transfer to P2 or P3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharbitis

NewPharmDStudent
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if transfer is possible to another pharmacy school at P2 or P3 level.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for your immediate response. One more question... where can I have some general or specific information about that in the web?

Members don't see this ad :)
You can check on PharmCAS, they have a school listing, I believe one of the things listed in each school profile is if they accept transfers. From memory I think most schools don't allow transfers.

Can I ask what school you're at and why you want to transfer out?

I am wondering if transfer is possible to another pharmacy school at P2 or P3 level.

Yes it is possible....I transferred into another COP P2 year. Best way to find out is to contact that COP directly.

The two main things you need to have a strong case when requesting a transfer are:

1. Good/very decent grades

2.Good ..very..very good reason to transfer.

( your target school will ask you for a letter from your actual school and/or contact them)

One of my classmate tried to transfer to another school for a complicated/ grades based reason. Our school wrote her a recommendation letter. But they phrased in a way that she can't really use that letter.

And, also from I remember, most schools want you to spend at least 2 years with them. I don't know if the rotation count as some schools have longer or shorter rotations period.

Good luck

Many schools will also want a letter from your current Dean. Sometimes that letter is supposed to be a recommendation, sometimes it is just confirming that you are in good standing. The information on PharmCAS concerning transfers is incomplete and unreliable. The best thing to do is to visit and read the websites of schools you might want to transfer to. If they don't have a policy listed, e-mail them or call and ask directly. It's just something that happens so rarely there isn't any good information compiled on it anyplace on the internet.

The one person that I know of who transferred successfully came into the P2 class at UWSOP. She would have been a P3 at her other school. She wanted to be closer to her family, who lived in Seattle.