Navy AEGD Location results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C.Doc6553

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm going to be doing the 1yr AEGD with the Navy and have submitted my preference in locations already. Just wondering if anyone knows when those results are typically released? Do they also release the class of ODS you are in as well? They told us not to sign up and that our detailer works that out for us.
Thank you so much, appreciate any information !

Members don't see this ad.

Have you heard anything yet? I'm doing a credentialing tour but haven't heard anything yet and am not sure when I should expect to. Our detailer's email stated "I am not physically able to write your first set of orders until your degree is conferred and your oath of office is generated by your recruiter." I don't know if this means that we won't know where we're going until after graduation (in May for most people), or if we will learn where we are tentatively headed before then but just won't physically have our orders until after that time.

I have not heard anything as well. I emailed the detailer recently but haven’t received a response. All my classmates who are army HPSP found out in December. The whole not being able to our orders until the degree is conferred seems weird too because I’m not sure how we’ll set up PCS without written orders.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, also chiming in. I also opted for a credentialing tour and am still waiting to hear. During the Transition Session on Zoom last week, they announced orders are delayed—they will be written as early as March but most likely in April. Just curious, how did you all rank the four credentialing locations? I’m really hoping we all hear back soon!

Hi, also chiming in. I also opted for a credentialing tour and am still waiting to hear. During the Transition Session on Zoom last week, they announced orders are delayed—they will be written as early as March but most likely in April. Just curious, how did you all rank the four credentialing locations? I’m really hoping we all hear back soon!
I wasn’t aware that there was a transition session that had been scheduled. Who was that with?

I wasn’t aware that there was a transition session that had been scheduled. Who was that with?
Navy BUMED. There was an email sent two weeks ago (email subject “Dental HPSP Students C/O 2024”) with more details. There’s upcoming sessions on 2/28, 3/13, 3/20, with mandatory attendance in at least one session.

I was on Info Hour call and it sounds like maybe a couple of people have learned of their AEGD assignments - I have not received anything. Anyone else still waiting to hear?

Anyone have issues joining the Teams meeting and know how to resolve that? It may have just been cuz it was on my phone, but it said that I wasn’t authorized to join when I tried last week.

Just wanted to check back in and see if anyone has heard when they're scheduled to report to ODS yet. I'm a credentialer and haven't heard yet but wanted to see if they've notified those doing a PGY-1 program about ODS or not

Just wanted to check back in and see if anyone has heard when they're scheduled to report to ODS yet. I'm a credentialer and haven't heard yet but wanted to see if they've notified those doing a PGY-1 program about ODS or not
Based off the email from the detailer we won’t get ODS dates until we get orders and in that email he said we won’t get orders until after we officially graduate.

Based off the email from the detailer we won’t get ODS dates until we get orders and in that email he said we won’t get orders until after we officially graduate.
That was my initial impression too, but during the last transition to active duty session, CDR Lyons said that that wasn’t the case and her hope was to hear by early April. But the last HPSP newsletter that came out this week said by the end of April. I guess we’ll just have to see if that’s the case or if it’s not until graduation time