Transferring Credits/Courses

mathlegend

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in high school, and I plan to take A LOT of classes at my community college. By the end of my senior year in high school, I will have 51 units (if I haven't counted incorrectly) Question is, when I go to college (most likely a UC) will my grades from the cc be transferred over, in addition to the credits? And when I apply for pod school (or med xD) will they see my grades I receive at my cc?

Members don't see this ad.

The grades will not transfer to the UC, but the Units will. For Example, I got an A and a B in my year of General Chemistry at Cypress College, and then when I transffered to UCI, it shows up on my UCI transcript as CR (Credit). So it doesn't go into my UCI GPA, but the UCI GPA doesn't really matter. When you apply to professional school, all of the grades will get factored in, CC or UC, together in the same pile.

If this makes sense:

When you transfer from a CC or a uni to another uni, does your GPA carry over or do you get a new GPA?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Vicviper.

Jefgreen, I think he means the GPA does not carry over, but med schools look at it all.
(oh crap I got a B in intro to bio since I thought it wouldn't matter...uh oh!)