Training in AF/Navy/Army

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drpapaya

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which provides the best training in ranking order?

Members don't see this ad.

Heard Army dentists just do amalgams and exams and complain about losing their other skills. Is this the same in AF and Navy?

Members don't see this ad :)
Heard Army dentists just do amalgams and exams and complain about losing their other skills. Is this the same in AF and Navy?

drpapaya,

You are asking some good questions but please look through the Army, AF, Navy sticky forums. There is a high probability all of your questions have been answered multiple times through these threads. I am by no means trying to discourage you from asking questions but please take a moment to browse those threads which you most likely will find quite informative.

Best of luck.

drpapaya,

You are asking some good questions but please look through the Army, AF, Navy sticky forums. There is a high probability all of your questions have been answered multiple times through these threads. I am by no means trying to discourage you from asking questions but please take a moment to browse those threads which you most likely will find quite informative.

Best of luck.

:) - that is where I got these questions from. I couldn't find any complaints in AF/Navy stickies. Army sticky is filled with complaints!

Not where I have been stationed. I've been at 3 different bases over the last 7 years, and at all 3 the general dentists have had some pretty good flexibility in what they do. Endo, OS, Prosth, Cosmetic procedures - even some limited Ortho at my last base. It's going to depend on location and who your boss is. I wouldn't over-generalize though and say that "all dentists will ..."

:) - that is where I got these questions from. I couldn't find any complaints in AF/Navy stickies. Army sticky is filled with complaints!
The question to ask is - complaints by how many people. As with all things in life - you can get a few very unhappy people and they can be very vocal. Doesn't necessarily mean it is that way for the other 98%.

Have you ever met anyone in your class at dental school that thinks the school sucks? If they were very vocal - someone thinking of applying to your school might reconsider.