took a while to get there. She allowed the 'block' to be taken off for me to register. all i have to do is make sure that all my offiical transcripts are recieved before the course is over.

I registered for the medical terminology course (MDCA 1313) which is from june 1- july 2; all online. and the course cost me only 200$. not bad ^_^ book cost should be no more than 100$ and they have a personal bookstore that can ship it to you. hope this helps with those looking for medical terminology course. the professor name is Helen Reid

why do you have to take medical terminology? as far as I know it is not mandatory any more. ( or may be it is mandatory for new transfer students and I am not aware of )
i wanted to update that i have registered at trinity valley community college.

they were quick to register me. I was very happy with them. I sent my application for admission via applytexas.org and received conditional approvement within 48 hours. I spoke with one of the admission ladies and she allowed me to send an unofficial transcript via email to show proof of test scores (SAT, THEA, TSI, etc) since my official transcipts took a while to get there. She allowed the 'block' to be taken off for me to register. all i have to do is make sure that all my offiical transcripts are recieved before the course is over.

I registered for the medical terminology course (MDCA 1313) which is from june 1- july 2; all online. and the course cost me only 200$. not bad ^_^ book cost should be no more than 100$ and they have a personal bookstore that can ship it to you. hope this helps with those looking for medical terminology course. the professor name is Helen Reid

I'm waiting for the acceptance letter, too. I heard they'll send letters to alternating students in this week. After this week, forget it...continue to move on. I want to know what you are going to do if your application is rejected.

I'm waiting for the acceptance letter, too. I heard they'll send letters to alternating students in this week. After this week, forget it...continue to move on. I want to know what you are going to do if your application is rejected.
Thanks for the update

Last edited:
ROD: according to the pre-requ curriculum, medical terminology is required. plus, ms.davis told me specificially that it is needed. i have other friends who are entering the program and are required to take the course as well

Hi,

Did anybody heard on the alternate list. The students who are still waiting for the reply, are u gonna register for summer I for any pre-requisistes left for the curriculum.

God Luck to all who are waiting and hope best for everybody:xf::thumbup:

i got in tooooo... but i denied my acceptance.... they were too rude to me during my interview.. i deserve some respect and i dont want to be in a college where they treat you like crap.

Hey all,

It looks like all the seats has been filled for this year at TSU. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi,

What is a alternate list and what are the chances of being accepted after being placed on alternate list....

Thanks and good luck to all......

I got an alternate list letter yesterday. I think I have to take Medical Terminology course at TSU (HSMR 362 - Medical Terminology/Word Processing - 3 credit hrs) in Summer I. I wonder if they (COP) agree that HSMR 362 can replace PHAR 212.
In fact, I finished Medical Terminology course at HCC but I cannot transfer my grade to TSU. Last year, the number of my transfer credits exceeded the limits (66).

Rockthebells, can MDCA 1313 at Trinity Valley Community College replace PHAR 212? Have you asked them (COP) about it?

RPharm, how do you solve your problem about Medical Terminology course?

Would you mind sharing your expericence. Thanks.

does anybody have the new entry pharm d curriculum that will begin for the graduating class of 2013? a link or anything would greatly be appreciated :)

does anybody have the new entry pharm d curriculum that will begin for the graduating class of 2013? a link or anything would greatly be appreciated :)
It is not out yet . Dont bother yourself to find it . If you want to get a head start, study biochem and biostat.

thanks for the heads up on biochem and biostats.

however, i also heard that micro biology is no longer on the curriculum and i was planning to take it summer I at hcc. do you know anything about this?

however, i also heard that micro biology is no longer on the curriculum and i was planning to take it summer I at hcc. do you know anything about this?
microbiology will be a pre-req starting for the 2010 folks. So that's why it's not going to be in the pharmacy curriculum anymore. But you will still have to take it during your professional year if you haven't. I would take it in the summer if you have the chance.

I don't know anything about micro but in order to be safe go and ask Mrs. Davis . Then let us know what happend.

microbiology will be a pre-req starting for the 2010 folks. So that's why it's not going to be in the pharmacy curriculum anymore. But you will still have to take it during your professional year if you haven't. I would take it in the summer if you have the chance.
If it is a prereq for 2010 why anybody accepted 2009 should take it? I don't understand you. I dont think he has to take it anymore if it is not in curriculum and he already got into school.

If it is a prereq for 2010 why anybody accepted 2009 should take it? I don't understand you. I dont think he has to take it anymore if it is not in curriculum and he already got into school.
2009 people will still have to take it if they haven't during their professional year. I'm just saying if you take it now, then you don't have to take it during your spring of P1, if I'm not mistaken. 1 less class you have to worry about. Microbiology is required period, it just will be moved into pre-req next year instead of the professional year. If you haven't taken microbiology, you will have to during your p1 year. Anyways, best bet is to go ask Mrs. Davis.

Last edited:

calculus and statistics is also added to the pre pharm curriculum for ppl applying for fall of 2010. so i have to take those classes too? i really dont want to ask mrs davis because i know she will just say "yes, you have to take it!" even though i might not have to. each class is like 500 dollars :(

i used the website below to figure out what textbooks we will need for the fall semester.

http://tsu.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs...37427577&s3=38161638&s4=38166771&s5=38147671N

the term is fall, department is pharm, and i clicked on all the 400 lvls classes (usually thats the p1 year)

here are some of the books that are already listed for some of the classes

http://www.amazon.com/Foyes-Princip...99/ref=sr_11_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1243490779&sr=11-1

http://www.amazon.com/Pharmaceutica...7X/ref=sr_11_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1243491266&sr=11-1

http://www.amazon.com/Goodman-Gilma...03/ref=sr_11_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1243491284&sr=11-1

http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Spa...9X/ref=sr_11_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1243491303&sr=11-1

i went ahead and bought the book for pharm calculations. it was only 50 dollars and i could use the head start. i checked some of the textbooks for prepharm classes too and that website seems accurate. it could be wrong though.

any thoughts or opinions?

i used the website below to figure out what textbooks we will need for the fall semester.

http://tsu.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs...37427577&s3=38161638&s4=38166771&s5=38147671N

the term is fall, department is pharm, and i clicked on all the 400 lvls classes (usually thats the p1 year)

here are some of the books that are already listed for some of the classes

http://www.amazon.com/Foyes-Princip...99/ref=sr_11_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1243490779&sr=11-1

http://www.amazon.com/Pharmaceutica...7X/ref=sr_11_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1243491266&sr=11-1

http://www.amazon.com/Goodman-Gilma...03/ref=sr_11_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1243491284&sr=11-1

http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Spa...9X/ref=sr_11_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1243491303&sr=11-1

i went ahead and bought the book for pharm calculations. it was only 50 dollars and i could use the head start. i checked some of the textbooks for prepharm classes too and that website seems accurate. it could be wrong though.

any thoughts or opinions?
Nice! But the curiculum is going to change starting fall 2009. These studd that you see on the online bookstore, may change. Calculation is still therer for first semester. But I am not sure about the rest. I am just going to get head start by going online and study biochem and may be biostatistic. Good luck.

calculus and statistics is also added to the pre pharm curriculum for ppl applying for fall of 2010. so i have to take those classes too? i really dont want to ask mrs davis because i know she will just say "yes, you have to take it!" even though i might not have to. each class is like 500 dollars :(
If you applying for 2010 take it with HCC. It is cheaper ( but not easier ) . If you accepted this year, you do not have to take it. Good luck.

does anyone know when's the last day to turn in the acceptance sheet and the deposit? Thanks.

does anyone know when's the last day to turn in the acceptance sheet and the deposit? Thanks.

on my acceptance letter, it said the deadline was one week after receiving it. i turned it in the next school day after receiving my letter