Toxicology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

odoreater

Cybernetic Ghost
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone mentioned (in my cerebral post) about tox. I have been interested in Tox and would like to know more about it. Where they tend to work (hospitals vs poison control centers) what lifestyle is like etc. Anywhere I can find out more (or anyone who could tell me) would really be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

Most of the tox folks I know work 5-12 shifts a month in the ED, do tox rounds in the hospital on all the ODers, and do research or direct a poison control center. They're all very cerebral types...so maybe that will be your thing.

Originally posted by Desperado
Most of the tox folks I know work 5-12 shifts a month in the ED, do tox rounds in the hospital on all the ODers, and do research or direct a poison control center. They're all very cerebral types...so maybe that will be your thing.

This is the setup I've noticed too. Throw in some optional admin duties, too. Tox is interesting stuff if you like pharm/physio. I like it, but I doubt I could handle a 2 year fellowship after residency. I'd rather end up in a program with strong tox staff, and pick up what I can on the side. Maybe do something with it for my research project.